the beta

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

maooo

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarious View Post
I love people who have never written a single line of code in their entire lives complaining about how long it takes to program, prepare, and release a huge update like this into the wilderness that is the internet. You wouldn't be able to make a simple calculator program work in Flash, let alone create an entire program from the ground up in actual programing language. Quit yer bellyaching and beta stress-test with the rest of us when they open up.

class HelloWorldApp {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World!");
}
}

know i can say anything about dominion

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maooo View Post
class HelloWorldApp {
}
}

A little, but do realize that is 5 lines in Java when LoL is millions of lines of code in Adobe Air and lots of animations and other **** that makes it much more complex and trying to handle so many people at the same time with several servers that must communicate efficiently with each other.

Solarious

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by maooo View Post
class HelloWorldApp {
}
}

Nice copy-paste of your high school introductory computer class homework. Or is it something you took out of the handout? I mean, they literally give that out to you on the very first class. Bravo! You are not internet illiterate, but you're still going to fail your english course if you don't learn to capitalize and use punctuation. Or differentiate between know and now. This is seven different flavors of failure.

Unless of course, you secretly do know what in the seven seas you're doing, so you should put in an application to Riot to solve their server architecture problems for them. Because that's easy.

nvmvoidrays

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedKing View Post
lol. But "Shortly" has absolutely no meaning to Riot, so thanks for nothing.
someone said it earlier, but for how dominion is measured - in months - saying shortly could mean a month. that's not that long in retrospect, especially in cooperate and games.

plus, why are you *****ing? you get free content for doing... nothing, but waiting.

OH WOE IS YOU.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotick View Post
Three week later is not shortly....
If we want to get nit-picky...I think 30 days after Pax can still be fairly considered "soon after" I don't think it's fair for us to get the pitch forks until like October 1st.

Shini Laser

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadarok View Post
If we want to get nit-picky...I think 30 days after Pax can still be fairly considered "soon after" I don't think it's fair for us to get the pitch forks until like October 1st.
I say 9th, since that is the end of the convention weekend for me (the one I am planning), and even, the next planned patch is the 4th.

thedoom77

09-17-2011

my body is ready. whenevr it comes out i will not be.

DMGrimdark

09-17-2011

bump bump bump

Nicolas Bourbaki

09-17-2011

Tried to make a thread about this, but a window popped up and wouldn't let me. Instead of putting Dominion up during 'off-peak hours', what about giving every regular player a code that lets them play a single game? Or if that's not feasible, what about unlocking the mode for a couple hundred people, adding more each day as the servers permit? I don't think it's unreasonable to say that any hour is going to become peak as soon as the beta's announced. Either folks are gonna be pissed the only time to play Dominion is when they're physically unable to, or because they stayed up all night for a 30 minute login queue.
I'm no sysadmin, but these methods sound like they would handle load in a much more predictable way, and would cut down QQ on this forum by about half.

hiout

09-17-2011

free food