lack of summons in game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Summons - Creatures or minions conjured with the purpose of following their master's bidding.

Personally, I think there is a lack of summons and summon based heroes in the game.
Currently, the only heroes who are capable of creating summons are Annie, Shaco (although its more of an illusion than a summon), and hermerdinger (but those are turrets and not really creatures). In dota, there was an item that let you create your own summoned units, and there were at least 6-7 heroes who revolve around the concept of controlling minions. Now I know this is LoL and not dota, but the lack of summon based heroes seems to make gameplay less diverse.
I mean, with summons, you can do so much such as farm with them, jungle with them, use them to scout out places, use them as additional dps, use them to push ect. ect. ect.

So why aren't there more heroes who can create powerful creatures on there own?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatersDC

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Um the new champion is going to have minions


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shalmack

Member

05-29-2010

Mordekaiser


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ezreal Senpai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-29-2010

-Shrug.-

I don't think anyone can really answer you, as far as I know, they just haven't gotten around to.

But, the upcoming Malzahar is going to summon a minion whenever he casts 7 spells or so due to his passive. I just wish they'd come up with a Champion like Furion. I loved jungling with him. <3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

metagames

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Because the engine sucks for this sort of thing. Have you tried to deselect your champion? In DotA you can, in LoL you can't... and it's pretty clunky controlling multiple units in LoL.

Then again just wait for Malhazar. Seems like Riot is already working to address your issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TapiocaBall

Senior Member

05-29-2010

We should bring Chen to LoL and have him be capable of controlling Baron.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

noodle0117

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TapiocaBall View Post
We should bring Chen to LoL and have him be capable of controlling Baron.
a chen hero would be nice.
NEED MOAR JUNGLERS!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle0117 View Post
Summons - Creatures or minions conjured with the purpose of following their master's bidding.

Personally, I think there is a lack of summons and summon based heroes in the game.
Currently, the only heroes who are capable of creating summons are Annie, Shaco (although its more of an illusion than a summon), and hermerdinger (but those are turrets and not really creatures). In dota, there was an item that let you create your own summoned units, and there were at least 6-7 heroes who revolve around the concept of controlling minions. Now I know this is LoL and not dota, but the lack of summon based heroes seems to make gameplay less diverse.
I mean, with summons, you can do so much such as farm with them, jungle with them, use them to scout out places, use them as additional dps, use them to push ect. ect. ect.

So why aren't there more heroes who can create powerful creatures on there own?
ITT: Players that die too much wanting more summons.

If you want this game to be about summon battles go play (insert favorite RTS game here)

Keep the summons to a bare minimum otherwise we're going to have crazy summon battles and we'll be back to the whole promote fiasco.

I can see it now: five man premade team: At level 6 everyone uses their summons and soraka heals. GG


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tennex

Senior Member

05-29-2010

0.0 they dont have the tech to do it. right now the summon control system is only good for one summoned creature. it works great for that purpose in mind. but there is really no drag box selection or anything of that sort that is usually present in a RTS.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimensionist

Senior Member

05-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennex View Post
0.0 they dont have the tech to do it. right now the summon control system is only good for one summoned creature. it works great for that purpose in mind. but there is really no drag box selection or anything of that sort that is usually present in a RTS.
That's the way it should be IMHO.