[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunKx

05-21-2010

i've recently revisted tryndamere in TT and i find him absolutely amazing.
i personally like building crit first, since his damage comes from criticals. bloodlust gives added crit damage, as well as attack damage and the lower the hp the higher the critical. thus i like to stack critical until approximately 60% (including runes/masteries and such) then i'll dive into AD, with the occasional stop in ASville with last whipser.
basically i like to build zerker greaves (if ninja tabi/merc treads are not necessary) avarice blade, cloak of agi, zeal, then work towards infinity edge. once i do i'll get last whisper or build youmuu's. from there i'll go bloodthirster but when i need a slot free i'll upgrade to phantom dancer.
i like to end up with zerker greaves, youmuus ghostblade, infinity edge, phantom dancer, bloodthirster last whisper. with this your crit chance is near 100% (easily 100 at half life or so) with 2+ attack speed when ghostblade is active, and 360+ attack damage. i actually played a game earlier where i finished this build on TT (game lasted 47 minutes) and i was criting for near 1200 damage, and 2 hit teemo. attack speed is a great accessory with high attack damage and critical just because you can get 2-3 hits off before they can even walk around you.

i realize attack speed isn't the most helpful thing when your targets are always running, but it isn't always the case. plus these items all give other essential things, so i do not get only pure attack speed items. last whisper is the highest DPS item you can get, we can all agree...phantom gives great amount of critical (highest in game) and youmuu's gives more penetration plus damage/critical with a speed boost and attack speed active...so it fits very well.
you'll also VERY quickly fill up bloodthirster since you'll 1 hit every minion in the game.

i do agree trynd can be decent in the lane. you're right he won't dominate, but its easy enough to not die thus not harming your team. you will be able to last hit fine, and with a decent lane mate you'll even get a couple of kills especially if you use elixirs. i personally love elixir of agility early TT and use it almost constantly until i am working or finishing infinity edge. it just adds so much DPS with crits and attack speed and allows you to jungle if you're lane is difficult. i have a new found love for this champ

tannerface

05-21-2010

Have you ever tried solo mid with tryndamere? I used to main him when I was leveling up. He is rather amazing solo mid. He only has trouble with teemo, cause of blind shot. That is not to say he can't kill him once you have your ult up. Also the OP is right in that the jungle is a tool. For trynd it is a close to lane spawn pool in which to heal. Once BL is high enough level you can use the wraiths to stay in lane indefinitly. Spin through kill wraiths spin out. This is how you solo with him against people who can harrass you like ryze. Also as for phantom dancer, for me it is for the move speed not the crit/atkspd. On the rune page thing, I havn't played trynd in a while cause once I got to lvl 30 and had a full win profile with trynd I started getting raped, maybe I went up in elo? Anyway I noticed that having just crit chance marks will make a huge difference in trynd's early game. It really allows you to stay in your lane forever.

Bitterz

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannerface View Post
Have you ever tried solo mid with tryndamere? I used to main him when I was leveling up. He is rather amazing solo mid. He only has trouble with teemo, cause of blind shot. That is not to say he can't kill him once you have your ult up. Also the OP is right in that the jungle is a tool. For trynd it is a close to lane spawn pool in which to heal. Once BL is high enough level you can use the wraiths to stay in lane indefinitly. Spin through kill wraiths spin out. This is how you solo with him against people who can harrass you like ryze. Also as for phantom dancer, for me it is for the move speed not the crit/atkspd. On the rune page thing, I havn't played trynd in a while cause once I got to lvl 30 and had a full win profile with trynd I started getting raped, maybe I went up in elo? Anyway I noticed that having just crit chance marks will make a huge difference in trynd's early game. It really allows you to stay in your lane forever.
I solo mid frequently against TFs. It's always entertaining when they troll me early game with "loltryn" only to get facerolled before I even hit 6. Solo mid is doable against certain champs, and is hugely beneficial to your team when you can pull it off.

I like to get Phantom Dancer in games where I also pick up Ninja Tabi... All the dodge makes you even more survivable before, during, and after your ult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunKx
i personally like building crit first, since his damage comes from criticals.
I promise you, you get more than enough crit by glyphing for it.

