The new tab scoreboard is too big.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ramza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayven View Post
Not sure if srs. What resolution are you running?
It's definitely smaller than the old one was at 1920x1200 and 2560x1600. Looks about the same (small) size at 6160x1200 as well.

The old scoreboard was generally about the same portion of the screen on my laptop and home computer, and from what I'm hearing about people with monitors from 10 years ago it was fine then too.

If the new one is way too huge for them, but smaller than it was at higher resolutions, is it just a flat hardcoded size and doesn't scale at all?

And on the note of persistent window locations, that would be great. The shop always defaults to off-center and overlapping most of the bottom HUD for me, and while it takes like 1.5 seconds every game to move it it's just annoying.

Rayven

UX Designer

09-01-2011
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasche View Post
I liked the previous one with the "towers destroyed" count, but I feel it would be nice to have this categorized by team so we don't have to physically look at the mini map and count the buildings destroyed.
What's the value of that stat in game? Consider, even strong pushers frequently miss the last tower hit to minions and don't get awarded the stat.

Team towers killed, like in the spectator HUD, seems much more relevant, but even that can be quickly viewed on the minimap.

Phat Pat

09-01-2011

Quote:
Not sure if srs. What resolution are you running?

EDIT:
Yes, we are making it a little more transparent as well.

To those who prefer the old scoreboard, "just because" doesn't help us understand the problems you have with the new one. Please think and post about things like:

Legibility of text/icons
- Size, color, font, icon borders

Readability/ease of use
- Placement of data, proximity to other info
- "I can't find "X" as easily as I used to"
- Menu size, placement, usage

Features
- "I miss X removed feature because..."
- "I wish X feature had been added because..."

thanks!
I like how big it is and the ease of seeing information. I hate how you add features with 0 customizable features. We should be able to scale certain parts of the HUD.

Obligation

09-01-2011

Will the issue of holding tab (Having the Score screen up) while dragging your mouse Without it being over the score screen causing it to get dragged around as well be fixed?

its quite annoying when your trying to see the score and move your champion around

Hedgepig

09-01-2011

I'd prefer to have the information arranged so that on the left are things that never change, and on the right things that change frequently.

For instance, If it went Icon, Name, Summoner Spells, Level, Items, KDR, CS, Death timer. that would be ideal. The location of the death timer is really the only thing I care about over there and is far way from other things I care bout. Its also hard to see due to its proximity to other elements, and lack of some sort of border or delineating item.

Also, a general increase in spacing for elements would be good. Summoner spells are icon information and are jammed right up against the items. Death timers are numeric info and are jammed up against other text and numbers. This makes it hard to quickly scan. Needs more precise columns.

I'd like to see a team gold and team tower stat, or a respawn for inhibs listed somewhere up near the top.

Pangurassu

09-01-2011

Quote:
What's the value of that stat in game? Consider, even strong pushers frequently miss the last tower hit to minions and don't get awarded the stat.

Team towers killed, like in the spectator HUD, seems much more relevant, but even that can be quickly viewed on the minimap.
I'm actually not super-concerned about seeing the tower-kill stat in the tab menu, but I could see a reason for being helpful to watch in-game, for the enemy team. If Yi has killed three turrets, then a tower kill stat would be a helpful reminder saying "HEY, KEEP AN EYE ON THAT YI" every time you press tab. But I'll also easily concede that the same effect can be accomplished by paying attention to the minimap/announcement on tower kills, and generally being aware of who's a strong pusher/backdoor. This is a more helpful stat for beginners.

My actual beef with the current scoreboard has to do with its drag/reposition function. I can see how it'd be useful to reposition it on the screen, even though I don't personally need it. The problem comes from how it doesn't matter where you click on-screen, if you move your mouse (for example, if I click and drag my camera around on the minimap) while holding tab the stat screen will slide around, and maybe go completely offscreen. If you don't realize that it's happening, you can lose the stat screen entirely and not realize how to get it back.

Would it be possible to change the reposition feature so that it only moves if you click/drag the actual stat window?

TPick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-01-2011

[QUOTE=Hedgepig;13818356
I'd like to see a team gold and team tower stat, or a respawn for inhibs listed somewhere up near the top.[/QUOTE]

I definitely support a team gold stat somewhere on the score screen. Not so much for inhib times. Knowing the inhib spawn timer and being ready to capitalize on it falls in the same line as baron spawn/respawn timer.

3v3ryone

09-01-2011

I miss champion death timer on the right side, it was much more visible for me.

Controlled By Me

09-01-2011

I personally feel the champion images are way too small. You should be able to see who's stats you're looking at without looking to the left to see the actual champion image, if that makes sense...

Also, I don't think a team gold stat is a good idea; it would work too discouraging if the difference is big. It would be best not to show that IMO.

Hedgepig

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Controlled By Me View Post
I personally feel the champion images are way too small. You should be able to see who's stats you're looking at without looking to the left to see the actual champion image, if that makes sense...

Also, I don't think a team gold stat is a good idea; it would work too discouraging if the difference is big. It would be best not to show that IMO.
We already have CS and KDR and team KDR. If you arent disheartened by that, I dont see how team gold could make a difference. Furthermore, due to death values diminishing, the gold difference would frequently be closer than the kill score.

I just think seeing it would show folks how important dragon and baron are. And a nice way of knowing that even if you dont have a lot of kills, your assists and CS are keeping you up with the other team. It would also help encourage pushing in pubs. You could see if you were starting to fall behind in gold and arrange for your team to push a lane and get a tower.