Caitlyn vs Tristana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FractalDactyl

07-02-2011

Okay, so I think that Caitlyn is a little overpowered. This is mainly due to the range of her auto attack, which is actually quite powerful. At level 1, she has around the same range (if not the same) as Tristana does at level 18. I think that either Caitlyn or Tristana need a slight rework to adjust this issue.

Case Closed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

let's do some math

Tristana increases her range per increase level by +9 (so basically 17 x 9 = 153)
she starts with 550
Tristana's range at lvl 18 is 703.
Tristana's range at lvl 13 is 658

Caitlyn's range is 650.

FractalDactyl

07-02-2011

Really? They're still kinda close though. To me, it just makes Tristana's lean slightly toward the useless side. I mean, maybe if it was buffed. Because what's the point of a range increase if you have to be level 13 for it to matter?

Case Closed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Well you're comparing it to the champion with the highest attack range so...

Zarthorn

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalDactyl View Post
Okay, so I think that Caitlyn is a little overpowered. This is mainly due to the range of her auto attack, which is actually quite powerful. At level 1, she has around the same range (if not the same) as Tristana does at level 18. I think that either Caitlyn or Tristana need a slight rework to adjust this issue.
Caitlyn is actually one of the weaker AD carrys, she has a strong laning phase but thats all she has going for her, her ult can be blocked (step in the way of it with a beefy tank = taking the bullet for the squishy it could have killed), her escape isnt all that great and piltover peacemaker is so telegraphed and easy to juke it's unreal.

Sure she can be tough to lane against, she can even stop people that have no experience against her, but she is a one trick pony and once that trick is learned she is quite lackluster as a carry champ.

Tristana has infinatley better mobility and her ult is great for singling out a squishy in a teamfight.

Emrold7

07-02-2011

Why so many people underrate Caitlyn ?

Cloud Potato

07-02-2011

Tristana has a 90% AS steroid. Caitlyn doesn't have ANY abilities that boost damage.

EDIT: Besides her passive. It's not that great though.

Monketic

07-02-2011

Oh yeah so you've played as Tris and got powned by Caitlyn, am I right? Also you got powned by Le Blanc, so she should be removed, right? Also you got powned by Mord in mid, so let's say his shield should be removed, right? Also you got powned by whoever else...

These Q.Q threads makes me sick.

Seriously, have you ever heard about counters? Let's say that Caitlyn maybe is "overpowered" against Tristana, but Tristana can be "overpowered" against let's say Ez (just an example), who is "overpowered" against Caitlyn.
So that makes some kind of cycle.

Also, there are much harder situations than just Trist vs Caitlyn and I think making threads about it is more than ridiculously useless.

Also, pure 1v1; Trist vs Caitlyn, since Caitlyn ult is only usable in situations when the prey runs away, makes her ult useless. Since Trists ult is a pure duel burst, yeah, you should win. That makes it Caitlyn with her 2 abilities to fight against your 2 attack abilities (ulti and Explosive Shot activated DoT), plus your rapid fire, let's say. So you have 3 attack abilities against Caitlyn's 2 (As you might have noticed, i'm not paying attention to pure autoattack, only with Rapid Fire).

Carnifico

07-02-2011

IMO best thing on Cait is Pitlover Peacemaker, if you can avoid it you will do much better.

PoonSauce

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FractalDactyl View Post
Really? They're still kinda close though. To me, it just makes Tristana's lean slightly toward the useless side. I mean, maybe if it was buffed. Because what's the point of a range increase if you have to be level 13 for it to matter?
tristana useless side? are you crazy? with that kind of range, she can be safe outside teamfight and still do crazy damage. plus..she has kind of a 2 way escape, her R and W. so if they teamfight isnt going their way, she can get out quick.