Josh Penney

05-22-2010

i build the barbarian in a way that i find to work very well. Keep in mind that i have a general dps runebook, not some crazy critbook

red - armor pen
yellow - dodge
blue - cooldowns
quints - hp

i go R > Q > W > E , with 1 point in E early on

For items i go:

1. brawler's gloves , 2xhp (makes zeal later)
2. cloak of agility (this establishes our crit base early without whasting money on items like avarice blades)
3. boots 1 (upgrade to merc / tabi whenever i see fit)
4. infinity edge
5. Zeal (could get this later but i enjoy the move speed right about now)
6. last whisper
-------------------

bloodthirsters usually if it gets past that far or upgrade to phantom.

ThreeLittleBirds

05-22-2010

Here's my build. I think its my best one so far, has worked better than my previous which is practically the same as yours.

Avarice->ghost blade (3rd item)
Avarice->sell it and get a guardian angel (4th item)
Berserker-> sell it and get mercury
Zeal->phantom (2nd item)
Zeal->sell it and get a blood thirster (5th item)
Bf sword->Infinity edge (1st item)

works well, plenty of crit chance (i dont use any crit runes), plenty of run/attack speed. Make sure you pile up the cash. Trust me, i played over 400 times with trynd, this one works. AGAIN, make sure u kill everything you see and get as much cash as possible, then BOOM, kill the other team and win.

Bitterz

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Here's my build. I think its my best one so far, has worked better than my previous which is practically the same as yours.

Avarice->ghost blade (3rd item)
Avarice->sell it and get a guardian angel (4th item)
Berserker-> sell it and get mercury
Zeal->phantom (2nd item)
Zeal->sell it and get a blood thirster (5th item)
Bf sword->Infinity edge (1st item)

works well, plenty of crit chance (i dont use any crit runes), plenty of run/attack speed. Make sure you pile up the cash. Trust me, i played over 400 times with trynd, this one works. AGAIN, make sure u kill everything you see and get as much cash as possible, then BOOM, kill the other team and win.
The way you've arranged this post confuses me. You're saying build this way?

1.) IE
2.) PD
3.) Ghostblade
4.) GA

With boots mixed in?

If so, thumbs up =D

Bitterz

05-23-2010

Lots of updates: Added some important questions from throughout the thread to the first post. Made some formatting adjustments, hopefully making the guide easier to read. Added a section on farming through each stage of the game, and added some detail on late game equipment choices.

Teekink

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrender View Post
i build the barbarian in a way that i find to work very well. Keep in mind that i have a general dps runebook, not some crazy critbook

red - armor pen
yellow - dodge
blue - cooldowns
quints - hp

i go R > Q > W > E , with 1 point in E early on

For items i go:

1. brawler's gloves , 2xhp (makes zeal later)
2. cloak of agility (this establishes our crit base early without whasting money on items like avarice blades)
3. boots 1 (upgrade to merc / tabi whenever i see fit)
4. infinity edge
5. Zeal (could get this later but i enjoy the move speed right about now)
6. last whisper
-------------------

bloodthirsters usually if it gets past that far or upgrade to phantom.
That's an O.K. rune page for tryndamere. Keep in mind, however, that tryndamere benefits from a full crit chance page more than any other champion benefits from any kind of page. If you want to main him, get crit chance.

Also, replace zeal with ghostblade (grab the avarice blade asap), and use it during his ult.

peyo

05-23-2010

nice edit :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitterz View Post

Some Notes on Playing Tryn
I'd add 1 more thing. Learning to use Mocking Shout. It's GREAT skill to save your friends. Whenever you see your ally/allies being chased by enemies and you know that you can't kill them, help your friends with escaping. You can either hide in brushes nearby, behind some wall or just get closer. The description on it is a bit wrong. It slows enemies that are not face to face with you. They'll get slowed when they are sideways to you as well. And you shouldn't have problems escaping yourself, as Trynd is really hard to chase.

KiIlerbee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-23-2010

I main trynd too, he's coming close to topping Kat on my main list. One misconception is that once his ult is done after a team fight he's vulnerable.. WRONG. TRYND IS BAD*** and will rape anyone in his way w/ lifesteal and his bloodlust at 1HP, if your the type to be scared and run at 1hp after ult (unless ur ignited or some other dot-like ability or the opponent still ahs a full mana bar) than you're playing the champ wrong!