Why Lee Sin is NOT overpowered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeKoIII

09-20-2011

In the hands of very skilled players, who can really abuse his rediculous skill set. Yes he is at least slightly OP. He's my favorite champ, and one of my ranked mains. And even I want him somewhat nerfed.

Being harder to use is not excuse to leave a champion OP. There is almost no reason to pick another assassin while Lee is left the way he is. Other than the fact that he is banned every ranked match I mean. That is at the elo's where people know how to actually abuse his skillset. Not to sound like an elitist, i'm not exactly plat myself. But i'm sure you get my point.

Cruzerthebruzer

09-20-2011

Nerf early game buff late game gg.

High Hand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2011

League of Legends has always been a game of skill. Saying that a champion doesn't deserve to be stronger depending on the difficulty is absolute asinine.

Drediviros

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoholic Dad View Post
League of Legends has always been a game of skill. Saying that a champion doesn't deserve to be stronger depending on the difficulty is absolute asinine.
Yes, but the reward 'higher skill' champs give over the lower skill champs needs to be reasonable. It would be like saying Ezreal's abilities should do 10000 true damage just b/c he has to aim skillshots.

Even for his high skillcap, Lee Sin is too strong.

chumbler

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcoholic Dad View Post
Remember release Ezreal? "But all his skills are skill shots!" didn't work then and it shouldn't work now. Difficulty should have some effect on power, but not a significant one.

VVVV Exactly. High risk should have high reward. Katarina is a good example of high risk, high reward. Orianna before the nerfs is a good example of low risk, high reward. Orianna is more difficult to play than Katarina, but that should not impact whether she is more powerful.

Tyhan

09-21-2011

Even as an avid Ezreal player, I will never understand why people think harder to play champions should be better.

Yes higher risk champions should have more reward, but higher skillcap champions shouldn't. The best players will be able to play these champions perfectly, making them way over the top, which is not a fun balance decision for good players even if it is for terrible players.

Mezzeric

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzerthebruzer View Post
Nerf early game buff late game gg.

Yeah those 2.1 AD ratio's are so terrible.

EzraTwitch

09-21-2011

Lee Sin is NOT hard to use. At least in my mind,
Hard to Use = You **** up you die,
Hard to Use =/= Having a Skill shot

Lee Sin has how may ways to mitigate being a moron.
Dash
Shield
Knockback (With added bonus of knock up)
One of the Highest Base Movespeeds in the game.
Armor Steriod
Spammable slow.

Lee Sin is a little strong right now, To have all that, AND do crazy damage while building almost pure tank, is just too much. He needs a nerf to his base, or his ratios. There is no other way around it. I play Lee Sin, I love Lee Sin, and odds are I will play him after inc. nerfs and have more of a chance to play him because he wont be autopicked/banned every god**** match because fa itce, He is OP status right now.

I would rather have a balanced champ that I get to play regularly then an OP champ that I get to roll with once every twenty games because he is constantly banned/picked by people who are playing him because he is OP not because they have any real skill.

Nawg

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadistic Heart View Post
Lee Sin can solo Akali, theoretically. Therefore, es OP.
A character with skills made to counter champions can kill stealth-based champions? omg op nerf!!!!!!!!