katarina...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shillen

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregan View Post
making her weaker for something so trivial as a mana cost isnt really the best of trade-offs. it doesnt really make her a "new kind of character", more like "a new kind of failure of imagination" like no direct offense to riot on that, but i am vastly underwhelmed with, and disappointed in, her.
Would be great if you had reading comprehension. They didn't make her weaker. They made her abilities weaker. But since they can be spammed indefinitely she is a strong champion.

Karrot

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillen View Post
Would be great if you had reading comprehension. They didn't make her weaker. They made her abilities weaker. But since they can be spammed indefinitely she is a strong champion.
Agreed, this explains it nicely. I've seen a lot of bad katarinas, and a fair number of good ones. Only one great one so far.

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Agreed, this explains it nicely. I've seen a lot of bad katarinas, and a fair number of good ones. Only one great one so far.
Was I the great one?

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
yeah the great one was prob me when i had 26/8/10.

Ashaira

Adjudicator

09-20-2009

p.s. if u go ap boots and 5 rilays u can pawn rape whole teams at once

SilverSoultaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
yeah the great one was prob me when i had 26/8/10.
nice I've had a few games like that. I had one yesterday where I ended up 27-2-0 with my allies having 0 kills and 0 assists combigned... not a fun game. Also, check my thread on the Adjudicator forums please.

Lockedbob

09-20-2009

I have only one thing I cannot comprehend. Why does her blink have a cooldown of 5 seconds? You basically cannot catch her unless you have a stunner AND enough damage to bring her down quick. That would be nice but since after you stun her you need to get in range to kill her she can then cast ulti and pretty much own you. This occured last night when 3 heroes were chasing her one of which was sion and after stunning her he got in range fast enough for the stun to wear off and naturally she started casting ulti and finished off all 3 of them. Need I say the chasers were Sion, master Yi and Nunu. They didn't have time to kill her because after the ulti was done they were on the floor. She was AP based with Rilay's scepter, Medjai soulstealer and so on gathering over 350 AP. Now I understand her skills should cost mana and they are "fairly weak" but the blink and the ultimate are enough to kill any hero that doesn't own a stun. How is it normal to have such a low cooldown on her blink? She's the new flavour of the month hero...

eX1s7

09-20-2009

there is nothing wrong with this charr if u get the hang of it; since she's out i am owning with her every single game, so yes she is pretty nice addition

Lockedbob

09-20-2009

And you find that normal?... I mean I see raging threads about corki being way too op because people can't kill him with ashe like that's a standard... Ashe is supposed to single own any champion yet everyone seems to see Katarina as normal although Corki requires a bit more skill to beat people with. If 90% of the people play with Ashe even though she is strong I never see a thread that states she should be nerfed and same goes for Katarina. How are tanks viable against such powerhouses? If I'm Mundo for example how am I supposed to beat Katarina which simply blinks out and facerolls me with her ultimate? I don't see why Riot keeps implementing heroes that do not have the same returns for their skill requirement amount. Take tryndamere for example and compare him with katarina. He doesn't have her mobility because his spinning thingie doesn't work if you try casting it and there's an obstacle(e.g.: tower in front of you). His skills need more brains and proper management of times and HP bar to be useful and you don't get the same return as playing Ashe for example. She has permaslow while Tryndamere has to cast a spell while the opponent is facing away from you(like they'd ever do that). I'm not a noob by any chance nor am I a godlike player but I have a problem with the way heroes are designed. Agi-type carries are so simple to simply right click with and have better returns than Dr. Mundo or Alistar type of heroes. Yes I know they can tank but you try tanking for your team when the opposing carry has over 15 kills and nukes you out in less than 5 seconds even though you're more than fairly geared up. Not to mention the only damage item a tank can grab that allows him to be "feared" is thornmail which guess what: does not stack with itself so you can actually return a decent amount of damage.

SilverSoultaker

Emissary of the League

09-20-2009

@Lockedbob

Katarina is easy to deal with. As she normally skirts around at 50% health, having a warwick or a teemo on your team can greatly weaken her through the early game preventing her from ganking. This transfers into her being much weeker later. If you don't have either of those champions you can generally beat her by staying in at least groups of 2, and tower hugging or being in a group of three. As long as those groups have a stunner or a good slow she will not be able to gank you, again causing her to end up being late. She is able to last hit very well in the lane, but if you can get a good pusher agaisnt her she suddenly loses all of her laning prowess again ruining her entire game.