elo hell diary with pics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuffTime

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn3aks View Post
ill have to admit i did not expect this type of response, thank you.
I never said it was fun trying to carry the bad's my friend.

All I really am saying, is there are players who can with ease...

I mean, the elite players can do it blind folded.

I guess the whole reason I post on this subject, is because There is luck involved, but it's not all based around blind luck. The best solution is to improve, improve, improve, improve, and get to the point where you can just crush the baddies so hard that you'll just zip right through like an elite player would... Well, because you are an elite player if you're skilled enough.

I might come across as rude or ignorant or belittling sometimes, but I can assure you it's not the intent. I also don't claim to be HotshotGG, and I don't have 100's of ranked games under my belt, as I'm sure many people already know because on the forum's everybody just checks ranked history when they read something they don't agree with, haha.

But, the fact remains that I have various 1800+ friends on my list, and a 2.1k friend on my list, and we play from time to time. I know without a shadow of a doubt, that quality of player -will- smash through games at 1.2k without batting an eyelash.

They won't win -every- game, but they'll win enough to climb steadily, no matter what Elo they've ended up at. And that's honestly the only reason I post on these things. I understand everything about dropping due to leavers and how hard it is etc, but the reason I post, is because there are players who would have such an easy time climbing out, it seems silly to think of it as a death trap, when there are players who have proven it can be avoided.

I can tell you, if I ever end up at 900 Elo, I will take the blame for it personally. I've already had raging noobs and feeders and AFK threats and legitimate "gg team too nooob, AFK" players, and all of that and I don't even have 20 ranked games to my name yet =P

I've never denied the unpleasantry of having to deal with these... Creatures at 1200 Elo. =P I play with much better players in normal games than in ranked ones for now. Normal also has an Elo, and I've won enough games to make my normal game Elo pretty decent.

However, as I go along, and win games, my Elo will rise and I will be pitted against better players, if I'm the player who I believe myself to be.

Also, I don't play ranked games when I'm in a terrible mood or having a bad day or whatnot, I only play when I'm in a positive mind-frame and alert. =)

I don't know, this has been working for me. I'm only just getting started like I said, but I'm really not here to put you guys down, but rather hopefully get some hope going.

I don't see Elo hell as an inescapable pit, but rather a place full of players who should be easily beaten, on both teams, mine and theirs. Meaning that if I'm as good as I think I am, I should be able to beat down their players -by myself- hard enough that the terrible players on my team don't have to do anything.

Honestly, that's my mentality. It may sound silly but I go into all my ranked games, thinking that both teams are just gobs of silly putty oozing into the keys of a keyboard, and it's my job to crush them so hard that they lose every team fight =P

I'm sort of rambling at this point, but I'd just like to say I never meant for hard feelings, I just don't believe in Elo hell as far as "Can't win due to baddies" world is concerned.

Descyphal

06-10-2011

Having read your post, there. You agree, Elo Hell is an annoyance, and isn't easy to get out of. Exists, and is a pain in the ass to play ranked games, when you're just an average, or slightly better, player. As, "crush the baddies so hard that you'll just zip right through like an elite player would... Well, because you are an elite player if you're skilled enough." means, players like you'd mentioned, are elites. not the common, every day people stuck behind what is effectively a wall.

Elo Hell isn't a place where you get dragged down infinitely. It's a place where your core skilllevel, isn't taken into account. Because of the indeterminate factors, causing losses, consecutively, bringing your playing field further and further behind where you "aught" to be, in order to compete fairly.
Elo Hell, is not a place where Elites lose, too. It's a place where the more common failures of the broad spectrum, occur more frequently, than anywhere else. It's a place, where the worst of the worst, plague your games. And before you can even carry your team - you're already an AFK rager, behind the race.

DuffTime

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinate View Post
Having read your post, there. You agree, Elo Hell is an annoyance, and isn't easy to get out of. Exists, and is a pain in the ass to play ranked games, when you're just an average, or slightly better, player. As, "crush the baddies so hard that you'll just zip right through like an elite player would... Well, because you are an elite player if you're skilled enough." means, players like you'd mentioned, are elites. not the common, every day people stuck behind what is effectively a wall.

Elo Hell isn't a place where you get dragged down infinitely. It's a place where you're core skilllevel, isn't taken into account. Because of the indeterminate factors, causing losses, consecutively, bringing your playing field further and further behind where you "aught" to be, in order to compete fairly.
Elo Hell, is not a place where Elites lose, too. It's a place where the more common failures of the broad spectrum, occur more frequently, than anywhere else. It's a place, where the worst of the worst, plague your games. And before you can even carry your team - you're already an AFK rager, behind the race.
Yes, you're right.

