Presenting the Summoner's Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dankipz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

positive scores = positive attitude.
negative scores = negative attitude.

TaigaStance

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-07-2010

Thanks Riot.

CheeseBurguer

05-07-2010

great this code is against harcore players that call you noob just because they are a beter player.But is sad nowing that a game is supose to be fun but is ruined by the serious players that think they are to great.

Arudeko09

05-07-2010

Dont leave the noobs behind just use them as your meat shield.

KawaiiSchoolGirl

05-07-2010

1. You do not talk about the code.
2. You DO NOT talk about the code.
3. When someone says stop, pwn their ass.
4. Even numbers to a fight. Gankers are noobs.
5. One game at a time, or riot will destroy you.
6. Attractive female toons must be scantily clad (Riot policy)
7. If this is your first night in the League, you have to fight.

scuzbo

05-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
People sometimes ask us what regulations govern the League of Legends community. While we do have a discrete list of rules, there's a lot more to being a positive force in the community than adhering to the legal ease set down in our Terms of Service. We believe that there are things that separate a great player from one who is mostly concerned with not violating the TOS. And you may be surprised to find out that we believe what makes a player great doesn't have anything to do with your summoner level, win/loss ratio, or Elo rating. What makes a great player is the willingness to take responsibility for ensuring that he and his fellow players have a good time.

And so, in response to this request for leadership, we here at Riot Games have set down a few guidelines for becoming one of these great players. May I present, The Summoner's Code! Henceforth, these nine patterns of behavior shall be the creed that governs all League of Legends players as you continue to fight the good fight out there on the Field of Justice:

So, while you're out vying for supremacy with your fellow Runeterrans, remember to always keep to the Code!
I assume lots of other people already pointed this out, but the second topic in "the code" has a large repeating section in the last paragraph. I'd normally overlook little mistakes, (no one is perfect) but that was kind of a glaring typo, so I thought I'd mention it...

Let's here it for the **** retentive nitpickers!

Aside from that, it's a glowing, idealistic masterwork. Here's to hoping it actually makes a dent in some of the more thick-headed elitists in our ranks.

Åntræus

05-07-2010

I think this is good because it portrays the human element in games, much of which we are disenfranchised from because there is no face-to-face accountability.

I wish this was a norm but it is not. Competition itself blinds us to the dignity of others we play with or against. Where domination is more prized than cooperation.

If anything a model is nice and I hope it is put on your front page. Gaming communities should be constructive, because a lot of people spend a lot of time interacting within games and then take what they learn in game elsewhere.

Thank you for helping to break the internet gaming jock trend.

Democlese

05-07-2010

those quotes are great

Tigriel

05-07-2010

this is very good stuff. its good to see a company not only promoting their game but also positive game play among its participants. good work Riot. i agree with a previous poster that this should go on your home page two thumbs up.

Crusader3546

05-07-2010

Well.. unlike a good chunk of people, I'll be completely honest. I'll keep playing the exact same way I play, and do what I do. And people will do the exact same thing. Nothing outside of account ban threats will get them to change, and most will just go to an alt account.