Xin Zhao's passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

07-04-2011

While this is very much in the same category as Warwick (healing, instead of life steal), I feel that it is too strong on Xin.

WW definitely heals more, and he undoubtedly deal better sustained damage. However, Xin has the advantage of having a short CD interrupt spell (if he blows all his CD, TTS is back up within 3 seconds, making it the shortest cooldown CC in the game). I honestly feel that this, coupled with the excessive heal he gets from his passive, makes him too strong with too few items.

While most champ would require a set of 3 or 4 items to reach their full potential, Xin is probably the only one in the carry category who only requires 1 item, or 2 at max (any single AS item lets him carry well until 30 minute).

Now, I agree that he is pretty fun (and very cool) to use, and that his concept is in fact, a "tireless warrior", and he's doing well with it. However, he is a little bit too "tireless" right now.

My suggestion: Increase each of his ability's mana cost by about 5 mana, and decrease his base mana/lvl by a bit. He will still be able to pull a burst easily, but won't be able to keep it up for too long. It will also put a penalty on him for missing an early game gank, since he is one of the very few laners that do not suffer penalty from losing HP in early gank.

axesandspears

07-04-2011

Good analysis

WCsharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

I'd be more upset that he can heal off turrets :3

Tinytankz

07-04-2011

I just bought him, he has the potential for burst but if you stand and fight (bring some CC) you can often counter the gank...

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
While this is very much in the same category as Warwick (healing, instead of life steal), I feel that it is too strong on Xin.

WW definitely heals more, and he undoubtedly deal better sustained damage. However, Xin has the advantage of having a short CD interrupt spell (if he blows all his CD, TTS is back up within 3 seconds, making it the shortest cooldown CC in the game). I honestly feel that this, coupled with the excessive heal he gets from his passive, makes him too strong with too few items.

While most champ would require a set of 3 or 4 items to reach their full potential, Xin is probably the only one in the carry category who only requires 1 item, or 2 at max (any single AS item lets him carry well until 30 minute).

Now, I agree that he is pretty fun (and very cool) to use, and that his concept is in fact, a "tireless warrior", and he's doing well with it. However, he is a little bit too "tireless" right now.

My suggestion: Increase each of his ability's mana cost by about 5 mana, and decrease his base mana/lvl by a bit. He will still be able to pull a burst easily, but won't be able to keep it up for too long. It will also put a penalty on him for missing an early game gank, since he is one of the very few laners that do not suffer penalty from losing HP in early gank.
Thats why he is good at excelling early game. The phases champions are good in is just one aspect of champion diversity.

Good xins will roam like crazy, or jungle, because they start with the dominance as an early game character with low item dependancies.

Just cut off one kill for his recurve bow and you will cripple him the whole game.

Dichtrich

07-04-2011

pardon my ignorance, but. what did u mean with "he is one of the very few laners that do not suffer penalty from losing HP in early gank."

i REALLY dont know whats that.

Diemite

07-04-2011

When I play against Xin, it feels like he's too strong with his passive heal. If he builds attack speed and lifesteal its hard to kill him since hes healing every attack AND heals more with his third attack.

Holiec

07-04-2011

Although i don't like to jungle on Xin, he his one of the champions included on the junglers group, so as ww has his abalities to jungles i think pasive Xin's skill is made for helping him in this task.

Eubanks

07-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichtrich View Post
pardon my ignorance, but. what did u mean with "he is one of the very few laners that do not suffer penalty from losing HP in early gank."

i REALLY dont know whats that.
Yeah I wasn't sure either, but I assumed he meant he doesn't suffer much from getting hurt in a gank when he ganks and fails, or from getting hurt but not killed in a gank since he can just heal right back up. The first one would make more sense because on certain heroes if you take too much damage too early while trying to gank, you obviously have to go back, but Xin can continue to jungle with not much health.

Dichtrich

07-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eubanks View Post
Yeah I wasn't sure either, but I assumed he meant he doesn't suffer much from getting hurt in a gank when he ganks and fails, or from getting hurt but not killed in a gank since he can just heal right back up. The first one would make more sense because on certain heroes if you take too much damage too early while trying to gank, you obviously have to go back, but Xin can continue to jungle with not much health.
oh that makes sense.. thanks.