I got banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valheeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForyLord View Post
I think the Tribunal sucks its unbalanced and i do not care if riot reviews them bfore they put em up,People r not fair if they want tribunal they shud do it Live with a riot member there watching or something.
that coming from a person that hasnt even agreed to follow the summoners code, isn't even reliable


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotPi

QA Analyst

06-15-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If someone is punished in the Tribunal, and then they end up in the Tribunal again, reports that were made against them prior to the verdict of the first Tribunal case won't show up in the second.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreampod

Senior Member

06-15-2011

I'm sad that so many players on the Tribunal forum are hostile and unpleasent to someone politely asking a very reasonable question. Half the point of the Tribunal is to change the behaviour of problematic players and this guy wants to know that if he reforms his behaviour whether he could potentially get banned for actions that already has been punished even if he doesn't offend again.

I'm glad the answer is the one that lets players reform their behaviour since the point is to keep the community clean and if we can do that without permanently forcing players out of the community then that is ideal. Sorry that the people around here were jerks Ofcourseyoudied, not all of us are.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Golo

Senior Member

06-15-2011

you'll be fine after the ban... it just proves how ineffective tribunal is.. what you can do after you come back is start going to Tribunal and PUNISH EVERYBODY!!!!! and then all the tribunal does is give you free ip and force you to press the REPORT button every single time you lose a game and ban people for the hell of it.. that is why Tribunal FAILS!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Budo

Senior Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by odarkshineo View Post
It seems like banning accounts is only making more troll accounts. So now we have twice the tool accounts...

Ban by ip. End forum spam. End game spam.
That's easy to dodge, though. I say Riot should put trolls with trolls. If a player gets reported enough they'll be put with other players that were reported.

Of course that's near impossible to implement, but I love the idea of trolls being stuck with other trolls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0bi Wan Kenobi

Senior Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotPi View Post
If someone is punished in the Tribunal, and then they end up in the Tribunal again, reports that were made against them prior to the verdict of the first Tribunal case won't show up in the second.
it's called "double jeopardy"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PvtSkittles

Senior Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
All I see are grudge-filled power-hungry posters gloating over another player's account-demise.

*down-vote if you agree*
wrong. If the player got banned for 3 days, that means he got punished by the community, and when riot reviewed it *******BECAUSE RIOT REVIEWS CASES TO DECIDE PROPER PUNISHMENT*********** whatever he did was worthy of not a warning, but a 3 day ban.

So the OP probably deserves it.

but to answer the OP's question, I think reports before your appearance in tribunal dont count, and reports afterward will count toward another tribunal hearing. Hopefully, however, whatever you did to merit a 3 day ban... you dont do it again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

06-15-2011

@ OP: At least it's not permanent.

I wish the Tribunal were based on a fixed standard rather than the player base's "opinion". The player base has proven time and time again to:

abuse the /report function
abuse the "punish" button
hold grudges
gloat and applaud those that're banned [esp. perma'd]
bait/jerk a reaction from players in-game
synchronized reporting/commenting [premades]
make mistakes/accidentally click "punish/pardon" button
denying surrender in a logically lost match (only with compelling stats/evidence; players also use this to induce players to "afk", thus becoming empowered to report+tribunal them )

@ Riot: Please, for the love of LoL, rework the Tribunal. I know the Tribunal by definition means judgement oriented around the "community", but this player-induced abuse has got to stop.

My Suggestion: Make a system that has a set of fixed standards, rename this system, and award automated penalties based on violations measured by this system. For example:

Verbal Abuse: You guys have chat filters that catch bad words. Expand this library to catch symbols, possible variants of profanity, racial slurs, bigot comments, etc. and simply award players a "mute", or limit them to playing vs. AI for their "ban". Allow them to create custom games, and limit them to playing only by themselves [no buddies on the friend's list]. Ban them from Normal/Premade ranked/unranked games until the penalty expires. Retain their history of violations for 30-90 days, and amplify their penalty if infractions occur within the 30-90 day window.

