@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcade Mikey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

It sounds like the stealth/invisibility rework is going under great changes. Good job & work! I'm sure there's still plenty of work to do, but it seems like it'll be a great implementation.

Hebacheba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Hm. Okay, well, I suppose it's been a while since I've given an update so I'll chime in on this a little:
A giant wall of text != chiming in a little

Taios

07-12-2011

Xypherous,

If I were a woman, I would have your babies. Thanks for keeping us up to date. It helps show us that the issue is still being looked into. I think this is something that Eve/Twitch/Shaco players, as well as those who hate them, can all appreciate, and could add an interesting slant to the meta.

DoughnutLad

07-12-2011

This sounds AWESOME, can't WAIT to try this out. Riot definitely put the right man on the job for this stealth rework.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
3 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
So we really shouldn't hold our breath for anything new to due with stealth? Meaning another year will go by before we see anything to do with Twitch or Eve?
ETAs are shaky, unfortunately. I can't give you a good estimate because of the platform instability going on. Sorry. :<

Quote:
..I thought the unlimited scouting was an issue...this does not address that at all...
We diminished the power of unlimited scouting in several ways:

1. You can't sneak up to scout someone in the brush, because they will see you before you can enter the brush.

2. Your scout is diminished because you are doing it from farther away.

Quote:
Won't Evelynn's abilities to initiate (since she has to get into melee range) be completely gimped by giving the enemy completely sight of her if she is within range? Have you tested just having a warning indicator for players that warn them when a stealth champ is in X range but doesn't reveal the character model of the stealthed champ to the player?
Yes, this was paranoia. It was still generally unsatisfying to play against.

We will also fix this with slight tweaks to her kit. (For example, giving Evelynn a short-hop type ability, giving her a medium range harass ability, etc.)

Duelpower

07-12-2011

Quote:
"Robot Chicken" scout drone

"Wriggles" for supports?
I love you right now if these actually happen.

Low Key Lyesmith

07-12-2011

I'm REALLY hoping some buffs will come through somehow, be it mechanics or numbers. While the update is cool, it will utterly destroy Eve's initiation. Stealth becomes useless when it come to terms of champs.

And will this gem system also work with hidden champs?

Bromoflexual

07-12-2011

I know I'm the vast minority here, but colored sight gems as a color blind person will suck.

SnakeWaffles

07-12-2011

Awesome news!

Imagine Peace

07-12-2011

Xy gets my vote for Rioter of the year, Love you bro, keep up the great work, and thanks for taking the time to keep us updated!