[Guide] Tristana - BOOM HEADSHOT!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Togoland

01-28-2010

Also, just something that I have noticed. If you cast your ulti while being rather close to your target character, you can get off an regular shot afterwords, which can add another 100 damage or so to your killing blow without fear of them flashing away or running out of range.

xrats

01-29-2010

Some things i do and mostly work:

1)Going first item wits ends(after some regen first to keep me alive in my lane).Wits end is my first choice mainly because with my range and attack speed i can spam the enemy mana thus avoiding enemy spam and keep the pressure on my lane vs mages or heroes that depend on their mana pool to hurt/spam others and deploy their playing styles in general.It is better than a simple shord.I u compare them the sword gives + 50 dmg while the wits end gives 40% speed attack + 42 dmg mana burn per hit.All these with only 300 gold more.

Only minus here is that its useless vs enemies without mana pool and target without mana in general like creeps and buildings.If u face enemies without mana pool dont make this item.Vs good players u ll face much resistance before u have the change to hit buildings so u need something more efficient for enemy heroes first.Spamming them and minus their mana early on the game will turn the favor of battle on you.Give it a try and see if it works for u.

2)First i play 2on and 3nd skill but that depends on what i face and how iam able to play agressive to get a kill on my lane or just play defensive.If iam able to play agressive i up both 3rd and 2nd skill at the beggining.Why?Cause this way i can take kills easier and raise my exp and gold more than simple farming.Jump on an enemy.Play exhaust on him and cast him your third skill.Many times he ll get away at low hp only to die into the fog of war little seconds laters.If i dont have such opportunities i up my first skill and only have one level the jump in order to escape when this is needed.

3)Attack speed is useful on this hero.Dont rely on your first skill to kill the enemies.Experienced enemies will avoid it by several ways:slow,stun or retreat and come back after.Use it rather as a bonus instead.Its better to use it in non-movable targets.

4)As second summoner skill i play ghost-running.Why?Because simply vs good players and especially later in the game jumb is not enough to save u.This skill has saved my many times from certain death.Its simply awesome.You can use it also as a bonus in order to chase low life enemies after u have cast everything on him.Has worked this way also many times.Sure tp is good but vs good players u wont have many opportunities to bring down buildings without defend.And early game ghost running is more useless.

Sure tp is a very good choice.When u win some and u lose some.I have tried both and preffered the first since vs good players and teams didnt seem to work.On the other hand ghost running always works.A tough choice indeed.

Flashfires

02-03-2010

Thanks for the feedback guys, nice seeing some discussion.

Killorder

03-02-2010

Has anyone ever thought of Tiamat as a decent starting wpn...it has both health and mana regen and allows you to hit multiple targets with one bullet....

Now after reading alot of the forums on Trist i have a few things i need to fix but i still stand by Tiamat as i almost always get the last hit with it and the off hits with tiamat work with explosive shot and life steal abilities.

can someone let me know, that has been playing the midget long enough, what you think.

just think though....AP, HP/MP regen, and splash dmg that works with Explosive shot and life steal ?

PireoKireo

03-03-2010

For me, malady, berserkers, black cleaver and phantom, (in that order) works pretty well. Ever since i tried that combination, my games have been turning out awesome. Haven't really gotten many chances to reach full build though, but when i did, it was that item build + frozen mallet (love the slow) and last whisper

Flashfires

03-12-2010

Bump for updated items.

NullValue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

I suppose I should start this post off by saying that I'm probably a mid-elo player. I mainly play support / tank but lately I've been playing a lot of DPS'ers, especially Tristanna. I used to really suck on Trist but I think I've learned quite a bit on her recently and I feel that I can easily hold my own with her (or much more so) whether I solo-mid or side-lane at the start, and especially in team battles and ganking (at least at my elo lvl).

I've been looking for a decent AD Tristanna build for a while and I think that this build is really good; although, it seems a lot of the build discussion here is based on the older build before Flashfires updated the items (I dunno what that older build is though). Either way, I'll only be referring to his last updated build.

I used to go with fast BF Sword / Infinity Edge on AD Tristanna a lot of my matches and it wasn't bad in premades and such, but I always felt that there was something lacking in it. Mainly, I felt I couldn't gank very well with her after hitting lvl 6 because she'd run so slow. I really like how in this build, it gets Boots 1 and Zeal really early, which really helps for ganking and pushing other lanes (after lvl 6), especially if you've already taken down the enemy mid tower. This extra movement speed to help with ganking and pushing the other lanes' towers really helps for getting lane advantages early in the game as well as for farming money (mainly through champ / tower kills), especially after you kill mid tower, or use the ganks / pushes in other lanes to force defenders there so you can TP back to an empty lane and kill the tower there.

