Dominion sounds fun guys, but get real:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BurnumMaster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

or it could be the most fun thing youve ever played, you never know

Segmented

08-04-2011

While this may be true, what about if Dominion does become as popular as they think (Hohums said 50% of the playerbase is expected to focus on Dominion only).

Even if the hardcores/competitive gamers stay with Summoner's Rift, they will be the minority group. And they will get less and less content in favor of more content for Crystal Scar. New champs that fit in perfectly with it, but have 0 place in SR, making the game slowly become more stale.

So the meta in SR stands to stall out and fall out of favor when Dominion comes out.

DAntiprodukt

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnumMaster View Post
or it could be the most fun thing youve ever played, you never know
Letdowns after this kind of optimism gives people stomach ulcers.

Anlysia

08-04-2011

Personally I welcome a gametype that doesn't start with 20 minutes of farming in lane, knowing that if I do a bad job the entire rest of the game will snowball against me.

drazyLate

08-04-2011

So your point here is?

WhiteGoblin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2011

The gametype itself could totally be competitive, balancing issues aside. The real problem is that there won't be ranked play supported at first, if ever. If they never implement ranked games, it'll basically guarantee no competitive play on Dominion.

ShadowStromm

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragelegendz View Post
I doubt it'll be fun.

Some champions are INSANELY OP at lvl 1 fights.
U sir are an idiot all champs start at lvl 3 not 1

srsizzy

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlysia View Post
Personally I welcome a gametype that doesn't start with 20 minutes of farming in lane, knowing that if I do a bad job the entire rest of the game will snowball against me.
or not at all, as often happens.

yeah, this game type is made for impatient people, and also for people who are bad and don't want to have to try as hard to accomplish something in the match.

I actually really, really enjoy farming and early game, as does one of my friends. obviously other people do as well, or they wouldn't play this game.

shubomber

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
I just hope they don't start nerfing champs because they are "overpowered on crystal scar" just like they did to those that were "overpowered on twisted treeline".
Did they ever do this? I'm almost a 100% exclusive TT player and I still don't think that's right given that most people never even touch 3v3.

Modpearl

08-04-2011

Actually this is exactly what competitive LOL needs. Currently to outsiders this game is slow confusing, and boring. Capturing points is a widely recognized concept and the more fast paced gameplay is exactly what would make this game more interesting to watch for outsiders