Yes I am satisfied. 2,898 23.07%
Somewhat Satisfied. 4,025 32.04%
Somewhat Dissatisfied. 2,720 21.65%
No I am not Satisfied. 2,303 18.33%
Here just to troll statistics. 617 4.91%
Voters: 12563. You may not vote on this poll

Are you satisfied with Riot currently?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgentX91

Platform Engineer

07-22-2011
4 of 5 Riot Posts

A lot of comments about server instability / downtime...

We have some of the best people in the industry working on fixing issues. A lot of people involved (in all aspects of the company) pull 12+ hour days 7 days a week (some much longer) to make the experience better.

For those not familiar, the EU split was a big milestone for Riot - changes like that take a long time to implement. In general we want to get the right pieces in place before making big announcements.

One of the coolest things about working for Riot for me - I've never worked at a place where the company is so focused on its players. We're players too, not corporate suits, so we feel your frustrations and share your excitement about things to come.

Hang in there... I guarantee you that right now there are guys huddled around computers planning, coding, and building fixes. There's sooo much cool stuff coming your way. And with that, I'm back to work. :-)

VirgilTheDragon

07-22-2011

In the short end of the stick, I had to vote Slightly Dissatisfied.

While I do enjoy League, and it is indeed a free game, I have poured a lot of money into the game, partially out of greed, partially out of support. However I feel it gets thrown in my face somewhat whenever we go for several days to weeks with downtimes, gamebreaking bugs, and all manner of other problems with the game or client on a technical or balance basis. I know there are many like me who have thrown at least $100+ into League of Legends, so I feel the "it's free so deal with it" model of argument simply doesn't apply, so I also feel the right to complain as I please since I did my part in supporting Riot, and don't feel that the money I gave them is going to good use.

Either a majority of players or a loud minority (who in turn are your most zealous supporters and critics) often talk about things they want; these things are often ignored. New maps are something a lot of people want. So far the only new map surfacing is Magma Chamber, and even then there is no Date of Release as Riot would rather keep us in the dark for the sake of suspense. There is also a LOT of creativity shown in the community, which sadly is not being put to any real use. A good example of using the combined creativity of a community is Team Fortress 2, who now supplies updates to their now free game through the use of community made 3D models, textures, maps, weapon design, etc. etc. etc. Dozens of champion, item, or skin concepts are made on a daily basis, only the skins are even hinted at being looked at by Riot in any real fashion and most of this goes nowhere as expected. If Riot is going to pump out a new champion every 2 weeks, why not use some of the community's more imaginative ideas and make us feel a part of the creation?

(I know about the referral system for making a champion but I view this as a large joke since the likelihood of someone meeting this goal that isn't an insanely popular internet celebrity of some kind is laughable in it's very notion, and due to the nature of that, it still feels separated from the common player.)

In the end a lot of this comes down to feeling separated from Riot, and that in general the opinions of me and fellow players don't matter to them. This rant is probably poorly structured, but I feel the "**** it, do it live" approach is the most honest.

Matrix118

07-22-2011

And here I thought Riot had stopped observing this thread. I further commend Riot on its communication to its players via forum, good job sir.

JonneyMarket

07-22-2011

Teodorooo

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentX91 View Post
A lot of comments about server instability / downtime...

We have some of the best people in the industry working on fixing issues. A lot of people involved (in all aspects of the company) pull 12+ hour days 7 days a week (some much longer) to make the experience better.

For those not familiar, the EU split was a big milestone for Riot - changes like that take a long time to implement. In general we want to get the right pieces in place before making big announcements.

One of the coolest things about working for Riot for me - I've never worked at a place where the company is so focused on its players. We're players too, not corporate suits, so we feel your frustrations and share your excitement about things to come.

Hang in there... I guarantee you that right now there are guys huddled around computers planning, coding, and building fixes. There's sooo much cool stuff coming your way. And with that, I'm back to work. :-)
Glad to see another Red join in the fun

X?nder

07-22-2011

bump.

Bronadian

07-22-2011

My $0.02

I'm dissatisfied because I'm constantly feeling like Riot's gouging players for no reason.

-There's no structure to your champion/skin sales. For example this week there's a FREE champion on sale, a 3150 champ and a 4800 champ. This is a very common trend and I'd like to see sales feature a champion from each tier.

-Champion prices. Riot has completely done away with the price points below 4800 for the new and improved higher prices despite the fact that the game is constantly growing in popularity, driving people towards dropping real cash. Not only that but a 3150 champ sells for the same amount of RP as a 6300 champ which is unacceptable to me.

-Runes and rune page pricing. Runes strike me as incredibly arbitrary as far as cost goes, secondary runes should never go above the cheapest price if you ask me. As for the rune pages it's more than a little ridiculous that it costs $20 just so I can specialize runes.

Then of course there's the typical server problems and promised but unreleased features.

Mostly though it just bothers me how Riot tries to nickel and dime players with no rhyme or reason even with the playerbase rapidly expanding as it is, you'd think they could afford to lower prices to encourage more sales. As of now I'm completely unwilling to spend $7.50 for a champion but if they were released in new bundles like the bundles currently available (at the $1-2 mark per champion) I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

SVX348

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

i don't like where riot going right know. 2 years ago they were new company with some fresh ideas, but now it seems that they burned out.

Spartan214

07-22-2011

Weekly, or bi-weekly, updating is slow, but the content released on this basis is generally what the players want and what's good for the game. So, I am satisfied, but it's an A-, not an A.

IronManZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-22-2011

The reasons are pretty obvious, even Riot knows why they're being "downvoted" and have over 70% of their playerbase "not fully satisfied".

Which doesn't mean they care at all, they just post "public relations" types of posts for damage control, and keep milking with new heroes while not giving us anything they've promised years ago.

Manpower is probably being spent purely on "support" so they don't get sued by providing sh*tty support and the other part of it into designing champions. Everything else pretty much sucks (hero balancing/rework, new features, masteries/runes rework, magma chamber, new shop interface, stealth and globals rework, etc etc etc).