Kennen is 6.3k?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supernallaw

04-12-2010

He's very unique and actually takes a bit of work to get good with. And if you're complaining about 6300 champs being really hard to use then what about Twitch and Corki?

Kadzin

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernallaw View Post
He's very unique and actually takes a bit of work to get good with. And if you're complaining about 6300 champs being really hard to use then what about Twitch and Corki?
I've seen some bad twitches and corkis, especially during free week 0.o
People that play them when they are not in the weekly matchup probably bought them
and have been playing them for a while.

LynCT

04-12-2010

6.3k champ = op champ

and obviously kennen is op

McBeard

04-12-2010

Of course Riot wants you to spend money on Riot points. This game is the job that keeps food in their fridges and their families from starving, they are a company, and the game is otherwise free to play and has no in game advertising to cushion their costs. Riot does not owe you anything, they have a great game with excellent customer service and community support. By pricing Kennen high, they are not trying to screw us, they are offering us a new product to purchase, and thats the price for it. People spend thousands of dollars on handbags, things just cost what they cost! For the price of 2 beers, Kennen could be yours, grind free. I don't know what other concessions you can expect from Riot, who, aside from a few delayed game features, hasn't done a thing wrong imo.

Sozen

04-12-2010

I bought the deadly bundle. Is he worth it? Not to me he isn't. There's nothing overly innovative about him; Annie's passive reworked, a standard fast moving low cost/cd skill shot, stacked deck + conditional aoe nuke (somewhat similar to Jax), ghost that does damage and a nerfed Luna's ult from DotA. He's also fairly easy to use effectively and the difference between a decent Kennen and a pro Kennen is fairly small. So really, he should be 1350 or 3150 because he is easier to play and less innovative than Nidalee.

Malak al Maut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernallaw View Post
You must not be familiar with Twitch and Corki Free Week.

Douglas Fork

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRavager View Post
6.3k champ = op champ

and obviously kennen is op
Karthus OP?! o.O

H4MBURGERS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak al Maut View Post
You must not be familiar with Twitch and Corki Free Week.
I hate those.

McComb

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delever View Post
Oh I agree, I was not planing on buying him cause he didn't turn out to be what I expected (in terms of looks not in terms of skills and abilities). But I still think its unreasonable to price him at 6.3k. Also, I doubt they thought he was hard to master since they put "recommended" on his tab. Recommended by any means does not mean that noobs can pick him up and own with him like they can with ryze, it just means he is more new player/less skilled people friendly.
It's because they made him from Teemo.
And skillshot = automatic 6.3K.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

04-12-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delever View Post
I really feel like we ve been cheated on this one..... you just wanted people to buy the bundles because of how epic the skins for kennen are right?

Kennen is Medium difficulty. In fact, not even touching hard. He is solid middle of medium in the bar.

I thought the 6.3k champions are the very very hard to play champion that if played to their full potential can essentialy be better than a super easy mode character whose skill cap is much lower, thus limiting his full potential. I don't personaly see Kennen as a champion who can have unlimited skill potential. Sure he takes skill. He has a skill shot but that shouldnt mean auto 6.3k. I agree with all of the champs u have in the 6.3k list so far other than Kennen.

I feel like u just wanted our phat $$ on this one
We charge more if:
1) hard to learn
and/or
2) high production values/very fun

We felt Kennen fell under #2.

123456 ... 8