Dominion Framerate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Accerso

08-12-2011

With the new video showing us all the new moving elements and particles within dominion I have one thing to ask.

How is the framerate with all of these different things going on?

After seeing this video I am nervous about lag spikes taking place during key battles.

RiotDaemon

QA Lead

08-13-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Excellent question! It is comparible to Summoner's Rift due to some improved tech.

ßubbletèa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

does the fps goes 60+? :O cause everytime i play summoners rift i got 15-25 fps only and the settings are all set to medium.

SheepKing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-13-2011

i can go to 250 fps into summoner rift, this is irrelevant to my interest

SqualCloud

08-13-2011

Doesn't Fps max at 60 in Summoners rift? I play more demanding games with higher fps.

CaffeineJunky

08-13-2011

I have to draw each frame by hand with pencil. Will I suffer a serious slowdown from all of the added effects? Note: I play League of Legends 1900s Edition, where Carrier pigeons are used to carry packets from one player to another.

hohums

Software Engineer

08-13-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqualCloud View Post
Doesn't Fps max at 60 in Summoners rift? I play more demanding games with higher fps.
You likely have vsync or stable mode set in the video options. 60FPS should be a great framerate to play at though.

Gumb E

08-13-2011

Will there be an option to disable animated terrain? For some folks, "comparable to summoners rift", while nice, will come second to "my computer is so crummy, I will take every possible measure to unburden it".

Some others may want to disable animations just to remove the visual distraction.

gluecks

Emissary of the League

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotDaemon View Post
Excellent question! It is comparible to Summoner's Rift due to some improved tech.
If the tech is improved, does it mean we can finally get back 180 degree camera flip for purple team on Summoner's Rift which was taken away 2 years ago in closed beta?
The reasoning that it was solely done to improve fps via reducing the polygon count on the backside of surfaces is somewhat insufficient to me as my fps consistently went down over those 2 years.

Big Bang Typhoon

08-13-2011

Honestly no one cares if your computer sucks, you probably are too broke to buy any RP anyways so why should they care? This game isn't a public service.