Strongest late game hero?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EcoEco

05-28-2010

OP said, Ignore champions that would endless grow stronger like Sion and Nasus.

I personally think 1 vs 1 end game, Tryn is one of the best. If the enemy have Stun, then Tryn would obviously pop Endless Rage on earlier so he can live through the stun. And once the stun is over, almost anyone against Tryn would die. Considering he can hit 1k+ per hit and any damage you deal to him = 0. Sure you can kill him afterwards from poison or damage over time abilities. But Tryn usually grabs a Cleanse for that. Also Ashe is someone that can probably kill Tryn if Tryn did not have Cleanse. I think it was 3 seconds or so stun. Thats pretty **** long. Half of his Ulti. Ashe that runs and slow Tryn, she does have potential of killing Tryn.

Trist also have potential of killing Tryn. Use her Ulti and throw him away from you see his Ulti. Jump away when he comes back. He's ulti is over. Trist can kill Tryn easily.

These are 1 vs 1 situations. But even in a team fight. Trist that throw Tryn away after his Ulti is on will waste away his Endless Rage.

That being said, Tryn definitely have champions that can counter against him. But he's definitely one of the best end game champions with a decent team. Almost always 2-3 hit any carry or squishies. Tanks he would take a bit more time but Last Whisper + Infinity Edge + Phantom Dancer usually remove that problem.

Twitch is definitely a good end game champion as well. But people would counter Twitch with Oracle and Wards if needed. Yes wards, at end game where any champion's death = losing the game. People with extra gold WILL ward the map. I had a game that went 70+ mins we were warding the whole jungle on our side to pick off enemy champions. Sure it costed a lot but we weren't doing anything with the extra gold (especially our carry who maxed out his/her items). With a map that is warded and oracle. Twitch's element of surprise is gone. So if he is near, everyone would be ready for him and save something to counter him. Twitch is not Tryn. He will die fast, Tryn will last 6 seconds at least and deal massive damage.

Again this is just my opinion.

Chisle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

For a late game super carry I would say an AP Cho. He has an enormous amount of health does almost absurd damage with his two CC's and cleaves the entire team. he walks up alone to five slows and silences eats one of us and then auto attacks until we run away, his team shows or his abilities cool.

I'be been playing an AP Katarina recently by the 35 min mark a team fight means I have no cooldowns because my shunpo crushes squishies with a lichbane.

anuviel

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisle View Post
I'be been playing an AP Katarina recently by the 35 min mark a team fight means I have no cooldowns because my shunpo crushes squishies with a lichbane.
Yea you wont even be helpful at late game, unless there is lots of squishy champs.

Communist Prime

05-28-2010

Veigar if he has been farming hes just gonna be one hitting people with his ulti.

peyo

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoEco View Post
Also Ashe is someone that can probably kill Tryn if Tryn did not have Cleanse. I think it was 3 seconds or so stun. Thats pretty **** long. Half of his Ulti. Ashe that runs and slow Tryn, she does have potential of killing Tryn.
Ashe has to be far far away to get a lonng stun (up to 3,5sec)

When she's in attack range, the stun duration is like 1s.

FLUFFAY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souchie View Post
Most squishies twitch included are mid / end game no more then 2 or 3 hits..

He can last hit very well especially if you have a tryn with a good amount of run speed. And if tryn runs faster then you the whirlwind can and will hit you or at least keep him within range of you. Combine that with mocking shout and you're not going anywhere.

He actually starts off with a quite a bit of life quite a bit more then most sqishies. And a long cooldown? since last patch it what 1 minute or so without cooldown items. So yes it is usually available and even if things go wrong he can exit pretty easily whirlwind out and run to safety. You, and a lot of other people forget about the 2nd effect of mocking shout. Besides slow mocking shout also lowers your damage regardless if you have your back turned or not.

cleanse > whirlwind > mocking shout > crit > 450gold.

Especially after the new patch where he can activate his ulti even when disabled he won't be out of any game any time soon.

