Olaf needs buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ASYLUM101

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrocsmash View Post
I mained Olaf for a long time. You are bad. That thread is bad. Ryalias is bad in him because he has ZERO Ap ratios. He is not on par with other bruisers. His jungle ranking tier is bad. He needs a rework.
Olaf scales off HP though, does he not?

Alrocsmash

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Olaf scales off HP though, does he not?
Frozen mallet?

iclim4

07-19-2011

Olaf just needs small buffs.
One for damage and the other for survivability.
I still believe he'd be in a great spot if he was given his prenerf changes back.
1.5% hp scaling vs 1% hp scaling.
65 damage reduction vs 40 damage reduction.

Overall that's an extra 15 damage with 3k hp with VS active.
And 25 damage reduction on lvl 3 ragna.
That's prolly around a 800g buff at endgame.

And If riot wants to make him a safer jungler, increase his early level lifesteal and spellvamp on vicious.
It lowers his atk speed from his passive but it gives him a safer jungle.

TealNinje

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrocsmash View Post
Frozen mallet?
So when they're already slowed permanently, you want to slow them some more?

Apparently none of you actually read my post. If you had, you'd realise that Olaf is fine if you're willing to adapt.

After all, 500 damage per second for 2800 gold at level 9 is decent.

TealNinje

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galthram View Post
Ok I can maybe understand why you get Rylais, but throw another reap of gold away on AP for Gunblade? Focusing on CD reduction and spamming skills is a good idea, everything else isn't. In fact I'm having a hard time to believe you play Ranked games, or even Random games, and get good results with this build.
70%+ win ratio in ranked with Olaf. I play screw around games with him all the time, and 80% of the time I absolutely dominate for the early game, buying the rest of my team a late game.

SerratedBlaze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-19-2011

his base damage is still high, true xin got 2AD overbuffed imo and by comparison makes olaf look less strong. but I still see him wreck.

iclim4

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
70%+ win ratio in ranked with Olaf. I play screw around games with him all the time, and 80% of the time I absolutely dominate for the early game, buying the rest of my team a late game.
So you're telling the community that Olaf, dubbed a 45 minute timebomb by Morello, is a dominant laning champ that excels early game rather than late?

I dunno man, your core items have no ap mitigation and no sustainability.
If you have a harrasser who is good enough to dodge slow skillshots you're screwed.
And just because that build works for 1.3k elo doesn't mean it'll work in the higher levels where you're up against more skillful opponents.

That said, Olaf as a champ is still viable and great fun to play.
People just need a certain kind of mentality to play a champ that's strongest at his weakest.
I'm surprised you found such an unconventional build and playstyle to make him suitable for you.

TealNinje

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iclim4 View Post
So you're telling the community that Olaf, dubbed a 45 minute timebomb by Morello, is a dominant laning champ that excels early game rather than late?

I dunno man, your core items have no ap mitigation and no sustainability.
If you have a harrasser who is good enough to dodge slow skillshots you're screwed.
And just because that build works for 1.3k elo doesn't mean it'll work in the higher levels where you're up against more skillful opponents.

That said, Olaf as a champ is still viable and great fun to play.
People just need a certain kind of mentality to play a champ that's strongest at his weakest.
I'm surprised you found such an unconventional build and playstyle to make him suitable for you.
I play with 1900 Elo players all the time, actually. EcksVee, David7, Oh Bos. They will admit that my build is very strong against Olaf's supposed counters, and just as strong as normal against people who Olaf is normally strong against. The only vulnerability my build has is versus Silence - which is easily countered through QSS, which my build allows for.

My core items are Glacial Shroud/Ionian Boots of Lucidity. Those are the core items. Everything afterwards is a flavor item.

iclim4

07-19-2011

I remain skeptical.. And which lane do you play Olaf in?

TealNinje

07-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iclim4 View Post
I remain skeptical.. And which lane do you play Olaf in?
Any of them. Bush lanes are preferable, but he can do middle lane - it's just really sketchy and requires a lot of patience and knowledge of creeps' damage.