"High ELO"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blue5ive

04-29-2010

I feel like I get thrown into different ELO's more often than I'd like to think. Some games I do fine, and some games I die... a lot. I'm not the best player, probably not even "good" but I can do alright sometimes, but I notice a skill jump from one game to another every so often.

OmniOblivion

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelo View Post
merc treads are that good huh?
Not in my opinion. Probably good if you get caught in one of Ashe's arrows, but other than that, it's weaksauce. Besides, I have Cleanse for that. :P

Taenshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-29-2010

The only real way to know if you are high elo or not is to fight against well known high elo players who for whatever reason do know their elo (Phreak for example)

Otherwise I find that most high elo players tend to up around 100-150 wins over there losses (some in the 200 range) but there are plenty of high elo players who simply do nothing but play against other high elo and end up very close to 50/50 win/loss.

In the end you can only really wait for the ladder/season to launch and anything atm is pure guesswork.

Karnikula

04-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taenshi View Post
The only real way to know if you are high elo or not is to fight against well known high elo players who for whatever reason do know their elo (Phreak for example)

Otherwise I find that most high elo players tend to up around 100-150 wins over there losses (some in the 200 range) but there are plenty of high elo players who simply do nothing but play against other high elo and end up very close to 50/50 win/loss.

In the end you can only really wait for the ladder/season to launch and anything atm is pure guesswork.
slow down dude, there's a difference between top500 and high elo

top500: you queue for 30 minutes and get matched up with/against "noobs" or you see some familiar faces

high elo: you enjoy competitive games with and against good players who might or might not be "famous", i've already enjoyed games versus various emissaries / adjucators (HotshotGG owned me with his Fiddle)

seriously, the better your elo the better your games - it's more fun playing if everyone knows what he's doing