My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jairoe

07-21-2011

Before I even look at a video, here's 1 thing I see completely wrong right off the bat. This self entitled attitude that you belong to a particular group. I'm sorry you have to play the game the way it is and you aren't entitled to any rating, you let the game determine that for you.

All you do is focus on playing your best. Yes you are going to get noobs especially at the 1000 level but you have to learn to help lead and coordinate the newer or less experience or plain old worse players to ultimately help yourself. Even if you don't win, you at least have a nooby that knows just a little more. You have to understand you HAVE to play with the team and get them to mesh to maximize your chances and probability to win or you will not win games simply put.

Focus on what you can do better rather than worry about being stuck with noobs or whatever. Noobs are just a fact of life and you have to take them as they come and most importantly do your best to WORK with them and hopefully not AGAINST them.

Remember just because you think you are 1500-1600 elo player doesn't necessarily mean you are. You are in your position the way you are for a reason.

mingoooo

07-21-2011

sigh. another one of those qq threads "halp i don't belong in this elo but i'm paired with baddies every game". I'm with the guy above. Just because you think you belong in the 1500+, doesn't mean you are. Why do you have such a mindset? Do not blind yourself with the "Elo hell" myth. You can't drop to 1000 Elo just from sheer bad luck of getting all the baddies on your team. YOU have a contribution to it also. There is a REASON that you are in that elo (read, you deserve to be in that elo because you suck as much as that 0/9/2 Garen who wanted mid solo).

you get bad teammates? so does the other team.

Why do everyone stuck in this "elo hell" think that the blame is on the baddies on their team? They all have the same mindset "I think I'm better and I don't belong in this elo hell, but everytime I try to play, all the baddies are on MY team".

iwannatwirrl

07-21-2011

Wheee! I want to be the third dude in a row who read the thread title, clicked 'last page', and qq'd at myslead. Except I've actually read the thread and it's a really good one for anyone learning/struggling with ranked games.

mingoooo

07-21-2011

oh and a word of advice for everyone.. don't follow the so called "tier lists" so much.

Just because a champion is #1 in tier 1, and is open for pick, doesn't mean you should rush and get it even if you don't know how to play. The "tier lists" take into account how good a person is with a certain champion, and how x champion can be utilized.

Many times I see the other captain picks Amumu/TF as first pick and end up feeding.

Only stick to the ones you KNOW how to play

Mencius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

If you play enough games, the unlucky and lucky game will even themselves up. Let's say 70% of the games is depend on luck (afk, feeder, unskilled etc...). There will still be 30% of the games that really base on your decisions. More importantly late game decisions. My suggestion is watch replay of those games you really think could of won but lost and find out what you did wrong and avoid doing it again.

Myslead

07-22-2011

Well to all the people QQing

You might not like what I'm about to say, but coming from Heroes of *******, I gotta say that the low level community as a whole is better at their game than the low level community of League of Legends, and it's probably due to the fact that LoL is free and attracts all sort of carebear and casual players and that the *** community has a very very harsh attitude towards newbies. So it was really hard for me to come from a game where people know what it means to last hit, buying wards, not overextending at 1500 (the starting rating) etc..etc... to a game where nobody was buying wards, playing aggressively and not calling MIAs. Sure there will be players that will know all of this in the 1000-1200 bracket, but there will be waaaay more people that don't really know the basics of MOBA games.

I'm not saying that it's wrong though, I get it, *** and LoL attracts different demography, since one is a " free game " while the other isn't, but it's way more frequent to get matched with players that are just casually playing and don't really care about that sort of stuff than someone who wants to get higher in the ladder.

Though, while I think the lower brackets at this game are weaker than in that other game, I think that those who actually come out might be better players as a whole as they had to deal with all the **** and still managed to get away.

edit : lol Heroes of N-ewerth and H-oN are actually censored

Wyvernfist

07-22-2011

I just went from 1337 ELO to 11XX in a few days of what I would like to blame on horrible teams. It was my mistake to assume I could fill "needed" roles in a game that I should have been carrying. In my attempt to get back to 1300+, I'm interested in finding like-minded individuals to queue with who don't endlessly feed, have some battlefield awareness, and know how to play the champions they pick.

My favorite quote from ranked this week: "I play 3v3, I'm new to 5v5"

Gunflame

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myslead View Post
small update

It's been a month now that I've stop documenting my games and well; I've been making it.
especially in the last couple of weeks, I've been playing OP heroes and I've been getting out !

I've really narrowed the pool of heroes that I play and it helped alot. Although I still get to play some odd heroes here and there, but only when the situation is adequate. I am becoming a really dominant jungler and found out that I am not as a good AD carry as I thought ahah.

I am now ranking at 1295, 1300 is next ahah

a far cry from the 900 I was sitting at a month ago
- Do you still think you are playing at 1500 elo skill level?
- Do you think you are 1300 elo because you improved your game? or because you got lucky?

I think I was 1290-1300 when we last played. Right now I'm at 1440. I really want to get to 1500 before the end of the season : /

Myslead

07-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunflame View Post
- Do you still think you are playing at 1500 elo skill level?
- Do you think you are 1300 elo because you improved your game? or because you got lucky?

I think I was 1290-1300 when we last played. Right now I'm at 1440. I really want to get to 1500 before the end of the season : /
I play with my buddies who are 1500-1600 from time to time
and I have no problems at all playing at that level, I think it's just a question of time.

And yes I did get much better at the game... but not only as a solo player, but also at leading my team during the game. Pitch in a little bit of luck at avoiding epic feeders and leavers and you got the recipe to climb up the ladder.

kryptoscia

07-22-2011

Hey, I just read the whole thread (all 20 pages) and you seem to be a pretty cool guy.
Mind if I add you and we duo sometime? I'm 1289 atm. Only thing is, I usually main junglers too haha :P
But I can also play a bunch of top lane champs so it shouldn't be a problem. xD

IGN: kryptoscia