How to counter Akali?

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

05-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouFubar View Post
It wasnt backdooring, she ran through the base, turrets and all. Backdooring is porting and killing the nexus.
no.

Incineration

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2010

Hey look!

Akali killed someone!

Nerf her!

EcoEco

05-11-2010

Backdooring, is where you go to a turret or inhib or nexus and attack it WITHOUT minions. At least thats what people told me.

shankdified

05-12-2010

Ok so I've been playing akali all day now
Someone told me that wards and oracles dont work at detecting her in stealth. Is this true?
Also someone said her ult did HUGE damage. That isnt even close to true.
Dont think she needs a nerf, however I have not tried an AP build yet.
She is EASILY shut down by a stun or two. Use warwick's ult and as long as your not a bunch of noobs you should make short work of her. (assuming shes not fed) She also has very poor magic resistance typically so use this to your advantage. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy some armor also.

KaizoMK

05-12-2010

My problem with assassins in general is that the tips for taking them down is "They'll rape in 1v1's or 2v1's, so gangbang them."

Also, backdooring is basically trying to push a lane specifically with no champion resistance. I know, because I won games easily that way at, like, level 5. Did she run past all the towers and just destroy the nexus? Or were all the towers already destroyed.

Amaterasuomikami

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankdified View Post
Ok so I've been playing akali all day now
Someone told me that wards and oracles dont work at detecting her in stealth. Is this true?
Dont think she needs a nerf, however I have not tried an AP build yet.
She is EASILY shut down by a stun or two. Use warwick's ult and as long as your not a bunch of noobs you should make short work of her. (assuming shes not fed) She also has very poor magic resistance typically so use this to your advantage. Wouldn't be a bad idea to buy some armor also.
Oracle im not sure, but i im almost positive wards do work

Towers also

As for her ult, it dosent deal alot but any good Akali is going to R --> Q --> Autoattack ---> E and get out.

She can also spit that all out really quick and then stealth bomb or shadowdance away

EcoEco

05-12-2010

Thats only viable if you have a bit more movement speed or you can slow them to do the melee hit. But yeah, she can easily spam her skills.

Decendt

05-12-2010

If you're morgana... Akali is easy to counter... when she drops her shroud, your soil fits perfectly in it as well .Or throw a DB into it. Black Shield also nullifies most of her damage from spells.

Supreme1337

05-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankdified View Post
At lvl 6-10 it sure does deal quite a bit of damage. It's pretty fun to make people chase you, then dash back at them and kill them (with the spell vamp from her passive it's easy to pull off without dying yourself).

flip1

05-12-2010

play corki

123456 ... 7