Capturing points?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weezamon

08-08-2011

I've read that taking damage cancels a capture and that capture points will shoot at enemies like towers. does this mean that 1 champion alone cannot capture a point as the tower damage will prevent the capture?

Šneeks

08-08-2011

I was wondering the same thing.

Pig Magus

08-08-2011

I think while capturing the tower will stop pewpewing.

Conncept

08-08-2011

Does this mean Karthus is going to be able to stop a capture from anywhere on the map?

Magma Armor0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2011

channeling to capture the tower stops it from shooting
also, a tower (according to one source) does not shoot unless there is a defending champ on the tower.

dafedidi

08-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connartillery View Post
Does this mean Karthus is going to be able to stop a capture from anywhere on the map?
Yep.

Dreampod

08-08-2011

If someone is currently channeling to capture a point the tower doesn't fire. That means that you will probably take 1-2 tower hits approaching an unguarded point but it will stop damaging you for the 10 seconds you are channeling to capture. If an enemy shows up to defend and damages you the tower will start pounding you again.

And presumably yes Karthus can stop a capture from anywhere provided he is willing to use up his ult to do so. Though timing it could be a bit tight since it require a full 3 second channel time and would be much more vulnerable to interuption because there are no real safe areas on the map.