@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jansports View Post
Eve getting a support esq spell to brushcheck? She needs a tiny initiation to land stuns under new stealth?

Since you mentioned anivia's wall which is similar to Trundle's Pillar(which provides a debuff around it) What about something along the lines of Armor/MR reduction near this 'thing' and a second activation to hop over to it Similar to Jarvan or Lee Sin's abilities that move them towards other stuff. Or something of the sort. Even lowered Damage could work as a way to make her a little sturdier (Artificially) in a fight.

And Please do think about the Jungle, there is an alarming lack of non tanky junglers currently considered viable. Eve would be a nice addition to Nocturn as "the only jungler that doesn't end up tanking"
Currently she has a "shadow dispersion" move that performs similarly to a non-stealth detecting flare.

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Will there be an effective way to destroy opponents' wards other than vision wards if Oracle's Elixir is in fact removed?

Dreggon

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Right now internally, Twitch's Q gives you the stealth passive at 1 point, then grants you active attack speed when used.

He's going to be an assassin with carry qualities.... I would see him as an inverse Vayne.
Does the stealth get stronger at all as you level up? E.g. reduced range in which an enemy can see you.

Jerakor

07-12-2011

I really like the direction, but my concern is how Eve's stealth will interact with Flash. Will she be able to stealth close enough to Flash next to an opponent? If so, does this just create the same "I have to tower hug all the time because Eve can gank me at anytime" mentality in her opposition?

Daen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-12-2011

Sight wards as being partial motion sensors - Sight wards signalling when a hostile is moving nearby?
~Xypherous

Is this a projected change to sight wards in that they won't actually reveal enemies, or is this purely directed towards stealth characters?

Patyrn

07-12-2011

This doesn't sound like it will make games with stealth champions on the other team any more fun. There will still be the "MIA Eve" call which forces you to hide at your tower. There's nothing stopping her from coming at you from behind so even with the advanced warning, you are most likely going to get caught if you're not tower hugging.

wiped

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
Evelynn's dash-stun is currently the same range as Ravage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A short hop is a short hop. Think Trundle's Q in how Trundle steps forward to bite the opponent at 250 range.
Answered my question greatly. Can't wait to see how it all works out, keep up the good work!!

Wings of Demacia

07-12-2011

Quote:
"Wriggles" for supports?
I love this idea. Maybe have it like mana and health regen, and gives a ward every 3 minutes? Sounds great to me.

plasmatorture

07-12-2011

Quote:
Additionally, if this stealth system works out well, this enables us to open design space for more stealth. We'll see.

For example, Guinsoo is looking at Shen right now and Shurelia is looking at healing right now.
Shen with stealth? An actual ninja finally?
I think I just creamed myself.

PS: I hope Trist is kept in mind with Twitch's balancing, I don't want her to be totally outclassed by another carry with a powerful ASPD buff.

Ein

Senior Recruiter

07-12-2011

Quote:
It's in testing right now. So far, it's kind of fun but not quite hitting the mark.

I don't disagree with you that we have a lot of things that need to be looked at. However, Stealth has been on the back burner for a *long time*. I assure you that we are aware of everything that you've brought up and we have other designers who are aware of those issues or actively working on them.

Additionally, if this stealth system works out well, this enables us to open design space for more stealth. We'll see.

For example, Guinsoo is looking at Shen right now and Shurelia is looking at healing right now.

Let me know if there are things that we are unaware of though.

Hm. Last I checked, Twitch's poison at level 18 does 10 true damage per stack, stacking up to 6 times, for 6 seconds.

360 true damage for 6 stacks seems pretty good to me, but I could be wrong?
Yes it does damage after 6 hits and when the game is almost over. Most champions do a lot more damage than that with a cool-down lower than what it takes for twitch to get in 6 hits. Also they can do the damage more safely.