To Riot: Give yourself a solid deadline on finishing Dominion mode

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousosmart

Member

08-04-2011

I, like most of the community, have understandable concerns about how quickly your team will be finishing up Dominion mode, as you haven't always delivered on some promises (i.e. Magma Chamber, to quote others). Though you're having the mode playable at PAX, I won't be able to attend that, regrettably.

As such, I feel that making us wait super long for a very interesting game mode shouldn't be something we have to endure. To that end, I felt that it could be productive if your team could, say, give themselves a solid deadline on when to release Dominion Mode, for better or worse.

IMO, your deadline should be the start of Season 2, or sometime in, say, late September to mid October. Try to have Dominion finished or at least in a launchable state by then.

How does that sound?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkan of Arkham

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Seconded. Also Yss check your lore forum threads, you'll find something suprising


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

08-04-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2011

Just make it for 5 months after your actual deadline, then when you come out early all ur haters wont know what to do but love you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharkbaitBruhaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarrieBear View Post
We learned our lesson from those other things we announced too early. We DO have a deadline, but we're not saying what it is because it's a lose-lose for us if we hit it or miss it.
I think you mean it would be a Lose if you missed it, a win if you hit it. How could it be a lose-lose if you made your deadline?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borigrad

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha View Post
I think you mean it would be a Lose if you missed it, a win if you hit it. How could it be a lose-lose if you made your deadline?
Because if there is one bug or imbalance people will be like "WTF RIOT WHY DIDNT YOU DELAY THE RELEASE TO BALANCE" or "riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SharkbaitBruhaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
Because if there is one bug or imbalance people will be like "WTF RIOT WHY DIDNT YOU DELAY THE RELEASE TO BALANCE" or "riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects."
Ok How could it be a lose if you made your deadline and it didn't have bugs . . . Are we gonna keep playing this game?

EDIT: No matter the release date, if it came out with bugs people would be like that, what is your point exactly?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkane

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
riot if you can make your deadline why can't you make deadline on other projects.
That's a fair question. Honestly they are the worst company I've seen when it comes to deadlines. Mostly because they are deathly afraid to even set one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scien

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
That's a fair question. Honestly they are the worst company I've seen when it comes to deadlines. Mostly because they are deathly afraid to even set one.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Go here and tell me agian about deadlines.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenku Yuko

Senior Member

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkbaitBruhaha View Post
I think you mean it would be a Lose if you missed it, a win if you hit it. How could it be a lose-lose if you made your deadline?
Because if it was to far down the road people would rage about announcing it so early.