Feeding: Determine a standard (or stat-based formula) by which you [Riot] consider "feeding", and make it time-based so that per 5-10 minutes a player's k/d/a ratio is measured. If a player gets flagged as "feeding", then after the player exits the match, prolong the "feeder's" entry into a queue (similar to that of queue-dodging; maybe increase the timer, and retain a counter of violations for 30-90 days).

...and so on.

Making a system like this will minimize abuse.

I sure hope that Riot's planning to review the overall effectiveness of the Tribunal, and its impact on your players, because it sure is making our gaming experiences become that much more deplorable...

I even perceive the Tribunal possibly [and negatively] impacting Riot's net income because banned players may become embittered, never to return, and possibly even refuse to invest in any of your future products (i.e.: LoL 2, [insert other Riot game titles here], etc.).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Summoner Vashj

Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
@ OP: At least it's not permanent.

I wish the Tribunal were based on a fixed standard rather than the player base's "opinion". The player base has proven time and time again to:

abuse the /report function
abuse the "punish" button
hold grudges
gloat and applaud those that're banned [esp. perma'd]
bait/jerk a reaction from players in-game
synchronized reporting/commenting [premades]
make mistakes/accidentally click "punish/pardon" button
denying surrender in a logically lost match (only with compelling stats/evidence)

@ Riot: Please, for the love of LoL, rework the Tribunal. I know the Tribunal by definition means judgement oriented around the "community", but this player-induced abuse has got to stop.

My Suggestion: Make a system that has a set of fixed standards, and award automated penalties based on it. For example:

Verbal Abuse: You guys have chat filters that catch bad words. Expand this library to catch symbols, possible variants of profanity, etc. and simply award players a "mute", or limit them to playing vs. AI for their "ban". Allow them to create custom games, and limit them to playing only by themselves [no buddies on the friend's list]. Ban them from Normal/Premade ranked/unranked games until the penalty expires.

Feeding: Determine a standard (or stat-based formula) by which you [Riot] consider "feeding", and make it time-based so that per 5-10 minutes a player's k/d/a ratio is measured. If a player gets flagged as "feeding", then after the player exits the match, prolong the "feeder's" entry into a queue (similar to that of queue-dodging; maybe increase the timer, and retain a counter of violations for 30-90 days).

...and so on.

Making a system like this will minimize abuse.

I sure hope that Riot's planning to review the overall effectiveness of the Tribunal, and its impact on your players, because it sure is making our gaming experiences become that much more deplorable...
Zeus..... In many of your posts you say your a follower of truths and facts, and yet most of your posts are full of conjecture and topics you CANNOT prove, yet you follow them as complete truth.

You seem to me to throw everyone else' opinion out, while holding your own OPINION as fact.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mísanthropic

Member

06-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summoner Vashj View Post
Zeus..... In many of your posts you say your a follower of truths and facts, and yet most of your posts are full of conjecture and topics you CANNOT prove, yet you follow them as complete truth.

You seem to me to throw everyone else' opinion out, while holding your own OPINION as fact.
...and these aren't facts, am I right? ˅

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
The player base has proven time and time again to:

abuse the /report function
abuse the "punish" button
hold grudges
gloat and applaud those that're banned [esp. perma'd]
bait/jerk a reaction from players in-game
synchronized reporting/commenting [premades]
make mistakes/accidentally click "punish/pardon" button
denying surrender in a logically lost match (only with compelling stats/evidence; players also use this to induce players to "afk", thus becoming empowered to report+tribunal them )
Can you prove me wrong in this? ˄

I don't exactly see you stating anything remotely as structured and thought out as what I'm posting. How about giving us your thoughts and suggestions...?

...instead of clicking the "quote" button, pointing to nothing in my post at all, and saying why you agree/disagree, making a general statement. ...and even getting up-voted for it? ...really? Whoever +1 'd his generic and non-verbose post obviously has no moral or ethical standard, and is possibly trolling for laughs while ignoring content...

Oh, and @ trolls: inb4 upvoting Summoner Vashj's post just to spite me! Watch his upvote counter, now. It may let you know just how many trolls are viewing this topic.