@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GloryBox

07-16-2011

*sigh* i wish we could move directionally with some type of WASD setup.

Bastet1

07-16-2011

I just want to say THANK GOD you are bringing back Evelyn's stun. I am a new player, and have been reading guides and spending untold amount of hours trying to make Evelyn even close to being bearable to play. Until she is changed, I consider her no longer apart of the game.

Demigod Vaughan

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2011

I, for one, am excited to hear of these new changes to stealth and I am even more excited to hear that Evelynn is getting her stun back, I used to play her all the time and stopped when she got the nerf.

But, I have read through all the red posts and it seems that the issue of what will become of ward hunting if the oracle's elixir is removed has not been properly addressed. Are you aiming to take ward-hunting out of the game completely? Will there be other ways to find enemy wards(if not destroy them)?
I'm just concerned at not being able to know for sure if an area is warded at first glance, short of actually seeing the ward being placed.

Pious Atheist

07-17-2011

Bump

Capac Amaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2011

Concerning wards and 'shrooms:

I wouldn't mind wards being indestructible, as long as sight on them makes them permanently appear for your team on the map (I believe Caitlyn's traps work this way?). I think this could add a lot to strategic play, allowing a way to partially negate wards, without completely removing them, and removing the problem of 'sweeping'. It would also lead to more strategic placement of wards, as they would need to be better hidden, instead of out in the open.

For example: Team A places a ward outside the Baron. A member of Team B spots the ward, and Team B uses the enemies visibility there to set up a gank.

I think this kind of back and forth is much more interesting than removing the ward, and destroying both the enemy teams investment, and a unique form of map control.

I believe this would encourage more strategic play from both sides.

As far as 'shrooms go, I think they should have a small visibility radius like that in testing for Eve and Twitch, small enough so if you are running you may not have time to avoid them. I don't beleive this would alter their impact much at all, as they would still be as dangerous in gank or escape situations, and make facechecking brush just as deadly.

In addition, I think Eve and Twitch should get sight crystals on any visibility wards they can see that can potentially see them. I appreciate this may be difficult to code, but I think it would be most rewarding to circumnavigate a ward to set up a perfect, unexpected gank on a "protected" target.

MemoryLapse

07-17-2011

How will these changes affect heroes like Shaco and Vayne?

Shaco only goes invis to get close, or escape, these changes will either nerf him or buff him. If they apply to shaco its a nerf, if the dont apply its a buff because no one will have an eye...

Rakaydos

07-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
How will these changes affect heroes like Shaco and Vayne?

Shaco only goes invis to get close, or escape, these changes will either nerf him or buff him. If they apply to shaco its a nerf, if the dont apply its a buff because no one will have an eye...
The changes to stealth for shako, Teemo, Akali, and Vayne are as follows:

Steath on the above champions has been renamed to invisibility to distinguish it from Eve/Twitch. No furthur changes.

Beinn

07-17-2011

I think towers stealth detection should be removed... I like that you're doing a remake, but if towers and people can see you, what's the point?

Jimmy Dives

07-17-2011

Can Eve get her jungle back? to me hate spike (even with the champion prioritizing targeting) still does not do enough damage to be threatening in the lane. and with all these advance warning methods in place I don't think it wouldn't be unreasonable to allow her to do it again.