Add a third team to Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badseed

08-06-2011

Dominion looks like it will be a ton of fun to play and I am really excited for it.

I was wondering if riot could do a map style like this where you roam around the map and don't just start from one side like in SR where they could actually put in 3 teams for a 5v5v5 since you're not pushing lanes, but capturing positions.

Would be very hectic but when all the teams collided it would be a blast

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-06-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

There's a lot of the UI that's build around the fact that there are two teams in the game as opposed to three, but discounting the tech cost of actually doing this the idea sounds fun.

SlayerS Slappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
There's a lot of the UI that's build around the fact that there are two teams in the game as opposed to three, but discounting the tech cost of actually doing this the idea sounds fun.
:O rebuild it. We'll give you around 8 months.

Badseed

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post

Thanks, very cool! I do like the 2 team idea I just know you guys are looking to shake the MOBA genre up a bit and felt this might add another flavor.

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2011

I agree. "Dominion mode" definitely seems like it could be multi-team friendly

RiotVeonneth

Production Assistant

08-06-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

It sounds really fun in theory...

But the game is already so action-packed that I think Demacia might explode if we invited a third team in each game.

Enrayged

08-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post

But the game is already so action-packed that I think Demacia might explode if we invited a third team in each game.

Chaos is fun.

Extra chaos is extra-fun.

Demacia also needs to be nuked.

Yes, multi-team games must be tossed onto that huge "to-do" list over at Riot! xD

Badseed

08-06-2011

Quote:

Garen wont let that happen

A third team could add all kinds of fun stuff because you may have 2 teams trying to focus the team in the lead and turn on each other and just make it all the more chaotic.

But I do agree 5v5 on its own can get pretty intense already

Izeo

08-06-2011

So that should be your next mode >=D A mode with, say, 3v3v3 (I don't like how champion-dominated 3v3 is, maybe it could be avoided to some extent here, but I think with more than 3 players on each team there might be TOO much going on haha)

Actually, thinking about it, 3v3v3 would be 9 players, so that's even less skills than you'd care about in a 5v5 match anyway. So 4v4v4? 12 sets of skills going off and enough damage to keep it from being as tanky dps dominated as TT?

Wooooo buddy.

Vilelich

08-06-2011

Quote:

Don't think about it and just do it.