Champion Balance and Dominion beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

elementfrost

09-21-2011

I found it perfectly balanced (although, i only played one match) in team fights i would dominate, by myself....not so much but yeah i love dominion but the timing sucks balls, i only got to play cause i didnt feel well in the morning

Horuspinker

09-21-2011

i played the full duration to almost 3am my time and i loved every second of it.

however the game could use more defensible towers most of the early game was just solo ninja capping with late game having team fights.

i dont want dominion being about stealing towers i want it to be about epic fights

Hardbody22

09-21-2011

The mobility that powerball offers Rammus makes him a little too strong at capturing and defending points. The EXP boost and lvl 3 start also help him move very quickly into the late game, which I argue has always been his strong point. He may need to be looked at.

Theorycrafter

09-21-2011

How would I counter Blitzcrank or Poppy?
Cannot, in 1v1 anyway.
Both have hefty burst damage, interrupts and high innate survivability.
I'm also a bit worried about Nidalee. The bushes are very omnipresent and she's the queen of the skirmish at the moment.
Tanky Dps are not as strong as I expected, but still very strong compared to, let's say, squishy consistent dps with some exceptions.

Also, while I'm at it, may I say that the power-ups seem very underwhelming? The storm shield could be blasted by 1 person's burst spell and the heal packs are really insignificant - might as well just teleport back to base.

Taisuru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

I only managed to get in 3 games before it went down, so here' my experiences with the champions I played.

Jarvan: Seemed to be pretty strong in this mode, Building him how I usually build him in SR gave the enemy a pretty hard time. (Ended in defeat though)

Garen: Kinda meh, not sure where people are getting he's OP from. Grabbing stormshield with him DOES make him a force to be reckoned with though. (Defeat)

Dunkmaster Yi: SO FAST CAPPING POINTS BEFORE THE ENEMY EVEN KNOWS WHAT THE HELL, SOLO GANKING STRAY SOLO CHAMPS ENDED IN VICTORY AND I WAS 1ST PLACE IN SCORE AWW YEAH COME ON AND SLAM

Overall, Dominion was amazing, and I think it's far too early for us to be calling OP/UP.

CrewzControl

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzenic View Post
zomg

Edit:
So if I'm human, I'll never get to try Dominion?

I woke up this morning to discover, after getting the necessary 9 hours of sleep I usually require, that the first dominion beta window had come and passed not more than 2 hours before I woke up.

Seriously Riot?

I don't even work or anything, I specifically foresaw this when I was conceived in the womb, and consequently wasted my life so I would be unemployed and have no girlfriend to distract me from dominion, and I miss the beta window simply because I had to sleep. Clearly your fault.
8AM is a normal time to wake up.
Or is it?
Am I weird?
o_O

CrewzControl

09-21-2011

Poppy is pretty strong in Dominion.
Can't really be matched 1v1.

Kwisatz Haderach

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSlasher View Post
Poppy is pretty strong in Dominion.
Can't really be matched 1v1.
Good. Let her be that way. She is complete gutter trash in SR where she can't farm worth a "crud" and the terrain is too "darn" spread out.

Baneson

09-21-2011

Key thing to remember is that this is an entirely new style of play from SR. New tactics need to evolve and new builds will need to be researched and when others are saying that this or that champ type is OP/UP after 5 or 6 games it all seems a bit premature to me. In the games I played if some champion was fed/seemed OP avoid him. Kills are not what is going to win you the game! If that OP champ is going for one of your nodes, that means he is not defending some of his teams nodes. Take them! You'd see these sort of tactics all the time in Arathi Basin for WoW and it applies here too. If you saw a great big Fury Warrior with a Druid and Priest healer rolling down your lane all you could really do is delay them while your team tries to take other nodes*. My point is people need to realize that capturing/defending nodes is what is going to win the game in Dominion, but mostly capturing.

*Some of you who play WoW may remember the days when Fury Warriors were OP.

Deielleye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Not to sure how ryze is gonna work in these games he seems a tad underequiped to deal with the constant fighting but that may just be due to the fact that the tear does not have enough time to build up the mana he needs to do damage in such short matches. May not be a bad idea to retool items that build power over time for dominion.