I also find that as long as I don't go Vamp Scepter as a starting item, a Doran's Shield + 1 HP Pot or the Brawler's Gloves + 2 HP pots really help me to kill the enemy solo-mid before I hit lvl 6, even if I am getting harassed really badly by a good enemy solo-mid. I find that Tristanna's skills alone with just a lvl 2/3 Explosive Shot, a lvl 1 Rocket Jump, and Exhaust are more than enough to force kill most enemy solo-mids who I have harassed low enough, especially the ones who play really aggressive. To me, the most important thing for starting items is to have enough survivability that I can effectively stay in lane until lvl 6 if necessary, even if the enemy solo-mid is extremely aggressive (in which case, I'd let them push up to my tower and lock my creep wave there so I can still last hit and they can't gank me, then I can setup a gank on them instead if I want). To do this, it really helps to have the extra HP Pots or the Doran's Shield for the extra regen + max HP.

Another thing I started to notice on Tristanna is that Berserker Greaves are generally not needed. They don't really add that much attack speed. Mercenary Treads and Ninja Tabi help so much more in survivability. Coupled with good use of RJ and the early Zeal, Tristanna with good positioning ends up being extremely hard to kill, while always maintaining a huge threat due to her range.

Personally, I run with MP5@18 Blues with all my champs, so I never bother to get the Golem buff, since I feel that I don't need it at all for Trist and I'd rather my teammates who can use it more, get that buff; however, I find that Lizard on Trist is just too useful to pass up. Lizard alone on Trist can have Trist acing the enemy team in the early team fights. The damage boost on Lizard, plus the auto-slow on every attack (with Trist having amazing range) is just too good.

But anyway, I think the default build order in this build is just really well thought out. Early Zeal greatly boosts your run speed, which is severely lacking on Trist. This helps you catch up to fleeing enemies and to get away extremely easily. By the time you get Phantom Dancer, it's the only IAS item you need, as with her Rapid Shot skill by those levels, she will be attacking fast enough with good enough +AD to kill enemies with ease (especially with Lizard buff). After you get the PD, it becomes very easy to farm up the IE quickly, either through champion kills, tower kills, clearing creep waves, or jungling in between.

Finally, I personally like how this build's core items are only Boots, Bloodthirster, PD, and IE. This frees up slots for situational items, such as Banshee's Veil, as well as slots for Elixirs, Wards, or Oracles. Really, all Trist needs to start acing teams is a charged up Bloodthirster and an IE + PD for the IAS / Crit Chance / movement speed. I never used to run PD on Trist before, as I'd just stack AD with fast IE and Bloodthirster and other IAS items, but that PD is really good enough with the IE and Thirster to be all the item damage needed (for the most part). The other slots can be used for survivability and utility.

AIM7Sparrow

04-12-2010

I have to say I am fervently against rushing Phantom Dancer. The initial zeal sounds very appealing due to it's move speed and all around good stats but after that you really need to get a BF sword in there.

Well-written guide though.

NullValue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
I have to say I am fervently against rushing Phantom Dancer. The initial zeal sounds very appealing due to it's move speed and all around good stats but after that you really need to get a BF sword in there.

Well-written guide though.
That's what I like about the build. He doesn't rush Phantom Dancer, only the Zeal. He gets the Phantom Dancer after he gets the BF Sword item (Bloodthirster). I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread but early PD is pretty pointless without any damage to back it, and I fully agree with you on that too. The early Zeal though really helps for getting money through Ganks / other lane pushes, whereas I find that staying longer at mid just to farm for the BF Sword tends to end up being less helpful to the team due to lack of roaming ganks / other lane pushing. Love that extra speed! I think Zeal + Boots 1 was giving me 389 movement speed. With Boots 2 (Merc / Tabi), it's around 411.

But yeah, I agree, getting the BF Sword fairly early is very important on Trist. After a while, her skill damage drops a lot, so need the BF Sword before that happens.

NovemberTen

06-12-2010

Doran's Blade is the best starting item IMO. It gives 120hp + 6dmg + 4%LS. It's very useful when trading early blows against enemy mid. The added 120hp + 97hp in quints will make Tristana not so squishy.

For item build. I usually rush IE as my 1st getting the critical cape last of the 3 items. Anyone who doesn't get mercury threads is silly. +25 m.resist and reduces the time of CCs. Unless the other team is DPS heavy with little CC then I will get Ninja Tabi. As for my 2nd item, it all depends on the other team comp. If they are armor heavy, I will get Last Whisper. If they stack HP, I will get Madred's. If they are mostly squishies, I will get Zeal. Majority of the games, it will most likely be Last Whisper.
3rd Item can be Bloodthrister/Banshee's depending on the situation of the game.

Summoner spells. Cleanse + Ignite. Can't go wrong with these 2.

Skill build. E - W - E - Q - E - R then prioritize R - E - Q - W

If top and/or bot are mia when the first wave of minions start clashing, I will get W first just in case they might gank mid.

Never buy wards/oracles unless near end game where you have all of your core items and have alot of extra gold. Tristana is a hard-carry/very item dependant and she needs all the gold she has to buy dps items. Wards/oracles are tanks/supports's job. Grab a green elixer whenever u think a team fight will soon occur.