Read this if you lag in dominion!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrosB4Pros

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2011

how the hell do so many people in this thread not have dedicated graphic cards?

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camael View Post
how the hell do so many people in this thread not have dedicated graphic cards?
Because 90% of computers sold do not come with them. The entire dedicated graphics market is deceptively small.

Theres a reason there are more intel integrated graphics in the world then Nvidia and AMD chips combined. And thats including the integrated Nvidia and AMD chips.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artarias View Post
$60 computer off craigslist. $20 for a graphics card off ebay.

Windows XP
2.2ghz processor
1g ram
512mb graphics card that bottlenecks because I'm running PCI-E 1.0, upgrading from 128mb to this did nothing (actually dropped about 2 fps, but some of the features on the card are worth having)

I run SR at lowest setting around 30fps, and Dominion around 25fps. I do get occasional lag but nothing game breaking.

So don't go telling people they can't run Dominion because their SR fps is only 30. It's not a graphically intense game at the lowest settings. Shutting the sound off (not volume, disabling sound) works wonders for the fps. Not running music, other programs, or even cutting out all but the necessary services in msconfig will also boost your fps.

You don't need to blow hundreds just to get a system that won't get you roflstomped. I'm sorry, but I get tired of people saying/implying this. No, it's not gonna look pretty. But I truly enjoy the game without shadows or sound, because of the game itself.
I should add that in my own opinion anything under 30 fps is unplayable, to me it feels unresponsive, just an over all a bad experience, and I cant have fun or really get into it (also it gives me massive migraines) if you have no problem playing a game without all its features then im sure you can squeeze out a few more fps with what you mentioned like disabling sound (although it puts you a huge disadvantage) but imo its not worth it, and if your Sr fps is only 30 my point is Cs is going to demolish your system, you will be lucky to get 15 fps, again though 30 fps is the very lowest I can stand.

For those who want to try to get more fps with the above suggestion here is how*
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK this disables programs from starting and using up system resources, don't disable anything that you need to run your computer!!!

-go to your start menu and type in msconfig
-click on services and then check the box that says "hide all microsoft services"
(there are alot microsoft services that can be disabled no problem, but this is the safest route)
-now click the "disable all" button
-next click the start up tab at the top and again hit disable all
-press apply and restart computer
-when you restart the msconfig window will pop up, just click the X to close it
-reverse these effect by repeating and using the "enable all" button

edit: this will disable all background programs that are not essential to your computer running, including antiviruses
edit again: anything that says AMD, Intel, ATI, or Geforce leave alone, recheck these boxes before applying

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuroshin View Post

For those who want to try to get more fps with the above suggestion here is how*
TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK this disables programs from starting and using up system resources, don't disable anything that you need to run your computer!!!

-go to your start menu and type in msconfig
-click on services and then check the box that says "hide all microsoft services"
(there are alot microsoft services that can be disabled no problem, but this is the safest route)
-now click the "disable all" button
-next click the start up tab at the top and again hit disable all
-press apply and restart computer
-when you restart the msconfig window will pop up, just click the X to close it
-reverse these effect by repeating and using the "enable all" button
This is the stupidest piece of advice ever given on the internet. EVER.

DO NOT DO THIS.

If you do not know what you are doing stay out of MSCONFIG. If you want a quick boost theres a program called gamebooster which will safely do essentially what he is suggesting, without disabling your AV, video drivers etc. in the process.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchinMyself View Post
Because 90% of computers sold do not come with them. The entire dedicated graphics market is deceptively small.

Theres a reason there are more intel integrated graphics in the world then Nvidia and AMD chips combined. And thats including the integrated Nvidia and AMD chips.
The purpose of integrating functions into a motherboard is its cost effective. It allows for an all in one package that requires little to no knowledge to install, and drastically reduces the cost of a computer. As for you comment of there being more Intel chips then AMD or Geforce combined, I would like to see proof of that, considering that intel just started pushing into that market in the last 5 years years

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
The purpose of integrating functions into a motherboard is its cost effective. It allows for an all in one package that requires little to no knowledge to install, and drastically reduces the cost of a computer. As for you comment of there being more Intel chips then AMD or Geforce combined, I would like to see proof of that, considering that intel just started pushing into that market in the last 5 years years
Its common freaking knowledge but if you want proof here you go.

http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/...g-4th-quarter/

Intel owns the integrated graphics market and that market DOMINATES the dedicated graphics market. Intel has been in the graphics market a lot longer than 5 years.

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
This is the stupidest piece of advice ever given on the internet. EVER.

DO NOT DO THIS.

If you do not know what you are doing stay out of MSCONFIG. If you want a quick boost theres a program called gamebooster which will safely do essentially what he is suggesting, without disabling your AV, video drivers etc. in the process.
Please know what your talking about first. If I wanted to disable drivers I would have sent them to device manager. By hiding all Microsoft services all that is disable is background programs that are NON ESSENTIAL

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
Please know what your talking about first. If I wanted to disable drivers I would have sent them to device manager. By hiding all Microsoft services all that is disable is background programs that are NON ESSENTIAL
Actually by disabling all services (even hiding microsoft ones) you will be disabling graphic drivers, antivirus and any other driver/program that relies on a background service to run...

Your advice is terrible and you have NO clue what you are talking about. Following your advice would actually make LOL impossible to play...

Sakuroshin

09-24-2011

Quote:
Its common freaking knowledge but if you want proof here you go.

http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/...g-4th-quarter/

Intel owns the integrated graphics market and that market DOMINATES the dedicated graphics market. Intel has been in the graphics market a lot longer than 5 years.
been in it yes, but as far as I knew wasn't pushing hard, thanks for post it was a good read.
I would like to note though that business computers are included in that of which have no real use for a decent graphics card.

TouchinMyself

09-24-2011

Quote:
been in it yes, but as far as I knew wasn't pushing hard, thanks for post it was a good read.
I would like to note though that business computers are included in that of which have no real use for a decent graphics card.
What???? Are you serious? they are not pushing hard and have actually LOST a ton of market share over the last 5 years...