Bookmarklet: Change enemy names to black (Colorblind Option)

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-08-2011

Thanks man, us colorblind guys have enough trouble as is, so these are great time savers.

Wolvereness

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Xetelian

06-08-2011

I posted about being color blind, thank you very very much.

I found out I was color blind at 22 when I went to a science museum and they had a little flip card display setup and I couldn't see any of the numbers in the dots.

Really bummed me out.

I cannot read the captcha half the time.

Wrenchman Golin

Senior Wrenchmen

06-09-2011

Thanks for the input Velkor; black is a pretty safe color to use for people with color blindness. Another great color to use would be blue--it should be relatively distinguishable from red-green colorblindness and there are no yellows for people with yellow-blue colorblindness. You can change it by using the same procedure as described by Velkor, but with the bookmarklet changed to:

Code:
javascript:(function(){var styleElement = document.createElement("style");styleElement.type = "text/css";if (styleElement.styleSheet) {styleElement.styleSheet.cssText = ".enemy {color:blue !important;}";} else {styleElement.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".enemy {color:blue !important;}")); } document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(styleElement);})();
However, by the off chance that some non-color blind users see the chat log where the enemy's name is not red, it might be a bug and can be fixed using a similar procedure using this:
Code:
javascript:(function(){var styleElement = document.createElement("style");styleElement.type = "text/css";if (styleElement.styleSheet) {styleElement.styleSheet.cssText = ".enemy {color:red !important;}";} else {styleElement.appendChild(document.createTextNode(".enemy {color:red !important;}")); } document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(styleElement);})();
For Google Chrome, you can set the bookmarklet, open your Bookmarks Tab and then drag/drop into your Tribunal page.

Again, thanks a lot. It's community members like you that makes being part of this entire thing that much more incredible.

DrakenViator

06-10-2011

A great idea, but I have seen summoner names with special charters, show up in black in the tribunal. As a word of warning, there may be some overlap. This fact doesn't really change anything as you already can't tell what side they are on, still a heads up for those who haven't seen this already.

Velkorious

06-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrakenViator View Post
A great idea, but I have seen summoner names with special charters, show up in black in the tribunal. As a word of warning, there may be some overlap. This fact doesn't really change anything as you already can't tell what side they are on, still a heads up for those who haven't seen this already.
I remember seeing this once.

If I see it again I'll try to find a workaround (so special characters stay the correct color).

Shimrra3

06-11-2011

First impression - Wait, what? Why? We can all see them, its red and green, how can you miss that unless you're ohhhh RIGHT.

No, this is great. Applaud.

Wonderbolts

06-11-2011

im not color blind but this is cool that is was stickied

proof to some people that Riot helps and pays attention to forums

Erestem

06-11-2011

Excellent work. Well done OP. Kudos.

Kazaru

06-12-2011

I'd say black is great but it seems that names with weird symbols or names in other languages are already shown as black (at least to me....), so it can be a bit confusing at times. If this is to be, I hope those other names will be changed to the correct color.

Edit: Ah, this has been pointed out already. Well, I really don't mind it being purple or black as of now.

123456 ... 10