@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lusid

07-12-2011

I do want to turn your (dev's who are doing eve's kit) attention to what one of the reds were saying was a problem with melee champions as of right now: Gap closers. It takes away their disadvantage of being melee by closing the gap instantly at a normal ranged's attack range anyway. Then it usually comes with a slow or the champion has one tacked onto another ability. There is no getting away from them at that point unless you possess a long duration stun and ghost out (as said gap closer usually has a very short cooldown) or flash out.

Now eve is going to have one possibly. It also brings back one of her problems of a fight being 2v2/3 or 1v2/3 without the person even knowing it. She'll just sit outside of stealth sight, then gap in when it's optimal to toss the stun. The issue still exists, though now she has to be a bit more careful with her movements this way.

My opinion? Gap closer or stun. Not both.

D Happiness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but in place of oracles, you could add a few equippable items that introduce a new "Perception" stat, which extends a character's radius of stealth sight.

That could work.

Although the downside is that they'd be kinda lame, super-situational items, seeing as you'd only buy them against a couple champions.

Maybe only one super-situational one? I mean, QSS is just one item, and while it's really useful and versatile, players usually don't buy it unless it specifically counters a troublesome enemy like Malzahar.

Dreggon

07-12-2011

You know, I think this is the first company I've seen whose developers actually post on the forums and tell us what they're doing. And it's great!

TechnMage

07-12-2011

just a thought, while i know your adding actives onto the stealth moves, but it would be quite useful if their was a button you could hold and it would show a range marker around the opponent(like the ones around yourself) for how close you can go to them without being seen, ofcourse only effecting the enemies that you can see as the eye on top of them is currently

thehuzzahifier

07-12-2011

@Xyph: If you remove Oracle's, are you going to provide a replacement for support players who like to be perma-Oracled and run around scouting for wards? If not, why not?

Airoheadkill

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Lets say twitch can be seen by sona in lane. Can a kog maw, who is behind sona by a good amount, see the twitch as well?

Or is he still stealthed to kog maw?

condition: Twitch has not attacked yet.

Dracondemon

07-12-2011

This is almost identical to Rikimaru from DotA, he was my fav champ always and most fun to play so yay!

Boreall

07-12-2011

Is it a thought to give them stealth as their ultimate? Not that I think it's neccesary, just an idea what might be toyed with. Also give them strong early game ability, Just having stealth early game feels kind of weak to me. (I know there will be an active along with the stealth, or something along those lines)

Blazingswordsman

07-12-2011

Could oracles be a temporary buff to vision range, not just stealth vision but your regular vision?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
13 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Xypherous, will things that reveal sight, namely Orianna's Ball reveal a stealthed champ near it?
No, things that normally reveal sight do not reveal stealthed champions.

Evelynn and Twitch will be revealed when they are within things with true sight or when they are within X units of an enemy champion.

Quote:
@Xyph: If you remove Oracle's, are you going to provide a replacement for support players who like to be perma-Oracled and run around scouting for wards? If not, why not?
Ward-sweeping is viewed as a detriment to our game currently. It's one of the major problems we have to solve before this can be released as the status of Oracles is contentious.

Quote:
Lets say twitch can be seen by sona in lane. Can a kog maw, who is behind sona by a good amount, see the twitch as well?

Or is he still stealthed to kog maw?
Once an enemy champion sees you, he shares that vision with his team, so everyone will see you.

You will see the sight gem flare 'red' as everyone can now see you.

Quote:
Gap Closer + Stun
We're trying to solve this by making it a short hop gap closer, which is somewhere around 250 to 300 units.

By comparison, Vayne and Nidalee's "short hops" are 400 to 450 units long.