Pantheon Champion Spotlight

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sevrin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

So, you shot a video of a fed pantheon rolling all over a team that clearly lost the game within the first fifteen minutes, telling us to take notes the final teamfight where your team had a good 5 levels on the opposition.

Despite what the voiceover suggested, You also did not buy a phage. Odd.

Nice little tips and all, but there really is very little of value to be found here

Bodknocks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-08-2010

Great video, a very good representation on how to play Pantheon, but for a champion spotlight vid it seems a little one-sided. I mean, 43 kills to 12? It just seems like it would have been more informative if the opponents were better.

Also, I don't know if Phreak is avoiding taking Flash in these vids because of it's pending removal from the game, but taking Flash as Pantheon is a must right now. Not only is it just a better spell overall, but you can cast Flash before your Skyfall resolves to realign its positioning. Same thing with Exhaust, which can be cast before you land.

Derdrom

04-08-2010

I like these too but you need to do them for Champions that nobody plays like Taric, Zilean, and some of the other support Champions. This would hopefully show the value of some of these lesser known Champions.

Sprinkles169

04-08-2010

As much as this video does very well demonstrate an affective way to play pantheon. I see watched the entire thing through and saw a lot of "how to get fed in an easy match with pantheon".

At first I saw the one strong point that I see in pantheon every game he is in. His early game. With armor pen runes/mysteries his skills hit really hard early on which can make it really easy to grab a kill or two early. Which hardly even matters Ive seen totally fed pantheons quickly start to slack in the later game.

Your first kill..or assist was kinda bleh. You should definitely have noted that it was a singed there because hes one of few champs in the demonstrated situation that I would trust to be able to do something like that. Was he ulting? Hard to tell with just the video. Oh and Anivia previously lost her egg passive. This is a very big part in anivias defense sometimes, especially when being tower dived. If it wasn't for her previous fail/your top lanes success. I'm sorry, your gank would have failed. Maybe you anticipated this though and mmmmaybe should have said that in your dialogue. =P

You picked on eve the whole game. A rather cocky eve I might add. I don't think I have to mention that firstly its eve. -__- She almost had you a few times to. I know you prepare for this with defensive masteries but come on that level up was very lucky. This kind of sais why defensive masteries are better while using melee champs rather than a pantheon tutorial.

You did a very good job showing how his ult is very situational and just a complete pain sometimes to land. Ive watched the other spotlights up to this point and thought they were great demonstrations on potent builds for our newer champs. I guess this one just annoyed me because I find pantheon pretty lacking.

Pizlenut

04-08-2010

video isn't horrible, but all it shows is how to play pantheon under the best circumstances. Your video demonstrated how to win with the pantehon when you get a bad enemy team (there was seriously a level 6 nasus when you were 11, and that eve kept trying to solo you not to mention their score at the end), when you get the center, and when you max out your runes AND masteries to a specific build just for this character.

This is supposed to help newer players learn how to play. You may have a perfect example of the type of opponents a new player may face in that video but you're far from showing advanced tactics and strategies for that character or even how to apply those strategies onto competent players or how to play under less the perfect conditions or is pub stomping the limit of pantheons advanced tactics and strategy?

You didn't even get a chance to show how good pants ult can be in team fights or how to use it to break up the enemy/cut them off/ or initiate because your opponents were so bad they couldnt even mount a reasonable defense or even give you a real reason to use it)
The ult is one of the hardest aspects of that character to use correctly and it received less exposure than the 1-2-3 combo which (even for a new player) is a given.

The tower diving and the early game was informative and useful. the rest of the video just made it seem like your opponents were inept more than it showed useful information for panth.

Guul

04-08-2010

this did not spotlight panth as much as it spotlighted being solo mid and fed the entire game.

the item build was interesting, but other than that not much value in the video...

SMG Ace

04-08-2010

I hate when people hate on the champion spotlight videos. Yes he was fed. Yes the nasus was level 6 when he was 11, but that happens when you solo mid. This video was primarily to show people how to effectively use his abilities, and gives a nice pantheon build. Yes, surviving with that level up might seem lucky, but perhaps he was keeping an eye on his xp bar. And how is luck ever a bad thing anyways? Is he in any bit a worse player for getting lucky?

As for taking spear shot first, its useful in solo mid when most champions you would be up against are ranged. It lets you last hit creeps without giving the enemy a free hit or two, and it allows you to actually harass them back, which is very important at level 1.

Also, the reason why it didnt seem like he ever bought a phage like he claimed he did, is because the video skips around. It skipped from before he bought the phage to after he upgraded it to frozen mallet

Oscillate

04-08-2010

Good work Phreak. I'm definitely looking forward to more champ spotlights in the future.

Might I recommend Jax?

Xelc

04-08-2010

I express my wish for an advanced spotlight.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

04-08-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

I do intend to go over the lesser-played champions. I had actually started this video right around the time Pantheon got put out, but got sidetracked a lot. You will see some "old" champions in the near future.

1234567 ... 8