New suggestion for IP earned... srsly

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FareWars

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornerPocket View Post
I'm not saying they need to do away with the IP/minute thing. I'm saying that for each game in the maps that typically have shorter average game times (win or loss) they need to give the IP/minute that they usually do plus just a very small flat amount of IP to every player to compensate for the load times and champ select times that will invariably be higher in those modes due to the short(er) game times.
That is silly. Load times are your problem, not Riots - and you shouldn't be compensated for it.. Buy a new computer.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

meson8

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schokcha View Post
IP/min is already slightly better in shorter games because there's a flat IP base amount.

So actually 3x20min wins will grant you slightly more IP than one 60min win.
^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntithesisHeir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

08-09-2011

Can we have separate "win of the day" bonuses for both dominion, and regular LoL? =D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaezakura

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FareWars View Post
That is silly. Load times are your problem, not Riots - and you shouldn't be compensated for it.. Buy a new computer.
Okay... and what about if it's a teammate's load time? Or an enemy player's? Or it takes longer to load because Riot's servers are busy?

Seriously, that post was just stupid. There's no real denying that IP gain is, overall, slower than it used to be. And to people who haven't unlocked everything yet, it's really noticeable that we have to invest more time to unlock the same amount of new stuff--especially with how there's pretty much never going to be another 3150 IP champion again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

True Sol

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
I'll have someone take a look at TT. Dominion should be covered.

Our goals with matchmade game modes is for them to generally give about the same amount of IP per minute on average.
Should you get more points for a ranked game than a normal game then? Since you spend more time in Champion Select, which is technically part of the game (thus you can't dodge from this point on without a severe penalty)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ColdSnapQQ

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir77 View Post
Can we have separate "win of the day" bonuses for both dominion, and regular LoL? =D
This.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yapmatter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-09-2011

^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FareWars

Senior Member

08-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaezakura View Post
Okay... and what about if it's a teammate's load time? Or an enemy player's? Or it takes longer to load because Riot's servers are busy?

Seriously, that post was just stupid. There's no real denying that IP gain is, overall, slower than it used to be. And to people who haven't unlocked everything yet, it's really noticeable that we have to invest more time to unlock the same amount of new stuff--especially with how there's pretty much never going to be another 3150 IP champion again.
So your saying people with faster computers should profit off of those who have slower computers.

Seriously, that post was just stupid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowsaint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-10-2011

IP gains suck. Plain and simple.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

08-10-2011

Start the IP time counter from when you first hit the "join queue" button. Problem solved.


123