Riot is Fooling Themselves...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Underneathean

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
I think the high ELO and tournaments players would be pretty upset if a balanced champion is nerfed solely because of his viable in Dominion or a champion is kept OP in SR because he is decent or balanced or a favorite in Dominion.
Thats not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying riot only has to change champs that are OP/UP in BOTH or extremely (to the point of being broken) OP/UP in one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK Underneathean View Post
Thats not what I'm saying at all, I'm saying riot only has to change champs that are OP/UP in BOTH or extremely (to the point of being broken) OP/UP in one.
I don't think its healthy to keep a champion thats OP in one of the formats in a state where hes constantly banned because of his power level just because he is decent or even underpowered in the other format.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Underneathean

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
I don't think its healthy to keep a champion thats OP in one of the formats in a state where hes constantly banned because of his power level just because he is decent or even underpowered in the other format.
being constantly banned, or even a general banning favorite would fit my definition of extremely OP and thus should prob be nerfed. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-11-2011
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
Okay, so then if say, Soraka was worthless on Dominion (which I can see with the -20% healing global aura) then you would specific buff her to make her playable on Dominion?
Um, I will respond to this with -- 'if you say so' ;p There's a reason why we had to do some tweaks like that.

- Zileas


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Um, I will respond to this with -- 'if you say so' ;p There's a reason why we had to do some tweaks like that.

- Zileas
Well, maybe a bad example, but pretend theres a champion that for some reason, is just unplayable in Dominon but is okay in SR, would you change them in both? Or just in one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AychAychAych

Senior Member

08-11-2011

The correct way to do this: Heroes work differently in different maps with different objectives.
But this carries too many problems with it that also makes it too complicated. Really, when it comes to AoS games, different maps already means a completely different game. Remaking every single hero to be viable in this another format is a task far too impossible to fathom. It is far more plausible it will be just like Twisted Treeline.

Riot remaking their game to fit the new map is not impossible, but it is not plausible.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
Wouldn't have mattered, changing items effects all champions while changing the stats on one champions really only effects that champion.

Any item they change or add that effects tanks will almost definitely help all tanks equally unless you start making items to specifically buff one character which would be a really bad idea.
But think about Jax. The only thing that makes him OP in TT is Gunblade because he gets so many stats from it. No other champ benefits from Gunblade anywhere near as much. A gunblade change on TT would in fact make Jax more balanced while not hurting any other champ severely (maybe morde but he is too strong in TT too).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turbo164

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-11-2011

Balanced Dominion Aura Item 500
Ruby Crystal (475) + Recipe (25)
+250 health
Unique Passive: Nearby allied Sorakas get +100 AP
Unique Passive: Nearby enemy Shacos get -100 AD

There, balanced with just items! ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aromaticity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-11-2011

I don't see why it matters if certain champions are more viable on one map/mode compared to another, as long as they're not ultra trash never pick or something. I guess some people who really love champion X would QQ a lot of X was less viable in a different mode, but that's pretty silly.

If LoL continues to expand in terms of maps and game modes, I can foresee balancing becoming both more difficult and simpler, because at a point it doesn't matter if every champion is viable on every map. For example, if you have 100 champions and fifty are viable on each map, that's pretty **** good.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caribou

Senior Member

08-11-2011

yall sure did alot of balancing and know what your talking about.