Zilean, The master of time

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

08-29-2009

Changed the order of my items and added another thing to help players

"If you are going against Rammus slow him down instead of speeding yourself up. This helps mainly because when you slow him he moves as a very slow speed. If you speed yourself up he will catch you.."

Vangu

09-17-2009

I have edited and altered the guide and when this upcoming patch comes out I will do so again if any of the new items happen to replace what I use now.

Arai Kitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2009

Vangu, liked your guide, though I build and playa bit differently as him, might write my own some day. I'd like to say though, for your masteries, Perserverance may not be worth it. Think about it for a second. A 4% boost to regeneration effectively means that you gain 1 extra regen per 5 seconds for every 25 you have. If you had say, 10 regen per 5, that would mean it would add 0.4 regen, which would mean you'd need to wait 2.5 seconds to gain one extra regened point of health or mana. It is ncie that it adds both, however, I'd reccomend simply going for Meditation and the mastery in the Defense tree that gives 0.3% of your max mana in health regen. Every 500 mana translates to 7.5 HP regen per 5, easily obtainable early.

Drakonis

09-19-2009

NECRO TIME guide is awesome, make it for other casters and ranged
when i mean other casters i mean veigar awesome super damaging skills mixed with low cooldown = genocide

Xeirus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonis View Post
NECRO TIME guide is awesome, make it for other casters and ranged
when i mean other casters i mean veigar awesome super damaging skills mixed with low cooldown = genocide
............anyway............

------------------------------------------------

I'm not a pro at Ze but I would suggest switching the ring and scepter around in purchase......

hoogamaphone

11-09-2009

Nice guide. I've been enjoying Zilean lately. I usually get boots of speed along with my chalice so I'm not so reliant on time warp. I've only upgraded them in one game. but you can make the choice based on what team you are playing against.

EDIT: I also take one level of time warp early. and max bombs as soon as possible.

Sorano

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangu View Post
Timebomb can be placed on allies but does not hurt them. If you see a melee team-mate going in battle put a bomb on him to help a little. It can also be places on yourself but I have not ran into a situation that would have called it for..maybe make a melee not want to get near you?
I will have to try all of that. It sounds insanely fun, practical and a good surprise tactic.

Imagine:

- Time Warp yourself
- Put Time Bomb on yourself
- Run into enemy creep/champion
- Get surprise kills/tons of last hits

Can enemies see if you put Time Bomb on yourself? Unlikely, but if yes that would add some more strategy to the spell.

harmar

11-14-2009

i tried this build, i just did not like it for a few reasons. i found i ran around way too slow in the beginning (probably cause no runes, plus don't have 10% reduced cooldowns in tree yet)
Also, you have no health, can die very fast if someone gets a stun on you.

I have tried a ton of different builds, as well as different roles (AP build, non ap build)
I would say I find the following buold most effective, and I enjoy the support role

1. If casters on other team Chalice of Harmony, otherwise Philospher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Glacial Shroud
4. Soul Shroud (although once I get the 10% cooldown reduction from mastery, may not get this)...
5. Frozen Heart
6. Lich bane
7. Replace p.stone with whatever

I find this build gives good team support, gives you enough health so that you can actually live through a stun and get away or use ulti.

Sometimes when I feel like being more aggressive I will do a little more AP which is close to the same...
1 and 2 are the same
3. Rod of Ages
4. Soulstealer
5. Z.Ring
6. Lich Bane

Vangu

12-13-2009

Yeah my build is fairly dependent on the runes and mastery set-up that I have. Without all of them I can't really say how well my same build will do if you are not going for the same play style. I will get to update it soon as I have not had a chance to play LoL for a couple months or so.

Vangu

01-04-2010

Also may need to add that when I made this guide the game was still in closed beta so a good amount of things may have changed...well not drastically but smaller things such as speed, health, mana..etc per level. I have been playing on what time I can to get points to unlock more champions to update my guides. So once I get Zilean unlocked I will update it and see if my guide will change. Also I do agree that you are a tad slow at the start but I generally can speed myself up to get to anywhere on the map and have full mana by the time I get to where I need...and this is going the same speed if not faster then if I had boots. I may need to add that I play support classes as more support so health on Zilean was never a big deal for me. Let alone I can/could kill most people with the pure speed of my spells...though they did slow this down slightly last I played and couldnt say if they did again. But if you were not being support you could kill most casters/nuke melees with ease. Bomb, slow, recall, bomb, recall, bomb, slow....if you are going to die shift yourself and repeat. Cheap? Maybe..but that is what Zilean does and I had tons of fun and laughs doing it.