Trouble with the new VO Spells in Kat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

luti01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Im hearing a really disturbing noise instead of the new spell sounds in shunpo and other katarina skills.
Anybody has this problem?

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-08-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey luti01,

Shunpo has not been changed and there has not been VO added to it, so I'm not really sure what noise you are referring to. Could you please describe the sound you are hearing?

Thanks!

luti01

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

it sounds like static everytime he lands, its happening whit Gangplank ultis too, with every bomb droping.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

04-09-2010

I think I know what you're talking about. It's a very short static click when the spell goes off that replaces the spell sound. I hear it on GP's ult, Lay Waste, and various other spells. I always assumed it was just me, and it was just something a reinstall would fix, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

04-11-2010

Hmm I have not heard any problems with static, what type of sound card / device are you guys running?

fevi

04-14-2010

I am also experiencing this. It's sort of like my speakers are popping - I hear it when Pirate's ult's cannonballs land, and during Malphite's ground slam. My roommate has also experienced this with Katarina's skills, as luti01 described.

Drathamus

04-23-2010

So, luckily, I'm not the only one with this problem. The most noticable thing that I've heard from, was Gangplank's ultimate. It's a short static, like my headset is going bad, every time the cannon ball hits.

All my drivers are up to date, this I know of.

Not sure if it's the sound quality of the game that's gone bad since a patch or something, or my headset is just getting old; which I doubt.

Using a Logitech G35 here, USB headset.

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-23-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey guys, this problem will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for the feedback!

lolkittinz

11-26-2010

Ok, so with some of the heroes, when i use abilities, there will be a clicking noise when you use it, also there is a lot of clicking at the hero selection screen. Kind of like a staticy clicking noise. I hope you can fix this because I have donated over 100 dollars to you guys.

Thanks!

lolkittinz

11-26-2010

I left out that I am and have used the G35s and the G930s, both do the same.

Thanks!