Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Montag

Player Experience Manager

07-23-2011
5 of 5 Riot Posts

Thanks very much for all your answers.

I'm making a point to track the progress of the poll as it continues, so please continue answering, especially if you want to clarify your vote.

Update: As of this post, we have about 5600 responses. Thanks again for all your feedback!

AFigment

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

i actually am satisfied with riot as a company and they way they are attempting to maintain balance on the game, a little more in balance would be nice, but i understand its hard. slowing down on the champions might hurt income but itd make balance a little easier to maintain. the main problem i have with this game is the community being composed of Immature people, Trolls, and just people who plain want to make someone elses experience bad. btu thats nothing against Riot, they would have a hard time keeping this F2P and control that. But Major props to Riot for the game and balance, hoping for a internship next summer Thanks For Reading

ShadeeFan

07-23-2011

I wish i could change my answer. With this Kayle remake(nerf) I just went from Somewhat Dissatisfied to No I am not Satisfied.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotMontag View Post
Thanks very much for all your answers.

I'm making a point to track the progress of the poll as it continues, so please continue answering, especially if you want to clarify your vote.
.... and this is why I am Satisfied with Riot.

Balance will always be hard, server issues aren't magically fixed overnight when the game explodes in popularity, and pricing should never make the entire community happy or you're giving away too much and failing as a business.

Thumbs up.

Ther InGal

07-23-2011

My vote is somewhat incorrect. I'm not completely satisfied with Riot to say surely, but I must say this is my favorite game company at the moment.

You have good to excellent staff in almost every spot of the company, and although there are some things that I dislike (besides server stability), you are always showing polite and well written responses to everything. It is clear that you are commited to the playerbase, and that makes me proud of being a player here, although I know this is a good marketing strategy.

Keep up the good work.

IlfirinVelca

07-23-2011

yes, for the most part. servers are bad, but i do know/believe they're working in it. lotta growth lol. pricing for a lot of things is beyond terrible, but I like the game, so I make do.

Noellyn

07-23-2011

Somewhat dissatisfied, they have yet to release a champion that isn't overly priced, they skipped out on magma chamber, and replay still has not been released yet (things they promised!). This year so far has largely been a disappointment.

FurManDu

07-23-2011

after being around so long why do we only have 2 maps lol i mean fa real

monte211

07-23-2011

I voted somewhat dissatisfied. I've been playing since last summer and with the exception of a glitch or two I've never had a problem with this game. However it just seems that the balancing of characters has been terrible. Sometimes the balance team gets it right but 60-70% of the time its just a terrible rework (I'm NOT talking about Kayle either since she is yet to be tested). Instead of fine tuning a champ, Riot seems to have taken to just playing with numbers on multiple skills and saying "done!". Stop moving your peas around and just eat them ****it!

I'm also not a fan of the direction this game has been going in general. Forget the community, or even the new champs, I'm talking about 90% of what Phreak talks about in his spotlights or reviews. I know you're reworking stealth but it was hard to play against any great player just like with every other character. At one point all CC got nerfed, all AP doesn't hold a candle to AD past level 6-10, and really jungling is just disgusting now. I loved that when I started playing this game, it had all these little metas to it, games within games. Sometimes you could press your lane, sometimes you had to hold back and snag kills. Sometimes you had to wait for your jungler and sometimes he could farm all game. Now it just seems every character falls into the carry/tank/support cliche and every lane phase is exactly the same as the one before it.

Riot you need to stop catering to both the top pros and the uber noobies and revert back to the game that brought in so many people for you long ago. Majority of your player base sits between those groupings, and the noobies will learn how to play with time if they put in the effort.

of the Essence

07-23-2011

I'm somewhat satisfied, however, I am also a bit dissatisfied.

- I am satisfied with all the great champions and skins being released every two weeks; you guys are doing a great job in this particular area. I am also satisfied with reds posting on the forums to answer player-base questions: this makes us feel like you guys actually care.

- I am most satisfied in the way Riot has learned from their nerfing/buffing mistakes and has come a long way: you guys are almost there; you're doing a great job in this area as well - keep up the good work!

- These are the three main points where I am extremely ecstatic for you guys, Riot, because you guys doing a wonderful job and turning LoL in to one of the world's greatest games.

- However, I am also a bit dissatisfied with Riot's lack of communication with the community when it really matters to us; we never get any kind of heads up on why the servers are down, or when they will be down. We also never got an exact time when season 1 would end and season 2 would officially begin. This is just an example; we really want to know this kind of stuff, Riot.

- I am also dissatisfied with the number or maps that are in this amazing game: only 2... Playing on two maps over and over just isn't fun, especially when many people don't even play on Twisted Treeline because we don't like playing 3v3 so that leaves only one map...

- Third is the fact that Riot is releasing so many champions at the price of 6300 IP or 975 RP; this is really saddening to me. Riot promised champions in every price range; and so far you've kept your promise to a certain degree, but this feels like somewhat of a white lie. The fact that the last champion you released at 3150 IP was Karma is extremely disappointing because her kit was also a bit disappointing and not very creative; Karma is barely even played anymore. Even though she's 3150 IP, she is still 975 RP! Why is this?! I am a paying customer and I've spent over 300 dollars on this game and I own most of the champions, but I feel that I shouldn't have to spend a month raking up 6300 IP or have to pay 5 dollars just to buy a single champion.

- The fourth and most dissatisfying fact, in my opinion, is regarding matchmaking and a couple systems that I think should be implemented into the game. I hate it when I am matched with players below level 30 because they just don't have the experience to play against these kinds of players and will just end up feeding or leaving. Also, I hate the fact that I can't ignore certain players so that I never have to be queued and play with them again. This is because there are still so many leavers and feeders in LoL and I want to be able to ignore those people so that I never have to be annoyed by such players again; I feel like this is one of the systems that should be implemented into the game. Another system that I think should be implemented is something that can motivate players not to feed or leave games. I feel that its great to have a punishing system for leavers and feeders but why not have a system to reward players who do the right thing and don't leave, feed, or insult other players in-game. Something along the lines of bonus IP or maybe a new currency like gold points and having a certain amount of gold points can buy you a certain amount of IP; something like that; you guys would have to clean the idea up a bit.

These are just some of my thoughts and criticisms for you guys Riot; nothing too important...
I know you guys, Riot, are doing the best you can regarding balancing and releasing new content for League of Legends; and you guys are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the good work!
I hope you guys continue to make major improvements to this game so that I may continue to enjoy it.

~ A dedicated fan