[Guide] Kennen - 1.21Gigawatts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

04-25-2010

I appreciate the thoughts Azing. I've had some experimentation with Leviathans before and I find it a tempermental investment. I will try it out some more and see what I have to discuss.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2010

I'm not putting words into your mouth, I'm commenting on what your saying. You said Maelstrom was a poor man's Crowstorm. It's not, and I refuted it. You said he's great for stunning everybody at the same time, he's not; he only stuns one every .5 seconds if they already have 2 marks of storm up.

If Kennen uses maelstrom he must be close, if he's close he will get squished. If Kennen uses lightning rush, he must be clsoe, if he's close he will get squished. That's my entire arguement against this champion, stating that you have 3.5k health just means it takes seconds longer for you to die. You still will be focused because without armor/magic resist health still dries up fast.

The only way to play Kennen, as I said is harrasment and cleanup. You cannot engage, your relegated to using 2 of your 4 abilities until the time is ripe for you to go in and lightning rush/maelstrom. Guess when that is? When the other team is running away. Guess what that means? Your clean up.

what do you do until then? Try to build stacks on targets and chipping away at their health. Guess what that means? Your a harrasser.

TechYS

04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
I'm not putting words into your mouth, I'm commenting on what your saying. You said Maelstrom was a poor man's Crowstorm. It's not, and I refuted it. You said he's great for stunning everybody at the same time, he's not; he only stuns one every .5 seconds if they already have 2 marks of storm up.

If Kennen uses maelstrom he must be close, if he's close he will get squished. If Kennen uses lightning rush, he must be clsoe, if he's close he will get squished. That's my entire arguement against this champion, stating that you have 3.5k health just means it takes seconds longer for you to die. You still will be focused because without armor/magic resist health still dries up fast.

The only way to play Kennen, as I said is harrasment and cleanup. You cannot engage, your relegated to using 2 of your 4 abilities until the time is ripe for you to go in and lightning rush/maelstrom. Guess when that is? When the other team is running away. Guess what that means? Your clean up.

what do you do until then? Try to build stacks on targets and chipping away at their health. Guess what that means? Your a harrasser.
He's not just capable of harassing.

You are totally ignoring that he stuns, and if a good player pulls it off you're eating aoe damage and a stun that is dished out even before Lightning Dash is finished. Maelstorm damage will be slightly slower, but at least you've already used the skill and just have to keep enemies in range. Once Lightning Dash CD is back again, you can either high tail it out or chase, depending on how the battle went.

Your argument is kinda flawed because that's not how you play a mage. Fiddle's skills are all only effective at close range other than Dark Wind if it has something to bounce off of. If Fiddle tries to engage the other team first the same thing will happen if Kennen does the same. He's gonna get creamed. You just don't go into a team fight head first with your mage, unless it's a 3 vs 3 and you know enemies have no hard CC (stuns, knock in airs, etc.) or silence to get you before you can cast stuff.

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2010

In no way shape, or form am I ignoring that he stuns. His "q" ability puts up one mark of storm. He can pop "w" to put up another mark on that one person and then stun with a good "q" shot. That's called harassing. Lightning Dash requires you to be literally in melee range. You will get popped like a zit if you go in anytime the enemy is not retreating.

Saying Maelstrom's damage will be slightly slower but you just have to keep them in range, just means your a hop,skip, and jump away from getting reamed. Maybe people in your elo freak out when they see Kennen's Maelstrom, up here we just chuckle and squish the little bugger flat.

Comparing Fiddle to Kennen is like comparing a BMW to a Kia. Fiddle's ult's SCARE people, with good reason it can rape. Do all people run out? Depends; somethings it's just easier to squish him fast. Same thing with Kennen, except Maelstrom is 99% less threatening. Because that 1 second it takes to squish Kennen, 2 people might get stunned. Oh noes.

I'm not talking about going in first, second or third. I'm talking about going ANYTIME that the enemy is not in full retreat will end up in yordie jam.

