[Guide] Rammus-The Rolley Polley Ball of Awesome.

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krald

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuraM View Post
It's a very nice build, a completely different way then I usually play Rammus, but not really worse. When I play, I get the mana regen item first (the one that leads up to soul shroud) and then i build up soul shroud. Ive always gotten the boots of swiftness because of 2 reasons:

A. Ive never played Rammus as a tank, so I always valued the extra movement boost
B. Ive never tried Tabi, but i think i will now.

After i get boots of swiftness and soul shroud, i start to build up abysall scepter. After scepter, if the game even lasts that long, id go. For my runes i stack a page of -cooldown (the static runes, its like 14.88%) and then -cooldown talents, with flash and heal as my summoner spells. I can ult every like 30-40 seconds at max rank, and my roll ends up doing tons of damage, as well as my ult (and the thorns on my curl gives tons extra dmg). PS, roll gets 1:1 AP so it can get very strong. Also with flash, if enemies surround themselves with creeps, i can just flash on them and the roll hits them, then i taunt/curl/ult combo to totally wreck them. By the time taunt is over, they start to run, and my Roll is already coming off CD again (thanks to the -CD runes/masteries and soul shroud.). The only thing wrong with my build is soul shroud isnt enough mana regen early on.

I actually learnt this build watching an amumu use it, and figured id give it a whirl on rammus, and i used to get tons of kills (and multiple double/triples) per round.

Me as well, the only thing i was unhappy was when they nerfed his curl and his ult damage, but it wasnt a very high number, it was still a nerf.
I guess I just like to fill the niche of a 'tank' as best I can when I play him, as we usually don't have any on our team. Your build would give you sick nasty damage, but you would have almost no survivability. Like you said, neither of the two builds are 'better' but I definitely would love to have some survivability over damage in many cases. The cooldown idea for soul shroud is great, I used it in a game recently and it gave me some extended opportunities. Good choice, and thanks for the alternative build, I'll post that in the guide if you don't mind.

Bianary

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
Never tried it. If I had to guess, I feel it would decrease the rate that people attack me, obviously, making them deal less damage to me but also less damage to themselves. Because Def Curl does a fixed amount of return damage, and thornmail adds to it, I like the enemy to attack me a lot. Does that sound stupid?
It makes sense to me, until you say dodge runes could work. Then I get a bit confused :P

Krald

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianary View Post
It makes sense to me, until you say dodge runes could work. Then I get a bit confused :P
Lol, touche man, touche.
Honestly I guess I enjoy dodge so much because it's saved me from tower diving =P
Once they fix that I won't really need it as much.

Brains

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

Personally i'm a fan of guardian angel. Its mostly straight armor which is good and i love having people chase me for an hour only to come back to life.

Anfhann

Adjudicator

09-21-2009

This guide was great, Krald, I had a good time playing Rammus like this. Thanks!

Krald

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfhann View Post
This guide was great, Krald, I had a good time playing Rammus like this. Thanks!
Glad you liked it bro!

Toddy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2009

Krald, i finnaly found my pseudo-tank champion! Thanks for this awesome guide.

I still got some problems on early game (i'm still too agrevessive and my lane partner fails to support me), but once i hit mid-game, i become an almost unkillable beast =)
I'll tweak my game and rock a bit more.
Cya in-game

Krald

09-22-2009

toddy hit me up if you wanna play sometime

SumTinWong

09-23-2009

+1 from me
best guide i have read so far

Mal3vol3nc3

09-24-2009

awesome guide thx

1234567 ... 12