Any chance of fixing Udyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrotherCaine

07-30-2011

Trundle suffers the same problem and isn't the proud owner of a stun. Please cope.

Willis87

07-30-2011

Blow your flash and rip her to shreds, hide in a bush until she's close... honestly I don't have trouble fighting Ashe with Udyr. Also I'd be pissed if they changed his passive, which is awesome, to a stacking tenacity.

Yenn

07-30-2011

That's because most of you are low rated and don't play with decent players.

The issue is that Udyr is 100% worthless in team fights against spammable slows. Very few other champions are shut down so hard by a single champion.

Take a game against Jax, Kassadin, Ashe, Janna, and Galio.
Udyr cannot touch Ashe, she kites him to death.
Udyr cannot touch Jax, he's permanently slowed and Jax just leaps away.
Udyr cannot touch Janna, Ashe doesn't even need to slow him; she can alternate her slow and then cyclone him when he gets close.
Udyr cannot touch Kassadin, he's permanently slowed and Kassadin just Riftwalks away.
The only person Udyr can hit is the enemy team's tank, which accomplishes absolutely nothing.

**** like this shouldn't be acceptable.

DairyIntolerant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

In my honest opinion, DPS Udyr doesn't really pump out enough damage right now. For me, tank udyr is the way to go as:
1. I suck at timing and don't get the most out of his passive
2. My computer sucks and I experience framerate loss like hell and it's better if I take a lot more damage to die

Baby Pope

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2011

Want an unstappable udyr? Use karma, Morg, Morde, and Lux. 5 sheilds on udyr? Pentakill.

zankuro14

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondragan View Post
Melee is melee.

Use at your own risk.
Udyr is probably one of the only true melee champs in the game, he does not have a range spell that he can be used to harass or close the distance quickly.

little black b0y

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLcHeMisT97 View Post
Your joking right? Udyr is a beast late game when he is all geared up. There is no killing him and he puts out amazing dmg with just a triforce and tiger stance. Hes pretty balanced as it is.
Agreed. He's very balanced, and just about any CC shuts him down unlike other champions.
He's very OP too just aslong as you know how to use him.

Lord Melons

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLcHeMisT97 View Post
Your joking right? Udyr is a beast late game when he is all geared up. There is no killing him and he puts out amazing dmg with just a triforce and tiger stance. Hes pretty balanced as it is.
Please tell the pun was unintended because my eyes are hurting >.<

Anyways but udyr is fine don't know what you're talking about

zankuro14

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenn View Post
There's a difference between countered and hard countered. Most melee have gap closers or more potent speed boosts. Udyr's speed boost isn't enough for him to ignore slows.

Udyr is hard countered. Most other melee are not. They either have a gap closer, a ranged slow, or a more powerful movement speed boost. Bear Stance lasts longer than most speed boosts, but it doesn't give enough speed for him to catch his target, so it doesn't matter.

Consider a team fight where Udyr runs in and goes for Ashe. He's not going to be able to catch her, she's just going to kite him. Udyr is now in the middle of your tanks. If Ashe's team mates went past Udyr to kill his team mates, Udyr can't reach them to peel. Udyr also can't reach Ashe. The only target Udyr can actually hit is the enemy team's tanks, which is completely useless.

Morgana is a terrible pick and will never be seen in any remotely high ranked game. Synergy with obscure champions isn't an excuse to allow Udyr to be kited so easily. He needs something to counter kiting, in exchange for a damage reduction, because his damage is currently way too high.
Thanks for this post, you are the first person that has given a fair account of udyr. I always tell people that when i play Udyr i have to run everywhere and thats his biggest challenge.

zankuro14

07-31-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeetermin View Post
Sounds like Udyr messed up by trying to jump the ranged champ THROUGH her tanks. Bearman should come out of the jungle behind them with a good support like Morg while his team entertains them in front.
I have never seen a two man flank on a five man team work as long as i have been playing this game, this is a great idea, can you tell the sarcasm lol.