Sadly, this is wrong. I have seen only one or two good Tryndemere's ever. Most make either a tank build (useless) others make avericeblades (stop doing that.. its sad >_<) or simply don't know how to use their skills well.

Twitch and Yi both die in less then 5 hits end game to a tryn. Tryn's hit many times harder then a Yi or a Twitch especially twitch will very likely die in two hits or get one shot by a good crit.

And if you wonder, yes this is all based on players lvl 30.

*******http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/715/tryn.png********

rofl are u kidding? I build yi with dmg and crit, I can get him 350+ dmg and 70+ crit chance easily. You combine that with his ulti, you alpha strike to tyrn, attack him the 5 times in the 2 seconds you need and hes dead since you can also have AP on him. It's done for, there's no time to respond to yi or twitch if they're built right no matter the hero because they use stealth and attack speed like crazy

peyo

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUFFAY View Post
rofl are u kidding? I build yi with dmg and crit, I can get him 350+ dmg and 70+ crit chance easily. You combine that with his ulti, you alpha strike to tyrn, attack him the 5 times in the 2 seconds you need and hes dead since you can also have AP on him. It's done for, there's no time to respond to yi or twitch if they're built right no matter the hero because they use stealth and attack speed like crazy
ok so you Alpha strike to Trynd, hit him once, twice, 3rd time, he uses ulti and he's alive for 6s... don't tell me that you're going to survive these 6seconds...

Codeman1

05-28-2010

This is dum. Any champ can be the strongest late game its just whoever gets fed.

Morinav

05-28-2010

Gangplank? Really? Multiple people have said Gangplank?

Jesus christ.

Ok, so he can do a crit for 1200 damage once every 6 seconds, presuming it doesn't get dodged, absorbed by a spellshield/banshee's, or nullified by high armor.

Tryndamere can do like 800-1200 damage and have a ~1.75 attack speed.

What's that? Gangplank can do it at range?

Step 1) Play Tryndamere
Step 2) Stand at max range of Gangplank's Parrrrlay from an enemy.
Step 3) Use spinning slash toward the target.

Congrats! You effectively hurled a fistful of raging barbarian at the enemy that's beating people in the face with Parrrrrrrlay caliber attacks almost twice per second.

I will agree that Twitch can wreck a team if he's properly positioned and doesn't get focused instantly. Tryndamere at least has 6 seconds of guaranteed life where he can run around and beat people to a bloody pulp. Saying that Trynd can't compete with Twitch because the enemy team will just chain CC Trynd during his ult is a worthless counter-argument. How would Twitch be any better in that situation? He'd get chain CC'ed and burned down even faster than Tryndamere.

Ideal scenario: Twitch wins.
Realistic scenario: A tossup. If Twitch can survive long enough, he'll be a wrecking ball. Trynd is much more likely to survive long enough to actually do something. Trynd wins any 1v1 fight hands down, though.

EcoEco

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
Ashe has to be far far away to get a lonng stun (up to 3,5sec)

When she's in attack range, the stun duration is like 1s.
Isn't that in the new patch?

But that doesn't really matter

If I was Ashe, I wouldn't even use her Stun when Tryn is far away. I'll use it in his face when he Ulti. If he's in my face and didn't ulti then it means that he lost at leaest 50% of his health. I'll use my Stun anyways and finish him off. The thing is, Tryn's ulti doesn't stop him from losing health only stops him from dying. So if Tryn was ranged, getting at least 2 hits on him would wipe half his health. Tryn is squishy from early to end. The only thing that keeps him alive is his ulti. Ashe might not be a crit freak like Tryn. But if they just a 1 on 1 battle. It means Ashe charged up her passive. The next hit would probably be a critical. Thats basically taking a critical hit from Tryn himself. At least hitting 700. So yeah. in ideal situations. Ashe can definitely win against Tryn. It doesn't matter if Tryn is ranged or not. If he is, spam volley and attack in range. If he's in melee. Stun and run away if his ulti is on and slow again. If his ulti is off, finish him. If he spins forward, run. Though none of this can occur with Tryn have Cleanse.

Main thing is, Tryn with Cleanse = no fear of anyone or anything (almost).