What are champions doing when they're not fighting in the League of Legends?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotBabagahnoosh

Creative Designer

Follow babagahnoosh on Twitter

05-21-2010
4 of 25 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
D:
i've been living a lie!
Perhaps that's what you'd like to do when you retire. Rest assured, though - you spend much time kicking ass in the name of Bandle City. For the Mother Ship!

Zack1996

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babagahnoosh View Post
When the call for service to a summoner comes, however, every champion is bound by the following fact: they are ready, willing, and able to assist the summoner who calls upon them in a Field of Justice. The very power of the League - and the fragile tranquility of Runeterra - depends on this.

After this, the champions are whisked back to wherever they were before the summoning.
Imagine if the champions were caught off guard.

If I were a champion, I'll never take a shower. Ever.

Bluebolt77

05-21-2010

Quote:
The hell she does.
My new favorite red.

K D Bonez

05-21-2010

Quote:
If you were a champion - a legendary figure that is a hero to some and a villain to others - what would you be doing with your time?

Each champion has their own unique set of circumstances that are independent of the League. Some champions are more closely tied to the League than others. Cho'Gath, for example, doesn't spend much time chilling at the Institute of War; Ryze, in contrast, spends a good chunk of his time at the Institute, honing his magical prowess within the Institute's vast arcane library. Some champions have a very busy schedule that is completely independent of the League. Teemo is quite busy scouting the wilds around Bandle City, keeping it safe from intruders.

TLDR: All champions have lives independent of their time in service to a summoner.

When the call for service to a summoner comes, however, every champion is bound by the following fact: they are ready, willing, and able to assist the summoner who calls upon them in a Field of Justice. The very power of the League - and the fragile tranquility of Runeterra - depends on this.

After this, the champions are whisked back to wherever they were before the summoning.
As a person who loves Lore, i want to personally thank you for answering this. Not to mention i'm sure there are a bunch of LoL Fan Comics/Stories that will prosper because of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Tristana has a house in the country with 33 cats and a vegetable garden.

Can we have a Kitty Tristana Skin if she does?

iSarge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

i'm thinking ashe and katarina share the same job, main acts at their local stripclub.

Sarpati

05-21-2010

That makes a lot more sense, but it doesn't cover the Kayle vs Morgana dispute. Are they bound by the League's magic even when not in the League?

Rezialn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-21-2010

Quote:
If you were a champion - a legendary figure that is a hero to some and a villain to others - what would you be doing with your time?

Each champion has their own unique set of circumstances that are independent of the League. Some champions are more closely tied to the League than others. Cho'Gath, for example, doesn't spend much time chilling at the Institute of War; Ryze, in contrast, spends a good chunk of his time at the Institute, honing his magical prowess within the Institute's vast arcane library. Some champions have a very busy schedule that is completely independent of the League. Teemo is quite busy scouting the wilds around Bandle City, keeping it safe from intruders.

TLDR: All champions have lives independent of their time in service to a summoner.

How is it that the same champion is summoned simultaneously between two summoners?

ThisEndsNow

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinWC View Post
so the summoners from the different factions can settle arguments .
I wonder what the summoners are arguing over?

*I WANT THE LAST COOKIE*
* NO ITS MINE*
*LETS SETTEL THIS ON THE FEILD OF JUSTICE*

Ingriz

Recruiter

05-21-2010

Quote:

IMO this is the same thing that happens in pokemon

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSarge View Post
i'm thinking ashe and katarina share the same job, main acts at their local stripclub.
=/ that'd be eve and taric
have you ever tried googling taric?
*disclaimer: i am not responsible for any mental or physical scarring that may occur afterwards

... yeah