Taunt and Joke Spam

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwoFatNuts

Adjudicator

06-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
We're always happy to get feedback from the community, and the audio team will be responding on this thread if you guys would like to keep a healthy discussion on the topic going.
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for taking the time to discuss this with us. Explaining things as you have makes removing the /t spam much more understandable (Albeit begrudgingly). I truly hope you and your awesome team can come up with a fix/workaround/compromise for this but in the event that you absolutely cannot, I (and many others I'm sure) still greatly appreciate your efforts and openness in this matter.

Again, Thank You.

Footman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

06-02-2010

Dear Riot

I love the Youmuu's Ghostblade sound

ILIKEGRAPE

06-02-2010

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

I would say that is a fairly large representation of the gaming community casual/hardcore/whatever.
I will agree that you probably have users who use low end system but the trend shows that computers have above average sound (I guess 32 is average?) so why not work off of that?

I actually have noted some bugs and if I find them I will start taking notes and helping out as much as possible. What are some specific bug types you are looking for, I heard Riot is trying to clear up fog of war sounds and such. Anything else?

ILIKEGRAPE

06-04-2010

They forgot about us

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

06-04-2010
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Sorry for the slow reply, thought I'd let a few comments build up to batch answer but they've seemed to come to a halt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIKEGRAPE View Post
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

I would say that is a fairly large representation of the gaming community casual/hardcore/whatever.
I will agree that you probably have users who use low end system but the trend shows that computers have above average sound (I guess 32 is average?) so why not work off of that?
This is an awesome site with some great information, thanks for the link! I'm actually not exactly sure what statistic you are trying to point out on that page, but we do currently operate under the assumption that our users have at least 32 voice polyphony on their card.

Quote:
I actually have noted some bugs and if I find them I will start taking notes and helping out as much as possible. What are some specific bug types you are looking for, I heard Riot is trying to clear up fog of war sounds and such. Anything else?
Let us know about any bugs or subjective sound feedback! When we roll out the FOW fix, we will need you guys to help by report any sounds that are still playing through FOW, as it's a spell by spell fix.

ILIKEGRAPE

06-04-2010

Would it be possible to list your fixes because there are skills that I know I can hear through bushes / fow sometimes.

Also I was more or less commenting on the fact that most computers come with decent on board settings and questioning if that the base was 32 channels.

iNsAyNe

06-04-2010

I noticed while playing Left 4 Dead 2, today, that I could spam/loop the voice commands of the characters with no problem to graphics or sounds.

I am very curious as to how a game as visually and aurally complex as Left 4 Dead 2 can easily produce looping of voice commands. Is this a technical feat that only a large publisher such as Valve can produce?

If a game such as Left 4 Dead 2 can do it... why can't a much more simple game such as League of Legends?

Perhaps you might be able to speak with any of the sound engineers at Valve on the subject.
In fact, I hope to gain some insight from them on the matter which I might pass on to help Riot's engineers work on the problem.

ILIKEGRAPE

06-04-2010

They never said they couldn't do it. It was in the game before, you act like it was never in the game with that post.
He also said that they dont load sounds into the memory so it uses CPU to load sounds from the HDD.
One can assume that HL2 engine puts a whole **** load of memory. just look at the process.

I've noticed that you can hear ezreals ult globally, is that a bug or was that added into the game?

iNsAyNe

06-04-2010

Quote:
They never said they couldn't do it. It was in the game before, you act like it was never in the game with that post.
He also said that they dont load sounds into the memory so it uses CPU to load sounds from the HDD.
One can assume that HL2 engine puts a whole **** load of memory. just look at the process.

I've noticed that you can hear ezreals ult globally, is that a bug or was that added into the game?
The point I'm making is that a finished product of one publisher contains the feature that another publisher refuses to or is incapable of implementing without it detracting from the polish/quality of the game, and that perhaps there is something to learn there.

Monkits

06-05-2010

Vocalize spam was one of my fave things to do in L4D (besides teamkilling to get first aid kits), it was always great fun when people responded by vocalizing back. There's an insane amount of speech that can be used and you can easily bind them to any key or even to existing commands (jump and scream at the same time). Sure one or two people may hated it, but for the most part people enjoyed it and I was often asked by players how they could do it themselves.