[Request] Developer API

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Toys

07-28-2011

I'm going to necro bump this thread because I also would like to see a public API made available.

Personally, I would just want things like -

• Champion List - with thumbnail, skins, skills, etc
  • Item List
  • Summoner Information (Level, Ranking, Match History, etc)
  • Leader Boards

LiegeWaffles

07-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasir View Post
I'm going to necro bump this thread because I also would like to see a public API made available.
Ask the people of http://www.lolstatistics.com how they have done things?

Thakk0

08-28-2011

Currently, the only way to search statistics (player statistics) is to repeatedly search for summoners by name via the summoned search (as far as I can tell). Not sure how much the server would appreciate so many requests coming from one client, however.

I'd be more interested in exposing the following data for purposes of theorycrafting apps:
Champ data:
-Base stats, stats per level
-Abilities and ability stats per level (inc bonus % from AP/AD/etc)
-items, item data
-masteries/stats
-runes/stats
Other nice to haves:
-rss feeds for individual summoner match history, ladder info, news, etc

Honestly, any kind of service that is easy to consume that exposes lots of raw data (let the community figure out how to use it) would be great.

I imagine this is a low priority, as its difficult to quantify monetary worth vs the cost of resources it would take to implement, but it would be nice to hear if it was even on the table.

Or any chance we get a lolarmory.com any time soon?

jlouts

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

If all you want to get is champion/item/etc stats you could probably scrape http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com for information. It seems to stay pretty up to date and has a pretty standard format for their pages.

Thakk0

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlouts View Post
If all you want to get is champion/item/etc stats you could probably scrape http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com for information. It seems to stay pretty up to date and has a pretty standard format for their pages.
For that matter, I could scrape mobafire or leaguecraft, but that comes with complications. Any of these sites could change their content or format or otherwise do something to break whatever I'm doing. Also I would be relying on a 3rd party to keep their content up to date and it would require permission from the third party to leech content.

I mean, all of that is possible, its just less than ideal. Ideally, I'd like to get the data straight from the source.

BBJames

10-25-2012

I would like to see this as well because I would like to include a page on our clan's website for our league players. I want to be able to list all our players, with their stats in one location. This would be a great thing to have. Please implement an API !!!!

Tom BombadiI

10-25-2012

I think this would be a fantastic idea! I hope Riot acts on it.

Just imagine you leave the house to go hang out with a friend...

"Hey dude, just got my first penta in ranked! It was as Katarina, check it out!" *hands phone over* "Whoa your match history looks great man seems like you're really mastering Kat! Dang 10 wins in a row! What runes/masteries do you run on her?" "See for yourself.." *slides touchscreen*

BBJames

11-02-2012

not even a response from RIOT on whether or not they may do this.

coldnebo

02-09-2013

I've been writing a simple data analytics framework called 'data_hut'. One of my more 'ambitious' (and fun!) examples of how to use it involves scraping data and then coming up with analytic models (i.e. 'nuke_index' and such).

https://github.com/coldnebo/data_hut...itious-example

My example scrapes riot, but you could just as easily scrape wikia instead.

It wouldn't be too hard to use this approach to generate a JSON block that could be posted somewhere like github for everyone to use (no sense in everyone scraping riot and I'm definitely not suggesting that).

I would have done it already, but I'm not an expert at the stats model for LoL, so I'm not sure all the data you'd want in such a model and what kind of transforms you'd want on top of it.

Anyway, it's not an API exactly, but it does offer a lot of flexibility to build out a model and play what-if. If you wanted to do something bigger, (like build a production app on it), I'd suggest something else built maybe with couchdb, etc. Feel free to use it if it helps.