Why We're Angry

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ellatan

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
You're giving me scuff for saying its F2P and then you toss in an IOU analogy? Would you rather they never announce anything until two weeks before its release?
Yes, in a nutshell. Either make an announcement without preceding expectations for excitement, or if you chose to hype an announcement have a definitive ETA on release.

Mr Liciĝus

08-04-2011

Dont care like the game as is and when an if they put new content in I'll like it even more -_-

Seraphim

The Council

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Uuito View Post
Spectator mode was fully functioning at Dreamhack. >_>

As of now, it's still mysteriously gone with no updates on it whatsoever.

All I'm saying is that Riot has a really bad track record with actually releasing things they announce.

Right, and this type of reaction is giving them a fantastic precedent for previewing content to their player base!

The guy who speaks for you would rather not have any info until the day before its release!

Resonancy

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post
Who the hell announces things they can't release for another two years? Furthermore, who announces things they can't release for another two years and then say that it's coming "Soon"?
Well effing said good sir.
That's great, awesome new gameplay and a new map.
But so what? It's not going to be released any time soon and people will only get a chance to play this new...project of theirs in selected conventions.
I'll be surprised if this stuff actually even gets released this year or next. >_>
New players don't understand that they've promised so many things but it's taking SO ridiculously long to release them.
Why not post announcements closer to the ACTUAL release date? -_-

Quote:
Spectator mode was announced. Release TBA.
Project Shiny was announced. Release TBA.
Magma Chamber announced. Release cancelled.
Replay function was announced. Release TBA.
Dominion mode was announced. Release TBA.
Enough said with that quote in my honest opinion.

Resonancy

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellatan View Post
Yes, in a nutshell. Either make an announcement without preceding expectations for excitement, or if you chose to hype an announcement have a definitive ETA on release.
Also very true.

Seraphim

The Council

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellatan View Post
The map is playable and they pointed towards a December release, most likely to coincide with Christmas sales and probably a more open, yet still closed Beta for Dota2.

Firellius

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bland View Post
This isn't something anyone asked for? YOU must be new here...
People were at all times asking for new maps and specifically more modes.
This is EXACTLY what people asked for.
New maps for normal and ranked games, not for dominion! We're not getting a new map for this game, we're getting a new map for another game.

The new mode request never became as big as the request for Magma Chambers, or any new kind of map for the classic mode. RIOT brushed the requests of the majority aside to home in on a request from a minority. Plenty of people were happy with just a new map on this mode.

On top of that, a new game mode with the same champions is going to cause gigantic balance issues. This is going to drive the community crazy, because every change will make a champion horribly, horribly OP in one of either game modes unless they champion bases are split for the modes.

Everyone who's looking forward to this Dominion mode is jumping the gun. First off, we don't know IF it will come, and secondly, we don't know if it will work.

Lord Regnier

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
Who is we? The small fraction of people that is coming to the forums to whine none stop about how let down they are by a video game?

I'm sure if you stop to think for a second you'll realize that you're just adding your voice, to the minority wielding pitch forks. IMO re think your extremely over generalized statements.

you answered his generalization with another one...

bravo sir

Seraphim

The Council

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonancy View Post
Well effing said good sir.
That's great, awesome new gameplay and a new map.
But so what? It's not going to be released any time soon and people will only get a chance to play this new...project of theirs in selected conventions.
I'll be surprised if this stuff actually even gets released this year or next. >_>
New players don't understand that they've promised so many things but it's taking SO ridiculously long to release them.
Why not post announcements closer to the ACTUAL release date? -_-

Enough said with that quote in my honest opinion.
Because, people demand to see new content and they preview it early.

Champion artwork, champion blurb preview, champion spot light and skins, then finally champion release.

The map is playable, there's a red post somewhere and they're showing it off at PAX and Gamecon.

Bletzkarn

08-04-2011

new content is good content imo