What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSarge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2010

yeah, don't understand how there are 2 ashes on the field at the same time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarpati

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSarge View Post
yeah, don't understand how there are 2 ashes on the field at the same time.
Why does the big dragon at the end of the dungeon in MMOs die thousands of times?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-21-2010
5 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpati View Post
That makes a lot more sense, but it doesn't cover the Kayle vs Morgana dispute. Are they bound by the League's magic even when not in the League?
Absolutely. The act of summoning is a highly powerful magical rite. It allows diametric opposites to even share a side in combat. Once a champion is called upon by a summoner of the League, nothing else matters. A champion's service in a battle arena keeps the world safe, lest rampant magical abuse bring it to the brink of destruction once again.

Petty personal squabbles between champions are irrelevant when compared to what the world faced before the onset of the League.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarpati

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
Absolutely. The act of summoning is a highly powerful magical rite. It allows diametric opposites to even share a side in combat. Once a champion is called upon by a summoner of the League, nothing else matters. A champion's service in a battle arena keeps the world safe, lest rampant magical abuse bring it to the brink of destruction once again.

Petty personal squabbles between champions are irrelevant when compared to what the world faced before the onset of the League.
That's not what I meant. I mean, the League's magic keeps them from permanently dying. If they were to fight outside of the League, could they die?

Morgana's lore specifically states that she wants to defeat Kayle before returning home. I see that as a pretty big goal that transcends the survival of a world she doesn't belong to. And I understand how she's bound by the League's rules while in it. But how about outside?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selladoran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinkey View Post
I did.
So you "pegged" her eh?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Konphujun

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisEndsNow View Post
I wonder what the summoners are arguing over?

*I WANT THE LAST COOKIE*
* NO ITS MINE*
*LETS SETTEL THIS ON THE FEILD OF JUSTICE*

....
I've always thought that chocolate milk shooting out of someone's nose was all Hollywood movie magic. You sir, have proven me wrong. +1000000000000

EDIT: But you owe me a new keyboard. Seriously.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calcabrina

Senior Member

05-21-2010

epic plan of epic victory-
initiate a large summoner battle
get all the top tier champs summoned
invade your enemy with a conventional army while their strongest soldiers are wasting their time in the League
/gg scrubs


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
Absolutely. The act of summoning is a highly powerful magical rite. It allows diametric opposites to even share a side in combat. Once a champion is called upon by a summoner of the League, nothing else matters. A champion's service in a battle arena keeps the world safe, lest rampant magical abuse bring it to the brink of destruction once again.

Petty personal squabbles between champions are irrelevant when compared to what the world faced before the onset of the League.
You still haven't answered a very important question.

How can there be an Ashe on both sides at once?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-21-2010
6 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarpati View Post
That's not what I meant. I mean, the League's magic keeps them from permanently dying. If they were to fight outside of the League, could they die?
In a word: yes.

It is the power of the nexus - shaped by the League's most powerful magicians - which allows a champion to resurrect countless times in a battle arena. Were Kayle and Morgana to square off outside a Field of Justice in a battle to the death, that death would be real.

A real death, however, isn't necessarily a permanent one. Runeterra virtually overflows with raw magical power. A rite of resurrection requires a magician of notable potency to execute, though enough know how to perform this rite that performing it isn't an uncommon act. Necromancy - another means of bringing back a fallen individual - takes a lot less effort and can yield "similar" results.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
In a word: yes.

It is the power of the nexus - shaped by the League's most powerful magicians - which allows a champion to resurrect countless times in a battle arena. Were Kayle and Morgana to square off outside a Field of Justice in a battle to the death, that death would be real.

A real death, however, isn't necessarily a permanent one. Runeterra virtually overflows with raw magical power. A rite of resurrection requires a magician of notable potency to execute, though enough know how to perform this rite that performing it isn't an uncommon act. Necromancy - another means of bringing back a fallen individual - takes a lot less effort and can yield "similar" results.
Is this a possible hint for the return of urf?
>_>