Tribunal Stress

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulgar Dentist

06-13-2011

The problem with the tribunal is that you aren't actually playing by Riots standards, and they aren't asking you too.

You're being forced to try and conform to standards that are set by individual players. You're always on thin ice because anything you do can be offensive to anyone in any way shape or form. I think its a huge cop out because Riot is too lazy to handle the report cases themselves, so they let the general population of simple-minded nerd trolls rule the justice system.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

06-13-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

People are pardoned from the Tribunal by the community.
Failing that, Riot review the case and pardon people.
There are multiple tiers to the Tribunal. Generally, first up is a warning.

A small set of games is generally not going to get you into the Tribunal, don't stress!

TehomCD

06-13-2011

The best thing to do is to articulately defend yourself in chat, no matter how rude or abusive they are, and explain why you're having a bad game. It won't matter to trolls on your team, and it won't matter to anyone who's just clicking auto-punish, but it will matter to people who actually read reports and to Riot if it's escalated to them.

Dvt

06-13-2011

Yea, I usually won't click punish if I think it's a matter of skill or matchup. If you announce it or if you don't communicate with the team about what you need to not die, then I might consider clicking punish. Always always try communicating with your team, and that will show in the tribunal cases.

CrappyMMsystem

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
People are pardoned from the Tribunal by the community.
Failing that, Riot review the case and pardon people.
There are multiple tiers to the Tribunal. Generally, first up is a warning.

A small set of games is generally not going to get you into the Tribunal, don't stress!
Excluding those one-report cases, right?

Given the community's predilection for spam reporting as a result of severe "butthurt," I wouldn't put too much stock in the snake oil you just tried to sell us. The very same people who report every single game are the ones judging the tribunal. Afterall, only the apple polishers would really be interested in the whole "tattle and then be hall monitor" role you've created.

You simply cannot use the same body politic to judge cases as those who report them. I struggle to see how you didn't realize this failing in your design meetings.

Phatts

06-13-2011

Thanks Jozreal that eases it a bit knowing you guys do look before punishment. I was afraid it was just community only except for perma bans.

Another suggested always talk to the team and explain your motives, that is good advice and I do that already and think it should be repeated for those of us that do read/review the cases fairly. Being constantly trolled in game definately gets me to pardon people if I can tell they are being trolled, even if they rage a bit. I know the feeling and will pardon that every time even if they got a bit upset and said some bad stuff.

Br0din

06-13-2011

Another thing to remember is that the people who just insta-punish every case for the IP are going to eventually find themselves less and less influential in the tribunal system. Riot has stated that members who consistently judge fewer cases correctly, and in less time, will be limited in the number of cases they can review.

fuxalt

06-13-2011

Have faith in the tribunal and Riot. Riot won't ban you for a bad game. Everyone has it.

Although intentionally feeding is obvious like **** in a Muslim prayer room.

TehomCD

06-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappyMMsystem View Post
Excluding those one-report cases, right?

Given the community's predilection for spam reporting as a result of severe "butthurt," I wouldn't put too much stock in the snake oil you just tried to sell us. The very same people who report every single game are the ones judging the tribunal. Afterall, only the apple polishers would really be interested in the whole "tattle and then be hall monitor" role you've created.

You simply cannot use the same body politic to judge cases as those who report them. I struggle to see how you didn't realize this failing in your design meetings.
That's completely speculative - you can't accurately predict the composition of players that will use the tribunal. But for the sake of argument, let's say you're right, and that virtually every player who uses the Tribunal auto-punishes.

So then what? All that means is that Riot will manually have to determine guilt or innocence themselves, and the Tribunal would have no impact whatsoever on their decision-making process. So in the absolute worst case, the Tribunal is useless, but it's more of a stretch to maintain that it's actively harmful.

TitanMD

06-13-2011

Riot has stated they will audit cases themselves. Just because the community votes one way doesn't mean Riot will approve of the decision. If an overwhelming number of punish votes are made on a case deemed pardonable by riot, then the "punish-spammers" will be weeded out slowly because they will get fewer cases to review.