So get better, and you will win enough games to get out.

That's my point exactly. The elite don't experience this because they're too good at this game to experience it, and would win the game with the AFK rager at that level of play.

If you're not good enough to force a win, then what good does is do complaining about something like that, when you could improve?

Descyphal

06-10-2011

Forcing a win, is something that's done sporadically throughout any players career in the game. Forcing a win, cannot happen every time. Because, all it takes is the enemy to push every lane, and you lose.

Again, you're making speculations based on zero experience or evidence on the matter. One cannot force the win as much as one can solo 5 enemies from start to finish. Consecutively.

HotshotGG isn't 5v1'ing every game he plays. And if he is, his elo would be much higher than it is. Your statements are beyond comprehensible. And beside any point.

DuffTime

06-10-2011

Quote:
Forcing a win, is something that's done sporadically throughout any players career in the game. Forcing a win, cannot happen every time. Because, all it takes is the enemy to push every lane, and you lose.

Again, you're making speculations based on zero experience or evidence on the matter. One cannot force the win as much as one can solo 5 enemies from start to finish. Consecutively.

HotshotGG isn't 5v1'ing every game he plays. And if he is, his elo would be much higher than it is. Your statements are beyond comprehensible. And beside any point.
No, you're just taking them 100% literally.

I understand he can't force 100% wins. That's why he has... What was it, 600 some wins, 500 some losses? He plays so much I could be way off.

And, neither can I. Neither can you, but if you can, more often than everyone else, eventually you'll have an Elo that reflects your winning trend due the the games you forced wins on.

Descyphal

06-10-2011

Right... Again, you've misconstrued the objectives of a team based game. This isn't a game where 1 person wins the match. It's a game where, 1 person CAN do exceptionally well. However, if the other players who have AS MUCH OF A DETERMINING FACTOR, as the player doing well, do horribly - the player doing well is outweighed by the failing-factor of everyone else.

Carrying is... And yes, it can win games. But it has to be backed up by non-feeding, non-quitting, still trying teammates. 4 guys giving 10 kills a piece, vs your giving 4, doesn't win you the game, when your pushing works, but the enemies pushing more lanes than you can be in - works better.

Hotshot has his record. Yes. But there are players with better win ratios than him, with less of a rating. Explain that, than, if this is solely based on a long term effect?

DuffTime

06-10-2011

Quote:
Right... Again, you've misconstrued the objectives of a team based game. This isn't a game where 1 person wins the match. It's a game where, 1 person CAN do exceptionally well. However, if the other players who have AS MUCH OF A DETERMINING FACTOR, as the player doing well, do horribly - the player doing well is outweighed by the failing-factor of everyone else.

Carrying is... And yes, it can win games. But it has to be backed up by non-feeding, non-quitting, still trying teammates. 4 guys giving 10 kills a piece, vs your giving 4, doesn't win you the game, when your pushing works, but the enemies pushing more lanes than you can be in - works better.

Hotshot has his record. Yes. But there are players with better win ratios than him, with less of a rating. Explain that, than, if this is solely based on a long term effect?
I can't explain it. There's so many true and false rumors floating around about how Elo is determined, that I've stopped really caring. Although I have done a quick math check before and it's -usually- within a percent or two.

My 1900 friend says it's just a straight formula that takes your wins over loses and ignores the rest, only factoring in queue dodge - after the fact.

Others tell me it's based on who you beat or who you lose to.

I dunno =P

chryme

06-10-2011

I played a game the other day as Annie, went 27-7-8 with a penta kill and a quad kill. No one else on my team had more than 5-6 kills and we still lost. It is extremely hard to win games without a competent team. I agree with tinate.

Descyphal

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryme View Post
I played a game the other day as Annie, went 27-7-8 with a penta kill and a quad kill. No one else on my team had more than 5-6 kills and we still lost. It is extremely hard to win games without a competent team. I agree with tinate.
This, is what elo hell is. It's a functionally fubar method of matching you, with scrubs.

You my friend, are in the wrong elo.

Tinytankz

06-10-2011

Quote:
This, is what elo hell is. It's a functionally fubar method of matching you, with scrubs.

You my friend, are in the wrong elo.
Or is a competent KS'er without a replay to back it up hearsay is hearsay