MUNDO DPSES AS HE PLEASES! OR: I swear to god if you build warmogs....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

You are wrong. Here's Why:
MUNDO HAS NO CC. TANKS HAVE CC. MUNDO DOES NOT.
Just because some of mundo's abilities aren't benefited or are almost useless in a dps build doesn't magically make them good in a tank build.
Mundo's ultimate is useless if he's getting beat on by more than one person, I.e. WHAT A TANK DOES.
Damage items don't make Machoism useless, machoism becomes EXTRA damage to RAPE people with.

By your logic, mundo isn't a tank, because his starting AD is 57, while shen's is 55, morde's is 54, amumu's is 45(!) cho's is 52, and nasus' is 55.

Face it, you are a bad player, and you should feel bad.

EDIT: i love how you ignore your complete bull**** statement of "And again, his damage output, he can kill a turret from full health solo with no minions and 5 people on the other team pounding on him...and get away afterwards. I don't know how you are doing it wrong on tank mundo, because I end games 4-shotting squishies with over 6k health."

because you're full of **** and you know it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

I also love how you -1 me in a fuitile attempt to win, without even replying. Face it, you're wrong, so just drop it, k?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OatmealCookie

Senior Member

06-03-2010

DPS Mundo can be very frustrating to play in solo queue. If you have a premade team, or even a solo queue team that knows what they're doing, super.

Usually people just yell at you to tank, and as soon as the other team realizes you aren't one of those warmog-stacking mundos, they'll just focus you down, and like you said, the regen means nothing with 5 people targetting you.

I still like Rejuv Beads + 6 hp pots to start, lets me harass all I want until lvl 6, and builds into visage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Goride

Member

06-03-2010

I am certainly not the best Mundo ever, but put me in with those who think Mundo is an off-tank or hybrid tank.


I agree that his skills do not fit in with the normal tanks. But he has extra survivability, escapability, and chasing ability that other straight DPS may not have.

I think Stark's Fevor is a great item on him. The life steal, attack speed, and armor reduction, as well as supporting the team with an aura is great. He does a lot more damage and adds quite a bit of survivability with this.

Last whisperer is good if you find you are able to stay in range and melee. If not, another damage item is good. Trinity Force is nice because of cleaver spam.

After this though, I think he should go with HP, resist, or cooldown items. His skill that adds damage makes sure he keeps his damage up, as well as his cleaver.

Whereas Mord is like a magic damage off-tank, Mundo is like a DPS/off-tank. Both hybrids.

Mundo can stay in a fight and do decent damage, while absorbing quite a bit. When he gets too low, he can run away, regen a few seconds, and come back into the fight.

He is def not a pure tank, and def not a pure dps. He is a mix of both, this is why there is always argument over what he should be played as. The answer, imo, is a little of both.

I typically play tanks or hybrid/off-tanks. I build Rammus and Alistar as pure tanks. With Cho, mainly a tank, but I might pick up a little AP. With Mordekaiser and Singed, I go for more damage output. Again, I don't see Mundo as a pure tank like Rammus or Alistar. I see him more like a Singed or Mordekaiser, both who can tank, but are better off mixing in something else. With those guys it's adding magic damage. With Mundo its adding attackspeed and lifesteal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NessOnett

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
I also love how you -1 me in a fuitile attempt to win, without even replying. Face it, you're wrong, so just drop it, k?
I did reply, you still havent presented a single valid argument. So it isn't worth arguing with you since I already won. And I didn't -1 you, if you notice most of your posts are at -2 and it wasn't by my hand(but if you want me to make em all -3s I will be more than happy to oblige). At least I didn't have to call in every friend I have to get my opposition's posts to -5 like some people *cough.*

edit: sidenote, you have been arguing against your main point repeatedly by stating Morde as an effective tank several times despite him not having CC...not even a slow T_T

And you do realize that this is an american server. To tell someone they are wrong because they have a different idea and to tell them how to think is Nazi-ism and Communism at its highest regard. I have never once said that you are wrong in your build, all I say is that I am right. And you saying something that has been PROVEN again and again to work extremely effectively(most games on Mundo I carried hard) is worthless because you don't like it/are afraid of it/can't make it work for you is just a sad sad pathetic failure. And you having to post three times in a row begging me to come back and argue just proves how unbelievably desperate you are for attention. But you can go ahead and keep thinking you're right, but I'm not gonna stop playing Tank mundo, and I'm not gonna stop raping every DPS Mundo I see, because I've never met one that has done anything for his team or been able to stand up to me 1v1.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
This is NOT a Tank Mundo guide. If you consider playing Mundo as a tank, please go committ sekppuku with a rusty spoon. Seriously. Anyone who disagrees should be shot, Mundo is simply not qualified to be a tank. HP regeneration =/= tanking ability.

I've never met anyone that built Mundo as a pure tank (not that I recall anyway, maybe 6 months ago when I was in newbieland).

Warmog is the #1 most important item for Mundo. You scream about not getting it, but you get Frozen Mallet - an item that trades the insane regen on Warmog, for a slow.... on a champ with a highly spammable slow already.

A good Mundo has to not only hit like a truck, but push you aside like a truck as well. Most people know this. But there are some poor misguided souls out there that think they can gimp his passive, and gimp his ultimate by neglecting HP items, and they'll somehow magically kill everyone on the opposing team, before they bring him down. This is a false hope - anyone who can count the segments in your HP bar will focus you first, because you will rush into them like a madman, and die in the blink of an eye.

