Banning paying customers...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

N O R I S K S

06-14-2011

... because a bunch of non-paying customers cry about the paying customer being mean.

My friend that I not only pay LoL with but other games such as WoW just got banned because of tribunal votes. He has payed literally HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS to riot to show support because he is not a freeloader.

My friend also likes to talk a little bit of smack while he plays because he finds it fun. He does not use racial slurs or harass teammates that aren't doing well. He just likes to poke fun at people sometimes.

I'd like to note that most people that reported him probably did so because they are bads that pay nothing for the game and think they are amazing. You know the type of people I'm speaking of. That Brand that goes 0/12 by 10 minutes, berates you for how terrible you are and how amazing he is, then reports you. In short, 12 year olds.

I'd also like to note that my friend will never spend another dollar on League of Legends or any other Riot product. So I would like to say bravo Riot, you just made a terrible business decision by letting a fanbase that you know is terrible decide the fate of other fans that probably net your more income.

Eliza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

You sound like your 'friend' may be typing this for you.

Unholyrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-14-2011

I'm sorry, I never noticed the "Get Away With Being a ******" item in the store.

Spending cash != freedom to be a jerk to everyone that doesn't do well in one game.

Nehrak

06-14-2011

Lets say I buy $20 worth of merchandise from a store twice a week, every week, for 20 years.
Then I steal $5000 of cash, product and other things.

Should I get a mulligan on that because I'm a paying customer? No. I broke the rules, so I get punished.

Dementation

06-14-2011

People agreed to the Summoner's Code.
Their fault if they don't follow it. And plus another game company doesn't ban people who buy stuff with real money which made the game terrible.

Quantumprophecy

06-14-2011

I'll give you a 4/10, because some body will take this seriously.

BATTLEROKA

06-14-2011

fail troll is fail

Dracorya

06-14-2011

Boo hoo. Money does not allow you to be a jerk.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

06-14-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Your friend is affecting the player experiences of all Summoners he plays with - regardless of how much they spend. We care about them as much as we care about him - this discipline is attempting to improve the net atmosphere for all of League of Legends. I'm sure he's had many people who've irritated him - we're handling them as well.

Also, please keep in mind that punishments are vetted by a Rioter before being implemented.

H1s m0m

06-14-2011

I got arrested for punching a 12 years old in the face. The government think it's cool that a tax payer like me should be thrown in jail because of some non-tax paying kid.