@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0uroboro5

07-12-2011

Maybe shaco's stealth will be removed all together and they could increase his teleport range? Or shorten the range and increase the stealth duration so he can stalk just outside of detection range for a chance to dive in a deal some damage.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
4 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
I know I'm the vast minority here, but colored sight gems as a color blind person will suck.
Thanks for the reminder! We have a color-blind QA/Dev expert here and we'll try to make the sight gems also have huge visual distinctions on the particle side.

(Like, lidded eye, closed eye, open eye, etc.)

Quote:
Xyph, as an honest question, How does permanent stealth keep them from being over-powered?
Read part 2: where if they are within 'X' units of an enemy champion, they are revealed.

In short, every champion has a slightly weaker version of oracles, but Eve and Twitch are always stealthed.

Quote:
Eve, being weaker in melee
We're addressing this with some kit stuff. For example, giving Evelynn a medium range harass ability (Lurker Spines) allows her to flit in and out of her "revealed" radius to harass opponents while being slippery and hard to find. Giving Evelynn a short-hop on ravage allows her to close the gap slightly faster, etc.

Karusan

07-12-2011

As someone who's played Eve since beta, these changes sound really good and make Eve's gameplay much more high skillcap.

King Mog

07-12-2011

How will this effect wards in game, and ward hunting? Will wards have the same vision range champs have for stealth or will there still be 1 ward that reveals and 1 that sees stealth?

Edit: Will we be able to see wards as we are able to see the champs with-in a certain distance?

Bromoflexual

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

I appreciate this effort. Might I suggest the same idea for TF?

Apoteosis

07-12-2011

Hey Xypherous, while reading what you have in mind for the new mechanics, I couldn't avoid a question that came to mind...

Is Lee Sin going to have his "E" ability changed? I mean, the part where he reveals stealthed enemies since you will be able to see them when they are next to you.
Or are you guys thinking on keeping him the way that he is just to counter other stealths like Teemo's, Vayne's and Shaco's?

Wav3Break

Riot Intern
Quality Assurance

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

We will also fix this with slight tweaks to her kit. (For example, giving Evelynn a short-hop type ability, giving her a medium range harass ability, etc.)
:O will this hop also give Eve the ability to hop past walls/terrain?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
5 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Is Lee Sin going to have his "E" ability changed? I mean, the part where he reveals stealthed enemies since you will be able to see them when they are next to you.
Or are you guys thinking on keeping him the way that he is just to counter other stealths like Teemo's, Vayne's and Shaco's?
Lee Sin should be fine just countering the short-duration stealth abilities. 'E' after all, is excellent for sweeping for Vayne's and Akalis.

Quote:
Edit: Will we be able to see wards as we are able to see the champs with-in a certain distance?
If the opponent has a pink ward, Evelynn may not be able to spot pink wards, but she *will* know if an enemy champion can see her, regardless of *how* they are seeing her.

Err.. she's reading their body language or something. Yeah...

Anaesthetic

07-12-2011

Woah. Why wasnt this the way stealth was from the beginning? It makes me feel like im playing splinter cell omfg!

GeneralZhukov

07-12-2011

Wow. I asked my question, read a few pages of Fountainhead and immediately saw a reply. Thanks