Of course, you may just be low ELO, in which case, don't post guides until you get more experience in the game, please. <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
I did reply, you still havent presented a single valid argument. So it isn't worth arguing with you since I already won. And I didn't -1 you, if you notice most of your posts are at -2 and it wasn't by my hand(but if you want me to make em all -3s I will be more than happy to oblige). At least I didn't have to call in every friend I have to get my opposition's posts to -5 like some people *cough.*

edit: sidenote, you have been arguing against your main point repeatedly by stating Morde as an effective tank several times despite him not having CC...not even a slow T_T

And you do realize that this is an american server. To tell someone they are wrong because they have a different idea and to tell them how to think is Nazi-ism and Communism at its highest regard. I have never once said that you are wrong in your build, all I say is that I am right. And you saying something that has been PROVEN again and again to work extremely effectively(most games on Mundo I carried hard) is worthless because you don't like it/are afraid of it/can't make it work for you is just a sad sad pathetic failure. And you having to post three times in a row begging me to come back and argue just proves how unbelievably desperate you are for attention. But you can go ahead and keep thinking you're right, but I'm not gonna stop playing Tank mundo, and I'm not gonna stop raping every DPS Mundo I see, because I've never met one that has done anything for his team or been able to stand up to me 1v1.
I love how you think that just because tank mundo works for you in your obviously garbage ELO(because you can get away with tank mundo) that it'll work for everyone. If tank mundo worked so well, then why is he never used in high ELO matches, much less as a tank?

I don't give a **** if you think that i'm a nazi or a communist, you're using those bull**** comparisons to get other people on your side. The reason I can't get tank mundo to work is because IT NEVER WORKS IN THE FIRST PLACE. It's been proven over and over again in this thread and in others that Tank mundo is garbage. you need to accept this and move on.
Also i only posted twice in a row, don't make **** up.

If you're so confident that tank mundo will beat DPS mundo let's go 1v1, or even 5v5, and I'll show you that dps mundo is miles above Tank mundo's ****tiness.

By the way I don't even know those people who agree with me, and I don't even have a smurf account. Most of my friends don't even read the forums(besides xNecrox) and he only comes on to bump his livestream thread.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
I've never met anyone that built Mundo as a pure tank (not that I recall anyway, maybe 6 months ago when I was in newbieland).

Warmog is the #1 most important item for Mundo. You scream about not getting it, but you get Frozen Mallet - an item that trades the insane regen on Warmog, for a slow.... on a champ with a highly spammable slow already.

A good Mundo has to not only hit like a truck, but push you aside like a truck as well. Most people know this. But there are some poor misguided souls out there that think they can gimp his passive, and gimp his ultimate by neglecting HP items, and they'll somehow magically kill everyone on the opposing team, before they bring him down. This is a false hope - anyone who can count the segments in your HP bar will focus you first, because you will rush into them like a madman, and die in the blink of an eye.

Of course, you may just be low ELO, in which case, don't post guides until you get more experience in the game, please. <3
Warmogs is a horrible item on Mundo. Here's why.
1. It's a VERY inefficient item for its cost( would post the spreadsheet but i can't find it) if you need flat hp or regeneration there are better options
2. frozen mallet provides all of the hp i need, and spirit visage buffs his ultimate more than enough to make up for the HP you would have gotten from Warmogs.
3. Not getting warmogs doesn't gimp his passive, or his ultimate. His ultimate regens a set percentage of his hp, and the percent won't change no matter how much hp he does or doesn't have.
4. the gold and time spent building and charging up warmogs could be used on other items.
3150 gold is ALOT of gold to spend on one item that won't help you as much as boots + starks or some other items could.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carados

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonclaw View Post
Warmog is the #1 most important item for Mundo.
Warmogs is one of the single worst items in the game.

Even if for some reason you're building pure tank on a champion, you shouldn't buy it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reidan

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessOnett View Post
im gonna respond to Pwnacus with the Same level of intelligence as him:

MUNDO IS A TANK! I am right because I said that in allcaps! Only noobs play DPS Mundo(with absolutely no argument to back it up)! And if you disagree with me then you are wrong because I'm always right! BWAAAHHAHHAHHAA ALLCAPS!

But seriously, he has the second best survivability of any character in the game(following Rammus), he has a lot more DPS building full tank than most other tanks, if not more. An offtank isnt supposed to have CC, he's supposed to absorb damage and be able to search and destroy low health targets under turrets and with teammate protection(because he can ignore their CC). And again, his damage output, he can kill a turret from full health solo with no minions and 5 people on the other team pounding on him...and get away afterwards. I don't know how you are doing it wrong on tank mundo, because I end games 4-shotting squishies with over 6k health.
yup, mundo has 2nd best survivability behind rammus, alistar, garen, poppy, sion, singed, shen, jax, tryndamere, and nidalee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

Senior Member

06-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidan View Post
yup, mundo has 2nd best survivability behind rammus, alistar, garen, poppy, sion, singed, shen, jax, tryndamere, and nidalee.
don't forget karthus, svir, ashe, eve, ezreal, twitch, and kassadin. -_-