TechYS

04-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritara View Post
In no way shape, or form am I ignoring that he stuns. His "q" ability puts up one mark of storm. He can pop "w" to put up another mark on that one person and then stun with a good "q" shot. That's called harassing. Lightning Dash requires you to be literally in melee range. You will get popped like a zit if you go in anytime the enemy is not retreating.

Saying Maelstrom's damage will be slightly slower but you just have to keep them in range, just means your a hop,skip, and jump away from getting reamed. Maybe people in your elo freak out when they see Kennen's Maelstrom, up here we just chuckle and squish the little bugger flat.

Comparing Fiddle to Kennen is like comparing a BMW to a Kia. Fiddle's ult's SCARE people, with good reason it can rape. Do all people run out? Depends; somethings it's just easier to squish him fast. Same thing with Kennen, except Maelstrom is 99% less threatening. Because that 1 second it takes to squish Kennen, 2 people might get stunned. Oh noes.

I'm not talking about going in first, second or third. I'm talking about going ANYTIME that the enemy is not in full retreat will end up in yordie jam.
Whether his ult is scarier or not doesn't matter. What matters is that Fiddle also needs to be close to enemy to be effective. And hey, if you go in as Fiddle recklessly, you become chopsticks too.

Playing Kennen is knowing when to do what. Going in when you know your enemies are occupied gives you room to breath. A well placed Lightning Rush + Slicing Maelstorm + Electrical Surge will guarentee a stun. From there on decide if you want to stay or back out. What not to do, though, is stand there and auto-attack, unless most of your enemies are close to getting killed at that point. Back out a bit, place another Lightning Rush + Electrical Surge when their CD is over, or retreat if your teammates weren't competent enough. If you are chased, use summoner spells or Lightning Rush once CD is over (this is if you're not attacking, otherwise you can decide to Lightning Rush in rather than out if you know your damage is going to kill).

Personally, AP Kennen to me is more like a Singed who bursts instead of dots. You go in, do what you need to do, and get out. Singed doesn't just stay in the battlefield blindly, so is Kennen. You become yordle jam if you stay blindly in battle and auto attack when your skills are on CD.

Rhetorical Hippo

04-26-2010

I can't, in any particularly strong manner, disagree with any of your logic but the tone and repetition of your points seems to suggest that simply having these abilities automatically puts you at risk and automatically relegates you a back line ninny only able to contribute when there is clearly no need to do so.

Also, you keep referring to this immediate risk to your well being like it is a unique situation. As you obviously know, ANY champion is going to put themselves at risk to apply abilities to enemies (except Crystal Arrow, lulz). We both know Ezreal runs risks, Ryze runs risks, Fiddlesticks runs risks, et cetera. "Squishing" Kennen isn't any task tougher than "squishing" a champion with similar range and similar escape abilities.

Keeping a healthy respect for your own situation is plenty enough reason to be an asset to your team in a "harassment and cleanup" setting, as we appear to have labeled. I also think you're grossly overstating your perceived value of Kennen. BMW to Kia, 99% less threatening...we can continue our intelligent discussion without the theatrics.

It's pretty clear that we disagree with each other on Kennen's ability to succeed, or failing to succeed, in anything other than "completely ideal situations". Why can't you be the champion that tips the scales? Why can you only succeed when victory has already been won? Kennen has 1v1 power, every champion does and that's fairly obvious. i Just don't see why he is valueless in a team setting and why "pros laugh at him" just because his abilities bring him within 400 units of someone?

Kritara

04-26-2010

I never once said he was useless, this whole arguement started when I said there was no comparison between Kennen's ult and Fiddle's ult.

I got off topic no doubt, but my original and valid point still stands: There is no comparison between Crow Storm and Maelstrom. Crow Storm is AoE, Maelstrom is rapid single target.

Lynxion

05-04-2010

Sounds like a die-hard Fiddle player got butt hurt.

Titan III

05-24-2010

I fully agree lynx, lol.

knav

07-14-2010

random testing

*******http://www.gametrailers.com/moses/moviesthumbs/701572-t_ncaafb11_vr_gt_hd.jpg********