@Morello/Xypherous: Can we get an update on the stealth remake please?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stargate S8G

07-12-2011

Xypherous remains my favorite Rioter.

Great work on the update. >:3

Hey Aqualung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

appreciate the update

Poxrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2011

so excited..

HeyItsMeh

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernalWyvern View Post

Dear god dont quote walls of text for 4 word responses.
Don't quote 4 word responses for 11 word responses 8D

Xypherous

Systems Designer

07-12-2011
2 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
How will this, if it does, affect shaco?
It will not initially. Only long term stealth abilities will be changed.

The others will probably be reworded as "invisiblity" to distinct the two. Short term tactical stealths are in a much better place currently.

However, items that reveal stealth may be broadened a tad and Oracles may be on the block for being removed, so that will tangentially affect him.

Rectifier

07-12-2011

What about adding a different "invisibility sweeper" that acts like oracles but only temporarily and with a larger radius?

Gabriel Cancer

07-12-2011

Looking good so far based on what I have read. Look forward to its release and I really like the gem mechanic. Makes it feel more like it takes skill to sneak rather than just toggle a skill.

WelcomeToTarget

07-12-2011

So we really shouldn't hold our breath for anything new to due with stealth? Meaning another year will go by before we see anything to do with Twitch or Eve?

I don't mean to sound cynical but I've been playing since Jan 2010 and I've read almost every promise that has yet to be released.

The Crow

07-12-2011

You guys finally decided to go with the Riki approach, but a little amended. Good choice.

Vinnie

07-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xypherous View Post
hm. Okay, well, i suppose it's been a while since i've given an update so i'll chime in on this a little:

Following up from last time, the general problem(s) with long term stealth was:

1. There was no way for the opponents to get an inkling of how clever the stealth player was being, and thus there was no good way to get a sense of how that player operates.
2. Stealth is claustrophobic in the way that it makes you play.
3. Stealth gives very powerful scouting information while simultaneously hiding that information from your opponent.

as an aside: Hate spike is now awesome (for me, at least). Evelynn now has champion prioritizing lurker spines. This makes her lane less bad.

as usual, feel free to ask questions for a little bit as i stick around. I don't know all the details of the full remake (as live better understands that new environment). Sorry for the delay, but with orianna/champion pipeline and such, this has been somewhat of a lower priority for me.
win win win win. I'm very excited about this change, and thanks for letting us know.